Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/29/24 at 15:33:10 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
two normal wicked ones, or one WO twice height?HLP (Read 6785 times)
manuelgonzalvez
Ex Member

two normal wicked ones, or one WO twice height?HLP
12/03/05 at 12:19:47

hey...which would sound louder?[it's for PA use, for a carnival...a mobile scenario through the streets, hehe]...two wicked ones(10" woofers) onto the sides of the "scenario"...or one bigger Wicked one(with twice the height and the 4 woofers inside it...)on the center of the scenario(all the people is situated on the sides of the scenario as the mobile thing goes through a street...i dunno if build one or two...(for me it's easier to build one, he....but...you tell me...

IP Logged
DirtDawg
Ex Member

Re: two normal wicked ones, or one WO twice height
Reply #1 - 12/03/05 at 12:56:37

Build it according to the plans. Build more if you need to. You will have more flexibility that way and guaranteed good results.

IP Logged
manuelgonzalvez
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 12/03/05 at 14:08:48

[quote author=DirtDawg  link=1133615987/0#1 date=1133614597]Build it according to the plans. Build more if you need to. You will have more flexibility that way and guaranteed good results. [/quote]

well the way to build it i'm talking about is...stack two WO one over another, but without the top on  in one, and bottom in other...and glue or bolt them together, or straightly cut the wood twice the height , as not to have air  leaks.. anyway...another question the WO would be 24x36...can i  make an extension of the horn mouth, so as to give it more output? let's say 10/12 inches longer..?

IP Logged
DirtDawg
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 12/03/05 at 14:43:57

You have to do everything to prevent any air leaks, anywhere and everywhere.

I doubt that having a "doubled" WO would be desirable, because the drivers would interact with each other instead of a sealed chamber. I have done that and the sound was OK at first, but I didn't try to push it, because just a little over a modest output it got ragged. Try it with a foam gasket between them if you want, but be prepared to close them up and you'll have 2 great boxes.

The second part of your question makes no sense to me, because if you have 12 inches to add to the front for a mouth extension why not put it where it should be and build it according to the plan. I think extending the mouth will have very little effect, unless you get seriously large with it, but increasing the overall internal dimensions back to 36" X 36" will be very beneficial to the low frequency extension.

IP Logged
manuelgonzalvez
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 12/04/05 at 13:46:22

err....i don't have enough wood, or phisical space to put them ... Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Damn :S

IP Logged
lunarlab
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 12/05/05 at 02:05:02

I am so glad my wicked ones are not an ounce heavier....I would not want to lug around twice the weight.  They are cumbersome and unyielding to say the least. You should try carrying one up stairs.  Maybe some castor wheels on the bottom.... or a fork lift.... Cry

IP Logged
J_Rock
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 12/05/05 at 03:09:51

yeah a full size WO mad eout of anything, even the lightest of materials is cumbersome at least. Build it out of MDF with some heavy subs and it takes 2 people.  

On a positive note, when I drove my Jag which was rear wheel drive I got much better traction in the winter. LOL

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print