Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/29/24 at 11:03:53 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
horn mouth coupler for PA (Read 4619 times)
lunarlab
Ex Member

horn mouth coupler for PA
11/18/05 at 17:59:01

here is a scan of my WO for PA use....My four WO's are built to perfection http://lunarlab.greenbtn.com/music/pics/woplan.jpg ....hope they don't get too bashed and scraped.  My bins came back smelling of beer spill. They got danced on all night and took a beating.  
Just thinking of some other posts of people extending the horn so here is my plan for  two stacks of four WO's...you will have to forgive my drawing is not great http://lunarlab.greenbtn.com/music/pics/horn.jpg
and yes my scanner sucks...at least I can't seem to get A GOOD SCAN !!!

IP Logged
DirtDawg
Ex Member

Re: horn mouth coupler for PA
Reply #1 - 11/19/05 at 22:34:35

???

IP Logged
DirtDawg
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 11/19/05 at 22:37:21

That's better! I've tried to respond to this thread 3 different times and been "denied" for some reason.

I think it's a great idea. I've seen it implemented on large cabs before, but I would think that small cabs would benefit even more. You will definitely want to cross brace this puppy.

You might be as crazy as I am.
Grin

IP Logged
Braggi
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 11/20/05 at 02:29:53

I wonder. I've seen it done for stadium shows and I always wondered just how much difference it made. I have a feeling you're going to get such a huge wave out of four WOs per side it will be gilding the lilly. OTOH, it wouldn't be a huge engineering feat, although it would be a huge chunk of plywood. And yes, lots of bracing or you'd get a lot of difficult to stop vibrations.Again congrats on your two pairs. I bet they sound great. And may those who put beers on speakers be blessed with undiagnosable symptoms. I've often though we should put pyramid shaped devices on top of cabinets to prevent it. And to discourage cats.

IP Logged
DirtDawg
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 11/20/05 at 02:51:11

[quote author=Braggi  link=1132340341/0#3 date=1132453793] And to discourage cats. [/quote]
Cats? No cat's are great! One of the funniest things I've ever seen is a cat responding with surprise after it crawled into a folded horn cautiously stalking the hiss and I punched up the pink. Just like a cartoon charicature, airborne, every hair fully erect, wide eyes as large as the face that won't blink again for an hour, spring loaded bottle brush tail. Sometimes you just need some comic relief and you have to improvise. Grin

Quote:
And may those who put beers on speakers be blessed with undiagnosable symptoms.

..... and may the aroma of their twice tasted overindulgence permeate their hangover breakfasts forever more ........ Undecided

IP Logged
Braggi
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 11/20/05 at 03:15:57

OK Dawg, we gotta get lives. This is like IM on Saturday night. <sheesh>

I have ESS speakers in the house. That means cloth covers on top of the AMTs. The cats, until trained, like to hop up there and clean themselves and sleep, of course, after sharpening up their little claws. So I wind up with clawed up cloth and cat hair all over. It only takes me freaking out a few times (and some well applied spray bottle) to discourage them, but before I learned the technique they'd drive me nuts. Oh, and then crawling into the ports on the big bass reflex PA boxes. Yeah, that can be fun except they like to claw up the insulation. I'm astonished they never clawed the woofers from inside.

IP Logged
DirtDawg
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 11/20/05 at 03:43:48

[quote author=Braggi  link=1132340341/0#5 date=1132456557]OK Dawg, we gotta get lives. This is like IM on Saturday night. <sheesh>
[/quote]
Hey, I like my life. I've already done a lot of that other stuff. I used to "go out" for a living. Now, I stay home with the kids (4 yr old and 6 yr old). We're very strict about early bedtime all week, but Saturday night is "freedom night" and they get to stay up as late as they want and play themselves out. I carried my daughter to bed an hour ago. It's about 11:30 here and my son has just fallen asleep in front of "Finding Nemo". Life is good! Smiley

IP Logged
Braggi
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 11/20/05 at 05:45:40

[quote author=DirtDawg  link=1132340341/0#6 date=1132458228]
Hey, I like my life. <snip> Life is good! Smiley [/quote]

Yeah, I spent the day with my 8 year old daughter, Freya. The wife's at a weekend knitting "retreat." Agreed, life is good.

Now somebody post something on topic, please.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print