Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 23:16:14 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
what do the HDT plans contain (Read 5797 times)
gexter
Ex Member

what do the HDT plans contain
10/23/05 at 16:18:04

Instead searching through everything I'll just ask in a new thread.
I have been tossing the ideas of building the HDT for quite some time.
If one was to build them just from the plans do they include information and specs to build them with other drivers
Basically is there enough information given to build them complete ground up correctly just from the plans.

thanks, Gex

IP Logged
Hrappur
Ex Member

Re: what do the HDT plans contain
Reply #1 - 10/23/05 at 16:39:31

I´d say they were more carpenter plans than novice orientated. There are a few measurements that aren't given and have to be deduced+ some things aren´t absolutely correct, e.g. the printed plans dont stand up absolutely to measure so every thing has to be measured again (dont use the templates for marking after just for reference)

IP Logged
ziggy
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 10/23/05 at 22:26:09

Gex,

One of the pages on the PDF is missing from the site, I can e-mail it to you when you need it. I'll also help anyone with the plans or the build, as questions pop up.

As time went on and questions were asked the PDF drawings were changed to clarify the problems people were having.

The PDF's are for the HDT's which are all built the same. (cabinet wise) The drawings will work for HDT MKI, HDT MKI ALT TUNE, and HDT MKII. The only differences are the passives,  ports lenghts internal damping, and the drivers. The PDF's don't show the MKII tweeter placement and mounting, however.

BobZ

IP Logged
gexter
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 10/23/05 at 23:04:37

Thanks Bob for the quick reply.

I just ordered the WO32 plans to my arsenal of decware product plans. My wife balked at the $40 US and we had a little discussion!. Its all good now. I think hitting her with spending $20 US at the moment would be unwise.
The WO32 is my first order in building.
I am leaning towards making full range next. And would really like to give the HDT a try. It would also be more welcome and needed in my home. I am in need of a good set of towers in my living room. my present ones are made of plastic, need I say more?

Gex

IP Logged
Hrappur
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 10/24/05 at 00:23:58

Gex the HDT´s are well worth building and I think they will go over a treat with the wife,I know mine did. The first time my wife liked a peace of hi-fi! That´s no mean feat the HDT´s are an imposing speaker size wize. P.s they sound great to Smiley

IP Logged
gexter
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 10/24/05 at 01:45:31

thanks Hrappur.  I think my wife will roll her eyes but say "hmmmm that will go with the oak library".
After she gets used the WO32 recessed and hidden in the wall of course

Gex

IP Logged
Hrappur
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 10/25/05 at 18:13:44

Gex I showed my wife pictures of some outlandish speakers, big ugly back-horns and super-sized front-horns, in an out of the way manner Wink This went on for some months, then I hit her with the HDTs and gave her the choise of veneer Wink......The rest is history Smiley

IP Logged
DirtDawg
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 10/25/05 at 19:37:57

Whoa! Rap,

I'm impressed. That's a smoother move than prescription laxatives offer. Grin

IP Logged
gexter
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 10/26/05 at 05:27:30

Hrappur or shall I say slick!

I have a feeling that that may work given a comfortable amount of time.

I think the WO32 which is next  is really going to be a positve start into a new direction and will win her over.

We have been talking about putting more woodwork in the house and I see the HDT as an artistic extention of that.

I have a vision and it includes beautifully wood finished decware products..

Gex

P.S. thanks guys

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print