04/29/24 at 16:02:52 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
more port fart.... (Read 4061 times)
lunarlab
Ex Member

more port fart....
10/18/05 at 08:12:17

Just completed 12 inch wicked one....and guess what... this one farts too.  Just to be sure what are the horn mouth dimentions ??? I cannot be sure that 1.25 inches from the corner is enough airflow.  I modified my ten inch wicked ones by cutting back the port so the opening is 2 inches wide....with odvious side effecs as a reslult.  The horn mouth starts at 1.5 inches wide on this cab... after removing all the screws and killing the lid we are going to modify the port again.   Any suggestions would be appreciated.  
       Also there must be more audiofile/professionals out there that have heard this nasty noise....Any suggestions would be appreciated.

IP Logged
Hotsauce
Ex Member

Re: more port fart....
Reply #1 - 10/18/05 at 22:56:43

Whats your low pass cutoff point?

John C.

IP Logged
lunarlab
Ex Member

Re: more port fart....
Reply #2 - 10/21/05 at 08:56:00

hello...low pass is around 100 hz, my QSC crossover is old scool Pro Audio and will not cross lower.  This sub is for a friend and his  sub amp crossover will go down to 40 Hz so he will have to play with it untill it sounds best...  I have noticed some rather unpleasant noises starting at around 110Hz'ish and higher but I think 80-90 Hz will be about perfect.  I have re-designed the port opening in efferts to eliminate the port noise and I now am satisfied with the results.  I rounded all the port opening to avoid turbulence..... now I can say I like the 12 inch 36x36 iversion...sounds dynamic, punchy and deep. Oh and not to mention LOUD !!!  I am experimenting with different port lengths and adding more bracing to my next enclosures.  I will post some pics when I have some more time...

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print