Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/29/24 at 11:16:07 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
WO with RE Audio MT-12 (Read 4207 times)
josmuck
Ex Member

WO with RE Audio MT-12
10/04/05 at 14:44:02

Hi, if any of my question are kinda stupid sorry i am real new to the box building. Smiley. What i would like to know is if anybody out there has ever used any of the RE Audio subs with the wo box. i will use 2 12in subs. if i read right i will have to make the heighth of the box 14in? to be able to use the 12in subs.
i am looking for the most SPL i can get out of the subs as i will start competing in db drag next year. Any hints or help would be great.

later brian

IP Logged
Adrian D.
Ex Member

Re: WO with RE Audio MT-12
Reply #1 - 10/04/05 at 18:28:04

I never built a wo, but all i can say is that people say to have hit high spl with it. from what i've read on reaudio.com i understand that the MT is a beast. i guess you'll be alright with the height.. but who am i to know.
what amp are you using ? and what voice coil combination are the MTs ? (sorry about hijacking your thread)

IP Logged
josmuck
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 10/05/05 at 08:34:49

I will be using 4 Audio System F2-500. The MT should be 4x1ohm so I can hook up each channel from the amp to each voice coil. All together the subs should be getting real 2000watts each. I am hoping that this setup will pound. Cheesy

Laterz Brian

IP Logged
djman37
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 10/07/05 at 18:53:05

IMO, the MT is the wrong driver for the WO.  For the MT, just set it up ported and back away.
I've done a 12" WO with SE's and it rocked.  I've seen the post about a WO w/10" XXX's.  These were both SQ oriented subs from RE.
The RE spec'ed ported box I built was 2 db louder than the WO with the same drivers.  The WO sounded WAY better, but not louder.
RE doesn't even give warranty or guidelines for the MT's because it's straight SPL.

IP Logged
josmuck
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 10/07/05 at 21:27:12

ok thanks for the answer. guess i will have to stay with a normal ported box.

cya brian

IP Logged
J_Rock
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 10/08/05 at 19:43:40

go with a nice 6th order BP for SPL man.

Or if you got 2 of em, 8th order it.  I am making this one up now, but build a box with 3 chambers, each ported and tuned about ten Hz away form each other with the middle one at your highest peak.  then throw the drivers in the walls seperateing each chamber. hehe JJ sugegsted it over ina different forum or someone did, but they called it a 7th order.

IP Logged
BaSs_Ik-SkUr-Zhun
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 10/13/05 at 00:55:29

[quote author=josmuck  link=1128437042/0#0 date=1128433442]Hi, if any of my question are kinda stupid sorry i am real new to the box building. Smiley. What i would like to know is if anybody out there has ever used any of the RE Audio subs with the wo box. i will use 2 12in subs. if i read right i will have to make the heighth of the box 14in? to be able to use the 12in subs.
i am looking for the most SPL i can get out of the subs as i will start competing in db drag next year. Any hints or help would be great.

later brian [/quote]

Josmuck

I'm running RE Audio XXX 10's at 65 lbs each in a WO. Its considered an SQL sub.

The MT version of my sub is nearly, identical in build. Except,
for the pole and backplate.

My RE XXX WO, hits so hard at half way up at the headunit.
That I have people in the backseats. Beg'in to get out!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print