Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/04/24 at 23:05:04 

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
What's on the screen? (Read 60097 times)
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

What's on the screen?
03/16/09 at 17:43:54

Right now I'm watching Smallville, Season Six, Blu-Ray.  Smallville is a guilty pleasure my girlfriend and I share.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
musgofasa
Seasoned Member

Where is that
monkey? I want to
shoot something!

Re: What's on the screen?
Reply #1 - 03/16/09 at 21:52:26

LOL
Watched grandma's boy and the green mile yesterday. It was raining so we spent the whole day in front of the Television.

We just started a subscription to Netflix a few monhts ago and have watched a LOT of movies.

Other than that we will spend tonight watching House and tomorrow watching NCIS.

I have watched more TV in the last year than in my entire life I think! lol
That's what I get for buying a plasma tv!

The graveyard is full of important men
musgofasa   IP Logged
DPC
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 03/17/09 at 12:10:24

Presently, midway into the forth season of Lost.  This is the most convoluted story I have ever watched/read.  One of those things that I am only watching because we have so much time invested in it. Embarrassed

dennis

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3 - 03/17/09 at 12:23:27

I know, Seasons Three and Four . . . very mixed feelings about.  Some great TV and some real puzzling stuff.  This latest season: much better.  They're actually explaining things that happened in Seasons One and Two.

I love/hate this show.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Stone Deaf
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 03/20/09 at 14:43:49

I have fallen in love with a new show, Dollhouse starring Eliza Dushku who is also a co-producer. Perhaps i have just fallen in love with Eliza.

I also have a sick affection for several reality shows, Survivor, The Amazing Race, American Idol, Bull Run, Big Brother.

Lost lost me somewhere in season two. Too many flashbacks like the producers didn't think the viewers had any memory skills. My opinion is a show with so much potential done so wrong.

I do like Prison Break, loved The Shield and can't wait for the return of Anarchy.

In the fall nothing takes me far away from SEC football especially Alabama games.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #5 - 03/20/09 at 15:48:44

Hmmm. . . I wanted to like Dollhouse but. .  . it didn't snare me and I watch too much tv anyway.  It was just too. . . I don't know what.

Enjoyed the Office last night. . .Michael Scott quit. . . yeah right.

IP Logged
Hotsauce
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 03/21/09 at 20:29:39

No one watches Battlestar Galactica?

Best show this year.  Usually a redo of any movie or show = FAIL, but this one is a winner.  

John C.  

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #7 - 03/21/09 at 22:57:33

I've been watching them on dvd. . . I'll get the 4.5 season, last one, when it comes out (I have never had cable, ever).

I think it's pretty good, though some aspects of it I think are pretty ridiculous. . . but it was a good show.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #8 - 03/21/09 at 22:58:22

right now watching "Flags of our Fathers."

Clint is one of the best directors we have.  He really tells the story.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #9 - 03/31/09 at 16:28:58

Finished watching "Cloverfield" on Blu-Ray.  I liked this movie in the theaters and on disc.  I have friends who turn their nose up at it, but oh well.

Now, "Madmen" Season One on Blu-Ray. Just about finished watching this the second time around.

IP Logged
Cupajoe
Verified Member

Reply #10 - 03/31/09 at 19:37:04

Anybody watch the History Channel last sunday night? That show about preditor X was awesome!

IP Logged
Stone Deaf
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 03/31/09 at 21:59:00

Yep I like any kind of history show that isn't a rerun of a rerun. I just got Quantum of Solace in the  mail. James Bond on blueray while I wait for my ERR speakers to show up today.

IP Logged
Jet-Lee
Seasoned Member

Reply #12 - 04/01/09 at 13:42:54

CSI Season 9. I'm a CSI Vegas freak.

WWW e3_wizard jetleeamc   IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #13 - 04/22/09 at 14:46:21

Watching Cloverfield on Blu-Ray, listening to the commentary this time through.  I really like this movie.

IP Logged
Stone Deaf
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 04/22/09 at 15:48:42

After watching American Idol (my brain must be turning to mush) I also watched Warrior a show that pits fighters from different eras against each other. Last night it was a Ninja vs a Spartan. The computers surmised the Ninja could hurt the Spartan but the Spartan could kill the Ninja. Finally I watched Ultimate Fighter US vs UK. Tuesday night is my bloodsport night, bleeding ears from American Idol to broken bones of Ultimate Fighter.  

Today I plan to watch Max Payne on blueray.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #15 - 04/22/09 at 16:17:50

Ah Max Payne. . . I saw it in the theater.  I think the women are beautiful. . . that's my kind word about this one.

IP Logged
Stone Deaf
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 04/23/09 at 04:41:21

Some days it doesn't take much to entertain me. Today I watched The Wrassler. The new one with Mickey Rourke and it entertained me. Wrasslin' makes me laugh.

Tomorrow I will be in the kitchen moonshining LOL. I need to make a fresh batch of Limoncello and my Cinnimon Coffee Liquor.  :) Smiley

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #17 - 04/23/09 at 10:57:40

Cool.  Nice to make your own.

Last night I watched the Lost "recap" episode, and The Unusuals.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #18 - 04/24/09 at 03:14:14

Watching Jakob Dylan performing on PBS

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #19 - 04/24/09 at 19:06:44

Hardly historically accurate but fun and the music is good, and sound is GREAT.  I love the sound on Blu-Ray.

IP Logged
Stone Deaf
Ex Member

Reply #20 - 04/25/09 at 16:05:31

I watched Prison Break last night. I haven't missed an episode of Prison Break and this is advertised as the last five episodes, two already gone. I have to see how it ends just like The Sopranos.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #21 - 04/26/09 at 03:08:32

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #22 - 04/28/09 at 20:57:39

The Adventures of Lois and Clark, Season Three

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #23 - 05/11/09 at 21:45:50

Watched

Now watching

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #24 - 06/04/09 at 17:08:28

A damned good concert video.

IP Logged
Stone Deaf
Ex Member

Reply #25 - 06/04/09 at 23:11:08

Watched Taken last night and liked it. It's my kind of action movie.

I have been under the weather with an ear infection for a few days. Yesterday was the first day I could hear in stereo and I took advantage of it.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #26 - 06/04/09 at 23:36:08

Yes, I saw that in the theater, it was pretty darned good.

Glad you can hear stereo again!

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #27 - 06/09/09 at 14:28:08

Watched HBO's "True Blood" on dvd.

Awful in a lot of ways.  Entertaining.  Doubt I'll watch the second season.

IP Logged
Stone Deaf
Ex Member

Reply #28 - 06/11/09 at 05:12:25

Watched Grand Torino tonight. Great show once you figure out the character Clint Eastwood is portraying. At first I thought what a jerk then I got it.

My son wants me to order UFC 100 for his birthday so he can invite a bunch of his friends over, watch on the patio flat screen while they grill hot dogs, brats and burgers and drink beer. I guess I'll say yes.

IP Logged
shuijing
Ex Member

Reply #29 - 06/18/09 at 04:58:39

I know!

IP Logged
Homey
Ex Member

Reply #30 - 06/18/09 at 18:39:14

Lon,  I forgot about Clint's Flags of Our Fathers,  I had meant to
watch that one,  But never got around to it.  I'll try to remember next time I'm renting a movie.

Last night I watched Gran Torino.

Old School Clint is still tough as nails,  But with a little softness
hidden within.

IP Logged
Homey
Ex Member

Reply #31 - 06/18/09 at 18:44:36

Is it just Me or does Beyonce just look really hot with the blonde hair?
I also thought She looked really sexy in the Austin Powers film when
She was sporting a blonde affro.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #32 - 06/18/09 at 19:02:45

H,

Yeah, that was an excellent excellent movie. I thought Clint was really stiffed at the Oscars; he should have gotten a nomination for that film, as actor or director.  Phenomenal job, he may have even done a better directing job than an acting job.

Beyonce. . . I've long been a fan of her looks and her attitude.  I spent a good amount of two years in Houston, her home town.  Saw her once downtown in front of a very fancy restaurant. She looks as marvelous in real life as on big or small screens. A beautiful beautiful woman.  Very talented too.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #33 - 06/18/09 at 19:04:10

This week I watched

Weeds, Season 4

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #34 - 06/19/09 at 15:22:33

Waited a long time for this to hit Blu-Ray.  Worth the wait. Great picture and sound.

IP Logged
DPC
Ex Member

Reply #35 - 06/19/09 at 19:10:02

But, does Blu-Ray do anything to help the story? Tongue

I'm hooked and still waiting for the last season to be released on DVD.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #36 - 06/19/09 at 21:22:34

Long wait. . . December I think.

I know what you mean.  I think I love Seasons 1 and 2 best.  This is like the fourth time I'm seeing Season 1 (once on tv, twice on dvd, now on Blu-Ray) and I'm still seeing new things in it, things echoed in later episodes, etc.).

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #37 - 06/19/09 at 21:23:40

Oh and holy cow, the low end on the sound is killer on the Torii Mark ii!  KILLER!

IP Logged
Stone Deaf
Ex Member

Reply #38 - 06/20/09 at 21:53:57

We watched Grand Torino a few nights ago and I loved it. Took me a few minutes to figure Clint's character out but once that snapped everything fell in place. The new Fast and Furious comes out on DVD in July. With just about nothing on TV worth watching now we are going through the movie collection. I have The Relic and The Ghost And The Darkness pulled out for tonight.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #39 - 06/21/09 at 21:41:38

Man, this never looked so good!

IP Logged
Stone Deaf
Ex Member

Reply #40 - 06/21/09 at 22:05:11

Did it look this good Lon? Steaks from my Big Green Egg for Father's Day meal.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #41 - 06/21/09 at 22:11:07

Yes, not sure why the picture isn't showing up right now, it's Star Trek Season 1 on Blu-Ray.  Looks fantastic!

I'm not much of a steak man or a grill man, but hope you had a great father's day!

IP Logged
Stone Deaf
Ex Member

Reply #42 - 06/22/09 at 01:23:19

Lon, BBQ and Football are religions in the deep south. Smiley

Back to movies, do you ever have a B movie night like we do. Some of them are just too funny to never watch again. We watch and make up new script for the actors and laugh till we hurt.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #43 - 06/22/09 at 01:38:27

I don't have a fixed night for "B" movies but I watch silly movies now and then, sure, not so good ones but fun and easy to watch.

I live in the South (Texas likes to think of itself as the West but it's the South) and I can handle barbeque but it's not my favorite. And I hate football.  I don't watch any sports.  I spent my adolescence in Africa and played cricket, tennis and SOCCER. When I came back here football seemed the stupidest game ever.  And I still think so.  More time for listening and watching movies, riding the motorcycle, etc.

IP Logged
Stone Deaf
Ex Member

Reply #44 - 06/22/09 at 03:32:40

BBQs are so much fun. Raw meat, alcohol and a blazing fire. What could possibly go wrong? Smiley

IP Logged
Dirty_Dawg
Ex Member

Reply #45 - 06/22/09 at 05:15:17

St. Louis was once considered the Gateway to the West or some such, right? Earlier than that, the Ohio River Basin was the far west and even earlier, Pennsylvania was the far west.
Smiley

I might differ in opinion as a native Texan, just to be contrary and all, but growing up near the mouth of the Rio Grande River certainly gave me a sense of the south, although mostly geographical, instead of political.
Oddly, where I spent my early teen years, near El Paso, was fairly close to the west, again, geographically.

I just watched "The Fifth Element."  A truly easy to watch, funny/goofy movie and while the picture is improved somewhat on blu-ray, it is the sound of this movie that is noticeably improved over standard DVD.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #46 - 06/22/09 at 11:02:21

What could possibly go wrong Richard? Smiley  I could think of a few things.

Not much for alcohol either, which is maybe why I avoid the temptaion of barbequing.

Dawg,

It feels like the South far more to me in most of Texas. West Texas does feel more like the West, I grant you. Central, North and South seem the South to me.  I'm getting used to it.  I'd rather live on the Mediterranean I think, but can't afford that.  ;)

IP Logged
Stone Deaf
Ex Member

Reply #47 - 06/23/09 at 17:17:39

I know what you mean Lon. We make a trip or two to the continent each year and we own a home on Martinique Island. East Texas is the south, West Texas is the pits I mean the west. Smiley

For later today I have pulled out Gettysburg to watch.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #48 - 06/23/09 at 19:47:12

I haven't been to Europe since I was a teenager, but I'll never forget Paris. . . and I think I'd love to live in Greece, in Athens or one of the islands. Just fell in love with the people and place and antiquity.

I do hope to go back in the fairly near future, my girlfriend would love to go.

Today I watched more of Lost, Season One on Blu-Ray.

IP Logged
Stone Deaf
Ex Member

Reply #49 - 06/23/09 at 22:45:59

We did one of those Eastern Med cruises three years ago 23 days worth of Italy, Greek isles, Istanbul, Alexandria and Lisbon. What I liked is we were in port more than for the day so I actually got to see some things, stretch my legs, eat the food, shop and check out the people. We loved Greece and Istanbul best. If I close my eyes I can still smell those places.

IP Logged
Dirty_Dawg
Ex Member

Reply #50 - 06/24/09 at 06:00:19

I'm with Stone Deaf, in that some island in the south of somewhere would be even better, especially if there was no one around to know that sometimes I have a brandy for breakfast ( or go fishing instead of breakfast or whatever?) and could do so in my underwear.

I have "Foyle's War"  cue'ed-up for after my Allman Brother's binge is ready for purging.

IP Logged
Stone Deaf
Ex Member

Reply #51 - 06/24/09 at 22:34:42

Dawg, Martinique makes some of the best rum in the world. Life is a lot slower in the islands probably because of the rum. Wink

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #52 - 06/27/09 at 19:04:22

Lost Season One, Blu-Ray, bonsu featurs on disc 7 (which is not hidef filmed or transferred).

IP Logged
Stone Deaf
Ex Member

Reply #53 - 07/02/09 at 03:20:04

I wasted a couple of hours of my life last night watching 12 Rounds.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #54 - 07/03/09 at 22:34:42

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #55 - 09/18/09 at 16:27:10

One of my very favorite music DVDs.

I'd buy this on Blu-Ray in a heartbeat!

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #56 - 09/30/09 at 20:45:44

Kindof lightweight, but I love brunettes and there are three beautiful ones this season. Cheesy

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #57 - 10/03/09 at 19:19:44

IP Logged
THE dawg
Ex Member

Reply #58 - 10/05/09 at 23:02:32

I am glad to see this thread revive.

My wife has accused me of being Monk on many occasions.  I am not a clean freak, by any stretch of imagination, but I am all about order.

I bought her the entire collection, last week. It has been on constantly, since I popped it open for her.

I just see that the producer types are mostly making fun of a man with amazing gifts and taking no responsibility for how incredibly unique he would actually be, if he were real, if he was a person.
LoL!!

Nah, I'm NOT Monk, I just like things orderly.

She is enjoying this series, but I am somewhat offended by its existence.  I hurt to watch him suffer so much with things I have conquered over time.

Tony Shaloub is an incredible, believable actor on many levels.

IP Logged
MikeZ@turningpointaudio
Verified Member

Reply #59 - 10/07/09 at 15:08:49

I have to say I am glad someone watches Fringe. My girlfriend and I do not watch as much TV as we would like. We love our DVR. But Fringe and Lie to Me have become constantly watched programming.

WWW   IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #60 - 10/07/09 at 15:28:34

yes, I really enjoy Fringe.  Walter and his Vincent Price persona really tickle me!  This season is pretty good.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #61 - 10/08/09 at 23:06:32

Watched this today. LOADS OF FUN!  And wow, what a beautiful leading lady!

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #62 - 10/18/09 at 17:29:20

Fun stuff

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #63 - 12/04/09 at 23:28:43

What a BEAUTIFUL woman.  Hardest working woman in show biz I bet.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #64 - 12/07/09 at 13:42:47

IP Logged
DirtDawg
Ex Member

Reply #65 - 12/07/09 at 22:46:04

HAH!

I kind of enjoyed that one a bit, too, from the three or four episodes I caught on the air. My wife did also, so I bought  the series for her.

It's a bit too much for the kids, though.  We just keep it for ourselves.

Now, Diana Krall - Live At The Montreal Jazz Festival.

My son goes nuts for blonds, anyway, and he is astounded to see a woman actually playing piano. The only women he has ever seen hack their way onto a keyboard have been his music teachers in public school. He has been very critical of them. Tolerance is not his best event, at age ten!
Life is GOOD, though!  He is enjoying this disc.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #66 - 12/07/09 at 23:57:31

Cool.That one didn't do that much for me, I gave it away. Smiley

Right now,

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #67 - 02/13/10 at 01:25:58

Wow. The audio on this "Live in London" Blu Ray---and the performance--- is KILLIN'!

Plus, the Blu-Ray was cheaper than the cd version.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #68 - 02/14/10 at 18:53:46

The first set on this concert DVD is just so beautiful.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #69 - 02/18/10 at 18:20:02

Lamentations, again. The first set is really something.

IP Logged
Matchstikman
Seasoned Member

Reply #70 - 02/22/10 at 01:24:22

I love this movie:

I related to the Peter Sellers character at some level.

IP Logged
Matchstikman
Seasoned Member

Reply #71 - 02/22/10 at 01:25:27

Strange enough, I related to the Jack character on this one, too.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #72 - 02/22/10 at 01:45:21

Peter Sellers was such an amazing actor.

Today, this excellent series

IP Logged
DirtDawg
Ex Member

Reply #73 - 02/22/10 at 21:06:07

Electric Miles.

Isle Of Wight, right now.

I got lucky at my favorite store (Half Priced Books)  a few days ago, when I found seven DVDs of Miles' concerts. I did not even BLINK!! (nor did I look at the prices - I only inspected the backsides. Not really sure what that says about me, but there it is.)

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #74 - 02/22/10 at 21:40:55

Says you like Miles and know what's what!

I'm watching the first two hours of "Unwrapping King Tut" on the Discovery channel, dvr'd from last night.  Second half is on tonight.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print