Audio is a game of hearing your gear sound only as good as the weakest link in the chain! This box is guaranteed
to not be the weak link in your audio chain, even with
interconnects costing thousands of dollars. The reason for this is
simple. High mass steel chassis, pure silver /Teflon wire, silver switch contacts and hand soldered point to point with silver solder.
4 INPUT ROTARY SOURCE SELECTOR WITH DUAL OUTPUTS
The Zen Switch-Box features 4 inputs and 2 outputs using silver contact switching combined with silver wire to give even the most picky audiophile a source selector that won't degrade his investment in hi-end interconnects. Features a heavy gauge steel chassis with a black powder coat typewriter finish and removable bottom plate.
Zen Switch Box OPTIONS
In the shopping cart you may configure your switch box with the following options.
Volume Control: Allows you to use the ZSB
as a passive preamp as well as a source selector. The difference
between the Volume Control and the Stepped Attenuator is A) the volume
control is continuously variable and is what comes standard in most
audio gear. B) The attenuator is a 20 position switch with precision
resistors giving you 20 levels of volume, perfect channel balance and
increased resolution at lower settings.
Added Switches: Although rare, some people like to have a
stereo / mono switch that allows whatever the switch box is sending to
be changed from stereo to mono at the flip of a switch. The output A/B
switch takes the signal and sends it to either pair of output jacks vs.
both pairs at the same time. One application for this would be having 4
tonearms going to your choice of 2 different phono stages feeding a
preamp or amplifier configured for two sources.
RCA Jacks: The switch box comes standard with high
quality gold RCA jacks as shown in the pictures on this page. If the
rest of your gear has expensive RCA jacks you may want your switch box
to have equal quality jacks so we offer two possibilities. A) machined
Gold Jacks and B) even fancier machined Silver Jacks.
Capacitors: This is not compatible with Tonearm use.
Also a rare option but is sometimes selected when using a direct coupled
DAC feeding a solid state amplifier to alleviate some of the dryness
associated with that combination.
Application: Line level simply means sources like CD
players, DACs, tape machines, output from a phono stage, TV's,
Computers, Ipods, DVD players and so on. Low level is for tonearms only
and should not be mixed with line level devices due to the extreme
difference in output levels between the two.
- Input source selector for 4 line level sources (LP in the pic above represents a phono stage).
- Tonearm selector for up to 4 tonearms.
- Use as a Passive pre-amp w/ optional volume control.
- Add an optional stereo/mono switch.
- Run it backwards so that one preamp can be sent to any
one of four amplifiers.
- Run a pair back to back so that four sources can be sent
to any one of four pre-amplifiers.
- Use one of the dual outputs as a tape output.
- Use as an A/B switch for comparing cables on the fly.
- By connecting the outputs together you can use the remaining two pair of outputs to send signal to two places with a total of 7 sources.
- Add volume controls to any of the above combos and run amplifiers that don't have gain (volume) controls directly without a preamplifier.
- Add capacitor coupling to block DC current or flip absolute phase on one or all channels.
This switch box
DECWARE / High Fidelity Engineering Co. It comes with a lifetime
warranty to the original owner. If you purchase one second hand and
ever have questions or technical problems we WILL be happy to check it
out for you and service it if needed for a very reasonable rate.
have a support forum
many people who own our products who's experiences you may benefit
our gear going back 15 years.
HISTORY OF REVISIONS
None. The ZSB is new in April 2013
|| 4 lbs.
|| 2.5" H x 6"
W x 10.5" D
|Gold or Silver/Teflon
We offer this unit with a
30 day money
so you can
in your own room!