The model ZCD240 plays CD's,
Memory Sticks, Internet Streams and files from your computer over a
network. Comes with Remote Control or you can download apps for your smartphone that can be used to access your music library and control the ZCD240 from your phone.
Direct File Playback using DLNA
In addition to CDs, the ZCD-240 supports direct
playback of digital audio files over a network. The player accesses
files saved on a computer or a NAS drive device on the same LAN. High
resolution audio files can be played, including 2.8MHz/5.6MHz DSD or
192kHz/24-bit WAV/FLAC formats. In addition, the ZCD-240 plays
compressed audio formats including MP3, AAC, FLAC, Apple Lossless, and
Ogg Vorbis formats.
The ZCD-240 supports DLNA for simple setup to media servers on a local network.
* DLNA 1.5 remote playback is supported.
* A NAS device must support DSD files in order to play them back. For details, refer to the operation manual of that NAS device.
Internet Radio Support
Internet radio allows terrestrial radio
broadcasts (AM/FM) to be accessed over the Internet. In locations where
radio reception is difficult, the ZCD-240 allows you to reliably play
stations from anywhere in the world. Using an Internet browser on the
network, you can register your favorite stations to the ZCD-240 for easy
USB Support for Flash Drives – On the Front and Back Panel
USB flash drives filled with
media can be played on the ZCD-240. There is a jack on the front of the
unit for easy access, and a second on the back of the unit for better
security when mounted in a rack. Even high resolution audio in
2.8MHz/5.6MHz DSD 192kHz/24-bit WAV/FLAC formats can be played from USB
flash drive media.
* The USB port on the back supports the playback of files with resolutions up to 2.8MHz DSD and 96kHz/24-bit WAV/FLAC.
Support for iPhone, iPod and iPad
front panel USB port allows digital connection of an iPod or iPhone
using a USB cable. Play back music in your library at high quality
without audio degradation. The USB jack even recharges your device.
* The USB port on the back of the unit cannot be used to connect an iPod or iPhone.
High-quality TEAC-made CD Drive Designed for Audio
ZCD-240 uses the same high-quality TEAC-made CD drive designed for
audio as other models in the CD-200 series. Developed by TEAC, the CD
drive is optimized for audio playback and professional reliability –
unlike competing players using computer drives.
CD Player Supports Various Audio Formats
In addition to audio CDs (CD-DA), the ZCD-240 can play data CDs with WAV or MP3 files, even when arranged in folders.
Control the CD-240 from a iPhone or Android app (TEAC AVR Remote)
In addition to controlling the ZCD-240 with the beautiful full function remote that is included with the player, there is a
FREE AVR Remore app enables operation of the ZCD-240 from iOS devices
like the iPhone and iPod touch, as well as Android devices. AVR Remote
can be downloaded for free from the App Store or Google Play. Control
the ZCD-240 by Wi-Fi from an iOS or Android device on a LAN, including
track selection and playback, from anywhere in the facility.
* The device with the remote control app must be connected wirelessly to the same LAN as this unit in order for it to be used.
Decware Designed Output stage
how you get the Decware Sound from a reliable and affordable platform.
2001 we have been offering a CD player with a tube output stage, in fact
there has been many. This is the first year we are stepping up
our game with the only thing that can sound better, a wide bandwidth
transformer design with adjustable output voltage.
Shown with included full function remote control and free remote app for your smart phone
Sound Quality and Adjustability
All of the above features are pretty meaningless if the unit doesn't sound exceptional!
imaging and slam is undeniably obvious. Yes, the staging and imaging
and detail is as you would expect from a hi-end DAC, but what the
ZCD-240 has that most by comparison lack, is BALLS. This has always been
the case, even when the output stage was tube, the Zen CD Players have
always featured a fully adjustable output that can be turned to many
times the industry standard 2 volts. When combined with a
preamplifier or amplifier with an adjustable input level, you can adjust
the ZCD-240 by ear to achieve the density and drive that sounds best. If your amp doesn't have an input level control, or you don't have a preamp, you can still use the ZCD-240 in a pinch by adjusting the volume via the rear output level control.
Rear View shows XLR outputs and Decware's transformer coupled silver RCA outputs.
On the rear and somewhat centered toward the top are silver RCA jacks
with an output level control that are directly fed from our 95 kHZ wide
bandwidth audio transformers. We found this to have many advantages over
a tube output stage, the least of which is consistency. The stock RCA
jacks were left in tact so that they can be used simultaneously, but
more likey we expect they will be used to see what the real difference
in sound is between the stock output stage and the Decware Output Stage.
A fun experiment to be sure and try!
In addition to the Decware Output Stage, the stock power cord is also
replaced with a fully shielded and grounded cord to ensure the lowest
noise and cleanest performance.
Remote App lets you access your entire music library, and see the album art as each song plays.
Features at a Glance
- Direct playback using DLNA – Play files from a computer or NAS device on the same LAN
- Internet radio playback
- Audio files on USB flash drives can be played back
- Made for iPod/iPhone certified for playback from the front-panel USB jack
- High-quality TEAC-made CD drive designed for audio
- CD player supports numerous audio formats
- Ten-second shockproof memory helps prevent skipping caused by vibrations
- TEAC AVR Remote app (free download) allows remote control of the unit using an iPhone or Android device
- Large knob with push button makes scrolling through tracks quick and easy
- Register your favorite Internet radio stations using an Internet browser on the same network
- Playback 2.8MHz/5.6MHz DSD files (over LAN or using a USB flash drive)
- Playback 192kHz/24-bit WAV/FLAC files (over LAN or using a USB flash drive)
- Dim function for display in low-light environments
- 2 USB ports (A-type)
- 100BASE-T Ethernet connection
- COAXIAL RCA (S/PDIF) digital output
- OPTICAL TOS (S/PDIF) digital output
- XLR/RCA analog output
- Headphones output
- Automatic power saving function
- EIA 2U rack mount size Compliant with RoHS
Specifications for this
player's operation are unchanged from the original Tascam model.
The only exception is the additional output stage and it's adjustable
voltage level from 0 to 7.75 volts.
You can see the specifications for the original Tascam machine here.
modified in the USA by
DECWARE / High Fidelity Engineering C0. It comes with a one year
warranty to the original owner.
have a support forum
many people who's experiences you may benefit
products going back to