Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/20/24 at 16:51:12 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hi fellow forum peoples (Read 1209 times)
HellionDarklord
Seasoned Member

Crazy box designer.

Hi fellow forum peoples
06/05/23 at 03:03:59

Is it difficult to build your own drivers?  Should I just stay with my SKAR VD-8 D4 drivers? I am starting over with my design. This is a picture of the T/S of the SKAR Vd-8 D4 four ohm driver made for cars. I have currently set up the Skar VD-8 free air and it sounds extremely good with my guitar in free air. (My roommates keep telling me to turn it down.) Is continuing to run the VD-8 free air going to do bad things to my drivers? I'm running 100watts through it from my guitar tube amp. Here is the picture

Dunno what amp to buy
  IP Logged
HellionDarklord
Seasoned Member

Crazy box designer.

Re: Hi fellow forum peoples
Reply #1 - 06/05/23 at 23:35:13

This is the new sub based on the Wicked One series here is 18.4 foot overlapping horn. It's measured from one throat to the mouth is 9.2ft.

This is designed or three drivers, Two SKAR VD-8, and a replacement speaker made by Bose for the Acoustimass 10 It handles 110 WaTTS But i don;t have the T/S parameters for it.

I'm playing guitar through the drivers free-air and they make for a beautiful guitar sound.

/T2GZ1RJ] [/url]

Dunno what amp to buy
  IP Logged
HellionDarklord
Seasoned Member

Crazy box designer.

Reply #2 - 06/05/23 at 23:38:28

A better picture of the 3Dmodel for you...I think it is easier to look at. The red circles are where the drivers go.

upload image online

Dunno what amp to buy
  IP Logged
HellionDarklord
Seasoned Member

Crazy box designer.

Reply #3 - 06/05/23 at 23:45:28

The other 'Thunder' I call 'Infra-Bass Thunder' might be capable of Infra-Bdass. I saw the patent years ago for the Graham Holliman Velocity-Coupled Infra-bass speaker and have finally figured out how to stuff a Infra-Bass speaker into a WO32 (Wicked One 32) (Use a smaller driver for one thing, the VD-8 is an eight inch sub.) Now that I kook at the pictures I see that it is old

Then remove the 'velocity enhancement' so that the sound wave isn't compressed and decompressed with a traffic jam of air as it compresses and decompresses. THis might be okay with a ten ingh
driver from 1977 with an Xmax of 1/4 inch or something, but the modern SKAR VD-8  is capable of infra-bass without velocity enhancement and instead of short compound tapered waveguides I have a full-on horn. Said horn is longer than the WO32, but I forgot the real length unless this from my note pad is it.... it Might be 7.784166666666667 ft for the Infra-Bass Thunder. Here is the PDF of the Graham Holliman Velocity-coupled Infra-bass Speaker from 1978.

PDF IMAGE
https://patentimages.storage.googleapis.com/7d/43/05/8700aabd258b78/GB2037534A.p...

Dunno what amp to buy
  IP Logged
HellionDarklord
Seasoned Member

Crazy box designer.

Reply #4 - 06/06/23 at 00:52:00

By The Way, I THINK that the Infra-Bass THUnder is a seventh order. Is this correct? I can't find seventh order boxes anywhere online that have a horn.

Dunno what amp to buy
  IP Logged
Minhee
Verified Member

Reply #5 - 06/23/23 at 07:57:40

The best test! How about the result? Can you share some tips?

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print