Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/19/24 at 09:23:34 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I don't know what to do! (Read 1057 times)
HellionDarklord
Seasoned Member

Crazy box designer.

I don't know what to do!
05/02/23 at 02:15:11

So, here I am with four Skar VD-8 8" drivers, two 6x9 inch drivers and no way to procure or cut wood (I was just informed that I can't have a saw here in my Adult Family Home.)  i need a couple of prototype horns made so I can show Car toys my Hellion Thunder and my Darklord Thunder so I can trade designs for a Cadillac CTS-V... THey're based off the WO32 and the patented  Graham Holliman Velocity Coupled INfra-bass.

The PDF is here... Status = Expired patent

https://patents.google.com/patent/GB2037534A/en

I htink it is old enough to use for people to use freely, but I don't know how to check.

EDIT:: I found where the labels are and the last entry is Status
Expired.  

here's the deal, I build a couple of horns and trade them to Car Toys. Cartoys buys a 2010 Cadillac CTS-V. Only that I can't build them myself and I need to be three while it isbeing built so I can answer questions. If you read the patent you will understand what I am doing, and will know where the drivers go? I might have to spend a lot of time explaining...

I can;t receive pay because I live on SOcial Security Disability Income because I have severe issues with memory somtimes. but the Govt. can't say anything about trading things.

I had some money set aside and bought some Skar VD-8  now I'm stuck with drivers and no way to cut wood. I'm so proud of the speakers that God helped me build... so depressed that I can't build it

Here is the Skar VD-8. I thing it's a blessing and not a curse. I love my GOd of Israel You might not understand it but I feel rich with God as my friend... King of the Universe... I LOVE YOU GOD!!! I sat here and worked out these songs.

Here is the music God helped me write. I wanted to be like King David in the bible playing the harp for King Saul to calm Saul down. I was given music using music that I had already written, but on the bass guitar it's totally different I've found that Jesus Wasn't real... got himself killed..

Dunno what amp to buy
  IP Logged
HellionDarklord
Seasoned Member

Crazy box designer.

Re: I don't know what to do!
Reply #1 - 05/02/23 at 03:27:16

I don't know what to do about this either... Hornresp won't work. anybody know why? I downloaded MS Sans Serif and installed it and it still doesn't work.

Dunno what amp to buy
  IP Logged
jameshall
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 05/05/23 at 11:31:05

I know some places where they will cut wood for us and the place I often come to is Home Depot. You can come here to solve your problem. rooftop snipers

IP Logged
HellionDarklord
Seasoned Member

Crazy box designer.

Reply #3 - 05/12/23 at 03:29:25

I realized that the wood I had in the 3D model was only like 1/3 of what the actual wood would be. I redesigned the WHOLE thing this time with accurately modeled wood. I'm not done yet though seems like every time I turn around there is somehting missing or a little bit wrong. I finally learned how to measure things in my 3D program called "blender" (blender.org) and found out that my sub is only 29 inches by 27 inches and has 13 feet of horn crammed in there... I THINK I'm doing it right... 6.4 feet from one throat to the center of the mouth and then the throat on the other side from the throat to where the neck overlaps... I forgot the exact measurements but it endeed up being something like 12.8ft long!!! (adding the overlapping neck and mouth anc measuring the whole thing together with the overlapp.) So, the 3D model and the picture are broken and I need to spend a ton of time making an almost perfect truncated horn, but it needs to be perfected.

What I'm really here for is to see if anyone might have an bass guitar amplifire for 2 speakers and help me figure out the RMS and Watts for a Bose Acoustimass 6 inch driver . How do you go about finding the max wattage for the acoustimass?

Checkout my 3d model;; https://skfb.ly/oGZPN

Dunno what amp to buy
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print