Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
DarkLord Thunder (Read 1496 times)
HellionDarklord
Seasoned Member

Crazy box designer.

DarkLord Thunder
04/30/23 at 03:37:20

I just spent $300.00 on drivers only to find out the Adult Family Home I live in won't let me have any saws. Apparently people have tried to hurt people before? I don't see how to get what I need to have. I need some help. I need to be able to cut wood singe I can't seem to be able to draw what I need cut out.

url=https://ibb.co/d779Xhr] [/url]
webphoto

Dunno what amp to buy
  IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Re: DarkLord Thunder
Reply #1 - 04/30/23 at 06:46:26

All that you can now is to ask around. I am betting that someone would be able to do it for you. We all have done things like that for others. It is just a matter of finding someone.

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
Dana
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 04/30/23 at 07:55:18

Depending the part of the country you live in there are community workspaces with all the tools.  Here it ran about $40 a month to join and they had certain nights that if you showed up with wood they would help you cut it for free

Tom Waits:
And the newspapers were fooling,
And the ash-trays have retired
'Cause the piano has been drinking,
The piano has been drinking
The piano has been drinking,
Not me, not me, not me, not me, not me
  IP Logged
HellionDarklord
Seasoned Member

Crazy box designer.

Reply #3 - 04/30/23 at 20:16:05

I live in Spanaway Washington. How do I find what you are talking about? Community wor space?

Dunno what amp to buy
  IP Logged
Dana
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 04/30/23 at 20:51:29

try a google search of
Makerspace woodworking locations

There's a Makespace in Lacey.  I saw there was a FabLab in Tacoma but don't know what they offer

Tom Waits:
And the newspapers were fooling,
And the ash-trays have retired
'Cause the piano has been drinking,
The piano has been drinking
The piano has been drinking,
Not me, not me, not me, not me, not me
  IP Logged
HellionDarklord
Seasoned Member

Crazy box designer.

Reply #5 - 05/03/23 at 00:41:58

I probably won't be able to get my caregiver to give me a ride to Lacy and FABlab looks like it's for children.

Dunno what amp to buy
  IP Logged
Mannytheseacow
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 05/03/23 at 13:39:42

Maybe you could use a different material than plywood?  What about trying something like cardboard and then several layers of epoxy to strengthen or cut several thin sheets and laminate them together after the pieces are cut, followed by some sort of top coat for further strengthening?

IP Logged
cmdc

Reply #7 - 05/04/23 at 02:02:07

I looked at the various maker spaces in and around Tacoma (of which there are several), and agree that FabLabs seems like the best option. They clearly have the necessary fabrication equipment and also offer adult education courses. Of those classes, the one that seems most useful here would be this one— https://www.fablabeducation.org/events/project-management-for-artists-working-wi....  —which might help you connect with a local fabricator to help you realize your vision. Perhaps as a next step, you could see if you can get approval from FabLabs and from your adult living facility to take the class. Then folks on the forum might lend support as you progress in the project.

Main:[[TD124 [Koetsu RWS>SME 3009S2Imp][Aidas Durawood>Moerch DP6]][TD124 [Ortofon A90>Kuzma 4Pt9]]>Ned Clayton Cinemag SUT>Dodd Audio Phono Stage>ZRock2][SonicTransporter i7>Mytek Brooklyn Bridge]>ZSB>ZMA>[Zu Druid Mk V][Caintuck Lii 15 OBs/Bass Baffle]
  IP Logged
elenanieves
Verified Member

Reply #8 - 05/15/23 at 11:05:21

cool Smiley

IP Logged
HellionDarklord
Seasoned Member

Crazy box designer.

Reply #9 - 08/16/23 at 00:06:19

My social worker told me that I need to reduce the size of the box so I bought smaller drivers so I could get the box smaller for 6 inch Bose Acoustimass... Then they got mad at me for spending money.  If you can, please help me go where no bass has gone before... Based off the Graham Holliman Velocity Coupled Infra-Bass Loudspeaker, the Patent  for the Graham Hoolliman PDF is here::

https://patentimages.storage.googleapis.com/7d/43/05/8700aabd258b78/GB2037534A.p...
df

MY 3Dmodel design is here:: https://skfb.ly/oJypB

I can't build it for myself because they don't want me to spend any more money at all and I can't buy wood or jigsaw. People are asking $500.oo per  enclosure if they make it for me.

Dunno what amp to buy
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print