Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/19/24 at 05:40:55 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
BEWARE: jamescross and tomtomlison are SCAMMERS (Read 2121 times)
Erich
Verified Member

BEWARE: jamescross and tomtomlison are SCAMMERS
03/08/23 at 19:41:14

I have a WTB ad for a CSP3 both users said, "eMail this guy... he has one."

James' guy emails me pictures AND uses the same language in from a 4 year old Audio Mart ad.  I message JamesCross - ghost.

tomtomlison  - sends me a gmail guy that has one... Google up that email and it's scams all over forums trying to sell car and boat parts, whatever.

I'm used to this from my aviation dealings, because those electronics tend to be higher dollar and target rich.

jamescross and tomtomlison... call me out if I'm the liar.

IP Logged
Carlsbad
Seasoned Member

Re: BEWARE: jamescross and tomtomlison are SCAMMERS
Reply #1 - 03/09/23 at 16:24:28

Don't know these guys but I've experienced the same thing on this site.

WTB ads are always an invitation for scammers.  A clever user can recognize the difference.  Always make sure you are safe.

In one case a guy emailed me photos of the amp and I used google image search to find the photo on posting on another site from a couple of years back.  I played it cool and pretended I wanted to buy and eventually tracked the payment account they gave me to a lady in Kenya with red hair (found her facebook page).

Be safe out there.

Jerry

Decware SE84UFO w/20th mods
Grimm MU1 Streamer
Lampizator Golden Gate 3 DAC
Tekton Encore Speakers
  IP Logged
MikeinMontana
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 03/09/23 at 17:02:22

Good job Carlsbad and Erich. Smiley We know a bit about 'crime' and it's ~rampant~.....all aspects more now then ever. Maybe completely opening our borders with free taxi's, room and board and wads of $ is helping the situation! So many stool samples..so little time.

IP Logged
litefootdan
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 03/09/23 at 17:28:36

Wow!
Thanks Erich. I put a WTB add on the forum about a month ago and they BOTH just responded to it about two days apart. Saying the same thing, email so and so because they have what you’re looking for. Well now I know!  Thanks so much for the worming.

Ortofon 2M Bronze | Merrillized AR "The Turntable" | ZP 2 | SE84UFO25 | HDT | Jensen Alnico 15's on the low "OB"
  IP Logged
CAJames
Seasoned Member

"I've run every
red light on memory
lane."

Reply #4 - 03/09/23 at 18:14:56

Thanks for posting. At one point we had a moderator who would delete accts. like this, but Donnie has been MIA for months.

[FOOBAR2000 | Jay's CDT2 MRK3] -> Denafrips Terminator 2 + Gaia
Sumiko Pearwood -> Mapleknoll Athena -> Luxman SUT -> Maple-tree Phono 3E
Woo WA22 -> 2x UFO25s, balanced monos
Omega SAM , Hifiman Arya, Senn HD-650
  IP Logged
Sean
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 03/09/23 at 18:56:30

Turns out I got a message from jamescross as well.

Technics 1210G, AT OC9III, Cinemag 1254 SUT, ZP3, CSP2+, SE84UFO, Tekton Pendragon

Schiit Bifrost, Mac Mini, Roon
  IP Logged
mk60

Reply #6 - 03/22/23 at 17:05:07

tomtomlison tried to scam me as well. Sent PM in response to my want ad for UFO25:

"hello are you still interested in getting this?.
you can contact christopher he has a SE84UFO25 for sale........... PM him @ christopherweis283@gmail.com"

Adding this so there's another googlable data point for anyone who searches for "christopherweis283@gmail.com". He has photos of an amp but will not respond to specific questions about it and will try and push for payment.

Main System: Lumin U2 Mini->Denafrips Pontus II->ZTPRE->[2x SE84UFO25 in Differential Balanced Mono]->Klipsch La Scala AL5 + 2x REL 212/SX
Office System: Naim Uniti Atom->SE34I.5->Zu Dirty Weekend 6 Supreme
  IP Logged
Erich
Verified Member

Reply #7 - 03/22/23 at 21:11:40

Yeah - that's the same email he sent to me. Chris probably has all the stuff when you pay... SMH.

Sender: tomtomlison
To: Erich
Subject: CSP3
Date: 03/07/23 at 12:17:16
hello are you still interested in getting this?.
you can contact christopher he has a CSP3  for sale........... PM him @ christopherweis283@gmail.com

IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #8 - 03/23/23 at 01:36:25

You all might be unaware of this but the owner of a reputable vacuum tube dealer in Orlando Florida is a gentleman by the name of James Cross. So when I received an email from a james Cross about my want to buy ad for some ‘Lil Audio fast 15’s he told me to email somebody. The person I emailed said they’re no longer available so I don’t understand what happened.

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print