Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 11:48:10 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
HIFI CAVE VIDEO on YouTube featured Decware Pills (Read 1867 times)
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

HIFI CAVE VIDEO on YouTube featured Decware Pills
03/07/23 at 17:37:36

Loic of HIFI CAVE on YouTube did a video on ways to make digital sound more like vinyl which included the Decware Pills.  I updated the page and added his video to the bottom.

Here is a link directly to the video: https://youtu.be/X-CE6kRzYiU

And here is a link to the new page: https://www.decwareproducts.com/pills

There was a rush on the pills, so now we are out of stock.  We hope to have another hundred pair sometime in the next 90 days.

-Steve

WWW   IP Logged
johnnycopy
Seasoned Member

Re: HIFI CAVE VIDEO on YouTube featured Decware Pills
Reply #1 - 03/07/23 at 18:32:46

Very interesting Steve.  A question for you.

Do you use a silver pill on your systems when running your holo DAC and Sarah or other top amps/pre's, or do you find that in systems of that capability the pills become a tradeoff of transparency loss vs some digital cleanup. I ask cause I am also running a HOLO. I stream alot (new Bluesound Node with Teddy pardo power supply) but also play my own music from hard drive into Node.

Thanks Steve,
John

IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 03/07/23 at 20:05:35

I was listening to this while driving to work and was wondering what the heck is a Decware Pill and why wasn’t it on my radar prior to Loic’s video? Happy to note that he has a substantial reach that it resulted in pills going out of stock!

For my own personal aha! moment— Would love a YT demo video from Decware to showcase the difference with and without pills!

I also had a similar question to John but then thought that Loic runs pretty high end gear too and he apparently realized enough of a difference to talk about it, so there must be something to it—even with high resolving rigs.

Innuos Pulse-Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE R2R-Ic0n4 Autoformer Passive Pre-Sarah 300B SET Amp-ZBIT-Project Carbon Debut TT-Schiit Mani Phono-GIK Room Treatment-Caintuck Audio Magnum Baffles—Li Audio Fast 15 Drivers-P.I. Audio MajikBuss & Puritan PSM 156 Conditioners
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #3 - 03/13/23 at 04:38:07

With regard to highly resolving rigs where you wouldn't think it would be beneficial, I think it is the more relaxed timing that comes from using a pair that's compelling.

For anyone who is new to Pills -- How they work is talked about with illustrations in the owner's manual on the web page.

WWW   IP Logged
Ghostship
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 03/13/23 at 16:14:19

I see the recommendation is to use the Pills between the source/DAC and the preamp. Unfortunately, I prefer running balanced XLR out of my DAC into the tube preamp. Can the Pills be used with benefit between the preamp and tube amp (Sarah 300B)?

Paul Pang Quad Network Switch & Fiber
MSB Premier DAC
Zen Sarah SEWE300B
Cryotone Bundle
Tekton 2-12 Perfect SET Speakers w/ BE Tweeters and Cap & Wiring upgrades
Tekton 2-10 Sub
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #5 - 03/14/23 at 03:13:06

Yes, the pills can be used on the output of a tube preamp.

WWW   IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #6 - 03/14/23 at 03:15:58

Quote:
Do you use a silver pill on your systems when running your holo DAC and Sarah or other top amps/pre's, or do you find that in systems of that capability the pills become a tradeoff of transparency loss vs some digital cleanup. I ask cause I am also running a HOLO. I stream alot (new Bluesound Node with Teddy pardo power supply) but also play my own music from hard drive into Node.

I don't personally because 98% of my listening time is professional and I don't want anything in there that makes things sound better or different than they really are.  I don't use Pills and I don't use a ZROCK for this reason.  I need to hear when things suck or are just so so.  I don't need to hear something sound better than it really is because that will get me in trouble.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print