Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 22:10:17 

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
To Couple or Decouple (or both) is the Question (Read 5428 times)
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Re: To Couple or Decouple (or both) is the Question
Reply #50 - 04/03/23 at 23:50:40

Sean, glad you found the thread useful! Keep the great ideas coming.  

Dana, I’d like to hear your impressions of the EVA Anti Vibration Pads, especially with regards to the smell some reviewers complained about.

Speaking of cheap solutions, when I unpacked my BBA Rigid Rack, the packing material consisted of multiple square and circular pads to protect the butcher blocks and legs.  I did not throw them away and in fact, used 8 of them underneath my two SVS subs and they have eliminated the fixtures rattling when I’m driving them hard for HT.  Here’s a pic of the pads I collected:

Innuos Pulse-Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE R2R-Ic0n4 Autoformer Passive Pre-Sarah 300B SET Amp-ZBIT-Project Carbon Debut TT-Schiit Mani Phono-GIK Room Treatment-Caintuck Audio Magnum Baffles—Li Audio Fast 15 Drivers-P.I. Audio MajikBuss & Puritan PSM 156 Conditioners
  IP Logged
Dana
Seasoned Member

Reply #51 - 04/04/23 at 18:10:14

Yes in the box they do have a strong chemical odor.  Across the room it's not an issue.  If you think it's a problem just dump the box outside on the porch and after a day the smell would be minimal.  

The box of a hundred with shipping is a little over 25 cents apiece.  The tops are channeled and I stack them.  I use them as much as spacers as vibration control and they work for both.

My stereo constantly evolving and if something doesn't detract from the sound it usually stays.  My amplifier is currently on the floor.  Because of this thread I changed from single depth to triple depth.  In my mind it sounded better so it stayed.  If someone snuck in and put it back to single depth without telling me I probably couldn't tell the difference  but I thought the bass was better after.

I also use the in conjunction with other devices.  This is a picture of under my subwoofer and this made a difference I could tel. if removed.

subrisers.jpg

Tom Waits:
And the newspapers were fooling,
And the ash-trays have retired
'Cause the piano has been drinking,
The piano has been drinking
The piano has been drinking,
Not me, not me, not me, not me, not me
  IP Logged
Sean
Seasoned Member

Reply #52 - 04/04/23 at 21:39:12

The rubber/cork also smell in the box. Once out and under things I get a whiff of them here n there. Similar a new pair of shoes left in the room. After a day I don’t smell them.

Mofi StudioDeck, AT OC9III, Cinemag 1254 SUT, ZP3, CSP2+, SE84UFO, Tekton Pendragon

Schiit Bifrost, Mac Mini, Roon
  IP Logged
jameshall
Verified Member

Reply #53 - 05/05/23 at 11:28:56

I agree with you and your information is useful for me.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print