Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
T6 speakers (Read 2137 times)
maddog07
Seasoned Member

seeker of truth

T6 speakers
02/17/23 at 20:26:49

there was all kinds of over the top "buzz"about these at the last Zenfest in the recorded video - I was not able to attend this last fest.  
I see they are now officially available for sale on the website.  But I find very little to no mention of them anywhere.  
  • Does anybody actually have a pair?
  • Do these suffer from the same excessive build lead time as amps?
  • I'm looking for any info on the T6 anybody has to share!

Thanks!

Decware Torii MK3, Wyred4Sound DAC2, Theta Digital Miles, Emotiva XMC-1, Emotiva XPA-5, Aesthetix Calypso, Wyred STP-SE, Martin Logan Vista, Audio Nirvana 12" Alnico's, PS Audio PW P5, Goertz, Kimber, Nordost and DIY wires, PSA pwr cords, Cary SLI-80, DM945's.....
  IP Logged
Paul2

Second Hand Rose

Re: T6 speakers
Reply #1 - 02/17/23 at 20:38:33

To answer your questions

1. Yes, there are some people who have them in their systems.  But, we see very little talk on the forum about them.

2. I believe Steve said that they are in stock.. So, there should not have much wait time.

3.  I do not have a pair but have heard them at Decfest and they look excellent and sound the same.

Roon Nucleus, Eversolo A6 ME, ZRock, CSP, SE84 UFO, TubeTots
Small treated room
  IP Logged
BlackBess
Seasoned Member

TURN IT DOWN,I have
children sleeping
here

Reply #2 - 02/17/23 at 22:25:18

I ordered a pair last October & received them I think  in less than a week. To me they look nicer than any speaker or any other piece of furniture we own. But they’re in my back basement hobby spot. You know, near the washer, dryer, furnace & water heater. If my wife is around you should hear her complain when I play Infected Mushroom upstairs. But for what they are they sound very nice with my old Had. I think between cone area, cabinet size & cost,that should give you an idea of their limitations. The T6’s are rated down to 55Hz +/- 3db I believe, but depending on source & musical selection seem to play much lower. Still I plan to ad a REL sub some day. So I’m hoping when my DNA II’s are delivered they sound 3 times better. J/K Maybe these aren’t popular because they’re not made in this hemisphere. They also took longer than usual to break in, but maybe that was just my pair. I didn’t condemn them to the dungeon right away, they “Had” to work their way there.

phone screen resolution test

KEF LS50 wireless 2 w/KC62 sub
Analog Ethos select series 2a3>Decware HDT-v2
Dennis Had Inspire 6FLV-v>Decware T6
Shanling STP10>Klipsh forté IV
Dennis Had 300PSE>Decware DNA 2
IPad mini>Audio Quest Dragonfly cobalt>Focal Clear
Willsenton R300>Bose 601-II
  IP Logged
Paul2

Second Hand Rose

Reply #3 - 02/17/23 at 22:57:20

They may only be a half a dog high and a dog and a half long but they sure can fly !

Roon Nucleus, Eversolo A6 ME, ZRock, CSP, SE84 UFO, TubeTots
Small treated room
  IP Logged
ddaarr
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 02/20/23 at 22:46:47

Curious to hear if you felt the need to run a subwoofer after break-in?

IP Logged
BlackBess
Seasoned Member

TURN IT DOWN,I have
children sleeping
here

Reply #5 - 02/21/23 at 06:55:16

Mr. ddaarr, if you are asking me, I would say that in my situation that I would like to add something like the Rel Tx-5. If you had these on nice stands in the middle of your room you may feel differently. But before mine were run in sufficiently they were on top of my Forte IV’s (out in the middle of the room) & they weren’t cutting the mustard. But my desire to use these speakers had a lot to do with size & placement requirements. Depending on room size the Zu DW6 (for example) is going to energize more of the total spectrum of sound for about the same price. But I like cone area. I know how people talk about superior soundstaging with narrower front baffles (I have KEF’s) but I like how a bigger speaker gets more air moving with less drama. Holy smokes, your results may differ. But interestingly the wife was helping me in the basement when some more Infected Mushroom came on. “Bliss on Mushrooms” I believe. Well instead of “this sounds like noise to
me” like before, I hear her singing “oh wee oh” like one of the wicked witch’s guards. So maybe the difference was mood, the particular IF tune or was it the T6’s singing their sweet siren song. Again, holy cow what a hoot.
Anywho, wadda ya think about that, I’m sleeping down at the laundrymat.
Got no clothes to clean, to put inside the machine.

remove duplicate text

IP Logged
BlackBess
Seasoned Member

TURN IT DOWN,I have
children sleeping
here

Reply #6 - 02/21/23 at 14:54:01

Here’s 2 similarly sized speakers that I’ve yet to hear but am curious about;

Don Thomas from Wathen & Cryotone’s boxes

These are the new Dennis Had speakers

“Help Cecil help”, for those that remember, I won’t repeat the rest, Ralph

IP Logged
Tony
Seasoned Member

"Life without
..music is
inconceivable"
A.Einsteln

Reply #7 - 02/21/23 at 17:16:12

Hey maddog07,

You will find more T6 responses in the category "A newbie's questions..

It looks and sounds very good.

SE84UFO25 | Ic0n4 Passive Preamp | ZBIT | Cambr. CXNv2 | Denafrips Pontus II | Denafrips Gaia | Decware I/Cs | Decware Pwr Cbls | ZWIRE Speaker Cbls | Omega SAHOM & KEF KC62 | Furman Cond l GIK Room Trmt
  IP Logged
Littlebit72
Verified Member

Reply #8 - 02/22/23 at 00:35:35

"They may only be a half a dog high and a dog and a half long but they sure can fly !"

Jajajajaja!

IP Logged
Littlebit72
Verified Member

Reply #9 - 02/22/23 at 00:39:22

Yes, these guys sure know what they are talking about and have helped me a lot.
I'm seriously thinking of getting either the T6 or the Trapeziums. May have to hunt someone down to listen to them en person.

IP Logged
ddaarr
Verified Member

Reply #10 - 02/27/23 at 02:36:20

Thank you to all that contributed to the Decware T6 information.  I have an opportunity to locally buy some Omega Bookshelf, not the Alnicos. Both brands are the same retail price.  Anyone chime in with experience with both or can compare either brands.  Room is 11x15, medium listening levels, and a SET tube amp in the future.

IP Logged
bramar
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 02/27/23 at 03:19:50

If you’re going for a fleawatt amp + single driver speakers, prepare for astonishing realism with vocals at the expense of bass impact and general fullness of sound.

vocals, solo or a couple instruments sound phenomenal. that means acoustic, renaissance, classical baroque, jazz trio, etc will be rendered beautifully. forget about pop and rock….not very impressive. So you will be limited in music genres.

that is my personal experience.

Brad

IP Logged
Tony
Seasoned Member

"Life without
..music is
inconceivable"
A.Einsteln

Reply #12 - 02/27/23 at 06:48:11

Hey ddaarr,
I've posted on my comparison of the T6 and Omega Alnicos elsewhere giving the nod to Omega.  The Alnico variable was the difference. I can't say without it. You probably can't go wrong with either. Good luck.

SE84UFO25 | Ic0n4 Passive Preamp | ZBIT | Cambr. CXNv2 | Denafrips Pontus II | Denafrips Gaia | Decware I/Cs | Decware Pwr Cbls | ZWIRE Speaker Cbls | Omega SAHOM & KEF KC62 | Furman Cond l GIK Room Trmt
  IP Logged
morp
Seasoned Member

Reply #13 - 02/27/23 at 15:30:06

I swapped from Trapeziums to T6 for nearfield listening on a desk. Both are excellent speakers and I'm very happy with the sound I'm getting.  My use case (speakers 3 feet from my ears) is likely different from most folks, but happy to answer any questions!

Richard

IP Logged
Craig B
Verified Member

Reply #14 - 03/21/23 at 18:53:55

Hi. I have had the T6’s for about 3 months and I run them with a Rel T5i subwoofer. I found in my incrementally improving system I am really happy with them.  They did take a long time to break in as another person in the thread noted, stick with them. The T6’s are fast and transparent to my ears and when there is air, space and energy in the recording the T6’s show you this beautifully. They have good bass but lack a really low end as per their spec. If the recording has really bass weight and punch the T6’s will give you this. If you want real base thump then may want something bigger, these have more than enough bass for me.  The sub just adds the really low notes.  They also look really great, lovely finish and shape and put out a really big room sound for a modest sized bookshelf speaker. A couple of weeks back I added some ZFOCUS speaker cables. These made another good improvement. They added another layer of transparency and opened up the sound stage. I am in line for the Sarah 300b amp, hopefully is the next couple of months. I am really excited to connect them up-to the T6’s. I choose the T6’s after watching the 2022 Decfest video’s. The consensus seemed to be they were a really good match with the Sarah.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print