Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/18/24 at 11:06:03 

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
The Fascinating Decware Wait List. (Read 10147 times)
ChJKy (Chris)
Verified Member

The Fascinating Decware Wait List.
01/21/23 at 12:41:29

The Decware wait list has fascinated me since day one. I have likely checked it every day after I read through the forum posts as much as possible.

I placed an order for a Torii MK5 (changed from a Taboo MK4) on 10-16-21. At that time, folks could still add to their orders and as Decware's popularity was truly ramping up, it took a while for my order to show up on the list. I waited one month before my order made the list at #912 on 11/16/21. The list moved pretty well, at times close to 50 per month (#617 six months later).

I am #243 today and still happy to wait as long as necessary for my MK5 (and eventually a ZRock2 placed on 4/8/22).

The Wait list has changed once more with all non-amplifier devices going to another list (still waiting on that one so I can keep an eye on my ZRock2's progress). The list is still growing crazy fast and I don't think it is going to slow down. There are more units being ordered than can be produced (or are being produced) at this time. On average about 100 amps are being ordered per month and way more on some, 171 still on the list for the month of 11/21 for example.

The list has over 2000 amps on order now, and that doesn't include the other devices. Even with the most I've seen built and shipped, it would take over 3 years and at the lower lever of build (40 per month) it could take 4 years to see a new order shipped.

I wouldn't think of ordering a tube amp from anyone else though and I will gladly wait as long as it takes for Steve and all at Decware to build my Torii MK5 and my ZRock2. But...this is the state of this fascinating list, at least from what I can tell...

Happy waiting everyone.

IP Logged
Geno
Seasoned Member

Without music, life
would be a mistake.

Re: The Fascinating Decware Wait List.
Reply #1 - 01/21/23 at 15:17:41

Hi Chris.

It’s funny that you posted this, to me, because I ordered my amp the same day as you. I figure that we will have ours by the end of May Cool

Best,

Geno

(2)SE84UFO(Balanced Monoblocs) OR Sansui AU-222
Crown sub amp
Cambridge Audio CXN(ModWright) • ZBIT
SL-1210MK5(KAB Mods) Soundsmith Aida MKll cart • Darlington Labs MP-7
Otari MX5050-Bll2 R2R
ZLC Power Cond.
Lii Audio PT-10/W-15 in open baffles
  IP Logged
CAJames
Seasoned Member

"I've run every
red light on memory
lane."

Reply #2 - 01/21/23 at 16:30:41

Quote:
Posted by: ChJKy (Chris)      Posted on: Today at 04:41:29

...On average about 100 amps are being ordered per month and way more on some, 171 still on the list for the month of 11/21 for example...

Yeah, there is a black friday coupon for 10% off every year so that is a busy week. That's when I placed my order, and it took over 2 months to get on the list, some where in the 900s. Just checked and now I'm 350 so I should get my amps late summer.

I hope you're using the time to horde research tubes.

[FOOBAR2000 | Jay's CDT2 MRK3] -> Denafrips Terminator 2 + Gaia
Sumiko Pearwood -> Mapleknoll Athena -> Luxman SUT -> Maple-tree Phono 3E
Woo WA22 -> 2x UFO25s, balanced monos
Omega SAM , Hifiman Arya, Senn HD-650
  IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #3 - 01/21/23 at 16:36:29

Chris,

I ordered my ZRock2 back on Black Friday in 2021.  I just received it yesterday, so yes the waitlist is not  for the faint hearted.  Just go about your daily life and don’t sweat it…one day you will start getting emails on your build status.

Dom

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
ChJKy (Chris)
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 01/21/23 at 20:10:57

Geno, I had noticed that you were 2 spots behind me, and yes, depending on how things go with the new techs, I think end of may looks promising.

I spent about 3 months reading through the forum and researching tube amps in general before placing my order. I can't see myself spending $5000 an amplifier with anyone other than Decware and I haven't even heard my amp or any Decware amp yet.

There are enough reviews, personal experiences, impressions (good or bad), plenty of data, etc...if one spends the time to read through all the new and old posts to come to the decision I made: I want a Decware amp.

Decware is family of music and audio lovers. The way Steve goes about designing these works of audio art and lets us in on the process is amazing, and I'm glad that I will be a part of it.

IP Logged
CAJames
Seasoned Member

"I've run every
red light on memory
lane."

Reply #5 - 01/22/23 at 01:32:24

Quote:
Posted by: ChJKy (Chris)      Posted on: Today at 12:10:57

...There are enough reviews, personal experiences, impressions (good or bad), plenty of data, etc...if one spends the time to read through all the new and old posts to come to the decision I made: I want a Decware amp.

Decware is family of music and audio lovers. The way Steve goes about designing these works of audio art and lets us in on the process is amazing, and I'm glad that I will be a part of it.

Exactly. For me it didn't take long to determine that I wanted a pair of UFO amps that I would set up as balanced monoblocs. I bought them "sight unheard" and even though I expected them to be good, they exceeded my expectations and by a lot. They are so good I got back on the waiting list for a pair of UFO25s. I "only" had to wait 5 months for my UFOs and ever since then I've been telling anyone who asks they are well worth the wait and worth way more than the cost.

IP Logged
RGPascale
Verified Member

Reply #6 - 01/29/23 at 18:55:27

Hello - My wife ordered my SE84UFO2.1 on 9/26/2021 as a belated birthday present.  Appears I'm ahead of you by a few days.  With that said, we're all in the same boat.  I would imagine that its worth the wait.  Furthermore. I feel there may be a parts issue with our amp being that "our page" hasn't been updated in a while?  No idea, just a thought.  A few months back I ordered a CryoTone Preamp Tube from Wathen for a tube buffer in my system, mind blown!  The tube relationship between Decware and Wathen will be absolutely beneficial to all of us.  

IP Logged
ChJKy (Chris)
Verified Member

Reply #7 - 01/29/23 at 23:42:56

There may be an issue with parts as it seems some of the amps such as the SE84UFO2.1 haven't been moving in the queue much. Steve had mentioned a chassis issue a while back.

As we have all accepted, the wait is what it is. I may not have expected a wait longer than a year when I first ordered, and it may be closer to 2 years now but I didn't order from Amazon for a reason. A very good reason.

I didn't need my order in 2 days at my door for subpar electronics with no support or customer service behind it. I wanted the Decware family...

IP Logged
Showme
Seasoned Member

Reply #8 - 01/30/23 at 01:41:14

I have a complete setup of Decware 25 Anniversary components. In fact two systems and other components I’ve passed on. However, two to three years to full fill an order is absurd. I enjoy my systems but have come to realize there are other builders offering outstanding components in reasonable time. Maybe the hype is less but none the less the sound is subjectively there. I wish I had time to sit back and relax and enjoy the wait time. I doubt it so I’m not going to be enticed by any new offerings until they can be delivered in a reasonable time frame. Flame on!!!

IP Logged
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Reply #9 - 01/30/23 at 10:55:11

Not from me Showme!

It is ridiculous to wait years and years for a product that is going to be trumped by the next greatest. The producer on the other hand does not want to ramp it up beyound current circumstances. I can totally emphasize with both sides.

I never bought an amp directly from Steve but have a full complement of his design. I am on the wait list for a SE84UFO25. I rarely look at that list and will most likely forget about it in the short term. I spend most of my time upgrading the present system. There is a lot that can be done in the mean time other than checking an ever expanding list!

John

AMC CD8b>XO3>Cambridge CXN2>ZDAC>ZBOX>braided silver/occ> Zrock2>CSP2+>SE84 milflex copper 25th>9AWG silver/copper braid>lii Crystal 10 in Huijgen cabinets. Ortofon 2M Black>JVC QL-F4/Otari MX5050B2>ZP3. Isolation. AC filtering. Room treatment.
  IP Logged
MikeinMontana
Seasoned Member

Reply #10 - 01/30/23 at 19:06:38

Decware is now just a 'wish' for a lot of us older folks now. Two strokes, one this last April as well. May have been just a 'wish' after all. Ordered 11/29/21. Seems completed orders have slowed? Absolutely no way would I have even thought about an order now.  :P Really do hope. Obviously blessed anyway Smiley. We'll see......

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #11 - 01/30/23 at 19:13:10

Sorry to hear about the strokes Mike. Here's hoping for improving help.

The wait is frustrating. So many on the list had never heard of Decware before reviews started coming out and the floodgates opened. On another board people are dissing Decware and Steve as if they were causing a problem with the gross national product! Saying he should "modularize" his products and farm out assembly, etc. That too is frustrating.

Someone wished for us that we live in "interesting times." Well, we sure do in so many ways.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
MikeinMontana
Seasoned Member

Reply #12 - 01/31/23 at 17:15:15

Thanks Lon. Not trying to crybaby this bs..there are obviously much worse than I around...just frustrating sometimes. Haven't checked-in for a bit...guess I'll stop it! Take care ~Mike

IP Logged
Danny Boy
Verified Member

"You spent how
much?"

Reply #13 - 01/31/23 at 18:00:14

This might come as little consolation, but I ordered my UFO2 in October 2020, and received it in April of 2021. Obviously the list has grown as well as the popularity of Decware products. I will say that my amp is worth 3X the price, and the support I recently received was priceless.

About a month ago, I flipped the switch on my amp and I started to get this wicked, crunchy static from one of the channels. In a panic, I called Decware and left a rather frantic voicemail. Do you know the next day I got a call from Sarah, and she put Steve on the phone to help? I was just walking out the door going to work, and I got the call. Needless to say, I was 45 minutes late to work that day...

Steve spent time talking to me about the problem (dirty pins on an input tube) that I actually resolved myself before he called. We spoke about tubes and their quirks, how best to clean the pins, and generally how to troubleshoot. He was in no hurry to get off the phone. This type of support cannot discounted when waiting for your order. You will receive a wonderful American-made product, and you will receive the personal support to go with it. If they were doing things differently and building them faster, I would be worried.

Cheers to you. The wait will be worth it.

Decware UFO2 / Rega P6 with Ania cartridge / Lehmann Audio Black Cube SE II phono pre-amp / All Kimber cabling / Klipsch Heresy IV
  IP Logged
swill
Verified Member

Reply #14 - 02/01/23 at 01:34:32

Fascinating indeed. I thought my wait was over on day 538 when I got notification that my amp was in packing and shipping. That was 11 days ago and I've seen no further update.

I've tried to stay patient as my quoted 8 months turned into 18 but 2 weeks to ship seems like a lot. And that is assuming it ships this week.

IP Logged
ChJKy (Chris)
Verified Member

Reply #15 - 02/01/23 at 10:57:49

I placed my order 10/21 so I've been waiting over 15 months and depending on how things go with the changes that Decware seems to be making with production, it may be another 6 or so. The last 2 months I've only moved 55 spots. That appears a lot slower that it was before when I was moving around 45 or more per month.

I had planned on getting my MK5 and a ZRock2 (ordered 4/22) and then I figured if needed, I would order a CSP. If I ordered now, it would be over 4 years at 50 amps per month, or even longer at the current rate of production.

Just as Danny Boy mentioned, I know the wait will be worth it. If I had extra cash I'd place an order now and just get ready to wait all over again for a CSP, but then my wife would kill me and I'd miss out entirely...

I'd like to know a little more about the production, or what may be holding things up...I'd like to see that second list for non amp devices. But that isn't in my control. In the end, I'm just waiting for what I feel will be the best amp I could buy, with the best support not only from Decware, but also from the Forum Family (or just Lon...).

In the meantime, for all of you that have recently received your new Decware amp, how about some reviews. How's that new MK5 sounding?... I cant wait to hear it...but I am and I will.

IP Logged
Mannytheseacow
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 02/01/23 at 13:40:41

Back in mid December when the small wares were split from the amps into their own waitlist there was talk on the forum about how much faster things were going to move, which didn’t make sense. Before that, your pace down the list was carried by items that took less time to build. Even though we dropped a huge number of places when that split happened, we no longer have the smalls keeping that pace for us. We will be moving slowly on this list now. The pace we have kept through the last month or so I would expect to be the new norm. That’s just my two cents, speaking as an outside observer of what has been happening. The kind folks at Decware are ultimately the only ones that know.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #17 - 02/01/23 at 13:58:57

And evidence points to the fact that there's been a slowing down due to the development and launch of the SEWE300B. Maybe some momentum will build now that we have reached this point in its genesis.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Ghostship
Seasoned Member

Reply #18 - 02/01/23 at 14:03:46

Things haven't slowed down, amplifiers are being produced at the same pace they have been for the 17 months I've been on the waiting list. This posted list is very revealing, informing us of which amp: has had parts pulled; when it goes on the bench to be hand-built by an actual human being with point-to-point wiring with no circuit boards; when it goes into testing; then on to quality control; then passed quality control where it clears final payment and gets packaged and shipped.

These are among the finest amplifiers in the world. That's why there are 2000+ people in line waiting for one. Yes, that sucks. I would strongly recommend we take this time afforded to us by addressing every other aspect of our systems and listening spaces, whether that be room treatment; power cords and interconnects; fuses; digital front-end components including modems/routers, switches, etc; isolation devices from vibration, EMI, floor decoupling; et al. That list is exhausting and should keep us plenty occupied while we're waiting for the final piece of the audio nirvana puzzle to be built.

Paul Pang Quad Network Switch & Fiber
MSB Premier DAC
Zen Sarah SEWE300B
Cryotone Bundle
Tekton 2-12 Perfect SET Speakers w/ BE Tweeters and Cap & Wiring upgrades
Tekton 2-10 Sub
  IP Logged
Mannytheseacow
Ex Member

Reply #19 - 02/01/23 at 14:29:54

Exactly, Ghostship.  Things are moving at the same pace as always, just the way we monitor it has changed with the smallwares being removed from the wait list, so it will appear that things are moving slower when compared to what we saw last year.

IP Logged
Danny Boy
Verified Member

"You spent how
much?"

Reply #20 - 02/01/23 at 18:52:56

Ghostship said:

I would strongly recommend we take this time afforded to us by addressing every other aspect of our systems and listening spaces, whether that be room treatment; power cords and interconnects; fuses; digital front-end components including modems/routers, switches, etc; isolation devices from vibration, EMI, floor decoupling; et al. That list is exhausting and should keep us plenty occupied while we're waiting for the final piece of the audio nirvana puzzle to be built.

Sage advice, and if done right (and you have the means), you can kill some time and benefit from it. I had recently taken my space to the next level by turning it into a single-purpose room. I had ordered my Cryotone's, and while waiting, I painted out my room and ordered a complete set of acoustic panels and traps from Acoustimac in FL. If you haven't gone the way of frequency absorption and diffusion, you could be missing something as important as any piece of gear you could add. Put some though to some of these things now so you will be ready when your amp shows.

Decware UFO2 / Rega P6 with Ania cartridge / Lehmann Audio Black Cube SE II phono pre-amp / All Kimber cabling / Klipsch Heresy IV
  IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #21 - 02/01/23 at 19:54:51

+3

It’s been 14 months for me and probably another 6 to go.  I have been busying myself to optimize every other thing including upgrading my DAC, my streaming transport, my speakers, and just recently installing dedicated circuits for my Hifi gear.  For the foreseeable future, I want to focusi on power cords and if necessary (and the budget allows) upgrading my conditioner, and while I have plenty of absorption and diffusion in the room, I think I could do with some more (granted if my wife doesn’t kill me first).

Innuos Pulse-Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE R2R-Ic0n4 Autoformer Passive Pre-Sarah 300B SET Amp-ZBIT-Project Carbon Debut TT-Schiit Mani Phono-GIK Room Treatment-Caintuck Audio Magnum Baffles—Li Audio Fast 15 Drivers-P.I. Audio MajikBuss & Puritan PSM 156 Conditioners
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #22 - 02/01/23 at 21:47:15

Question for those in the know: Are deposits for an order refundable if an order is cancelled at a time before parts are pulled or some other pre-production time? This is a question on another board. Thanks.

IP Logged
ChJKy (Chris)
Verified Member

Reply #23 - 02/01/23 at 23:14:48

Lon, Steve himself posted on the forum that refunds will be honored up until parts are pulled.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #24 - 02/02/23 at 00:08:33

Okay, thanks. I haven't found that post so that I can refer to it where it is queried. I'll keep looking. And someone posted there that they were not refunded their deposit, hence a bit of conflicting info. Another has said he was only refunded part of the deposit.

And in fact this policy page seems to imply that if you cancel you won't be asked to pay more but does not mention a refund of a deposit. In fact it calls the deposit "NON-REFUNDABLE."

https://www.decware.com/newsite/service.html

IP Logged
Tony
Seasoned Member

"Life without
..music is
inconceivable"
A.Einsteln

Reply #25 - 02/02/23 at 01:30:31

"NON-REFUNDABLE."

My take after reading the above link is that the initial 10% is nonrefundable.  I'm guessing that if you paid 33%, then canceled the order correctly, you would lose that initial 10%.

This is one of those cases where the wording is confusing; however, the CAPS were done purposefully.  

Once Steve clarifies the policy, then someone should change the description to make it clear.

SE84UFO25 | Ic0n4 Passive Preamp | ZBIT | Cambr. CXNv2 | Denafrips Pontus II | Denafrips Gaia | Decware I/Cs | Decware Pwr Cbls | ZWIRE Speaker Cbls | Omega SAHOM & KEF KC62 | Furman Cond l GIK Room Trmt
  IP Logged
ChJKy (Chris)
Verified Member

Reply #26 - 02/02/23 at 01:54:31

I may be wrong but on the thread "How many times have you checked the waitlist" Steve did mention they are refundable. I don't know how to do a copy paste...

IP Logged
CAJames
Seasoned Member

"I've run every
red light on memory
lane."

Reply #27 - 02/02/23 at 01:55:08

Quote:
Posted by: Tony      Posted on: Today at 17:30:31

"NON-REFUNDABLE."

My take after reading the above link is that the initial 10% is nonrefundable.

Yes. For much of Decware's history that was the policy. But I also remember Steve's post referenced above from a year or so ago where he stated that due to the length of the wait list they would give full refunds until parts were pulled.

IP Logged
ChJKy (Chris)
Verified Member

Reply #28 - 02/02/23 at 01:57:05

I guess publishing the wait list publicly wasn't enough? Nor telling everyone who calls to place an order how many are on the list and the best estimate of wait time is isn't enough either? Also we actually do refund deposits up until the time parts are pulled for your build.  Go ahead a call the attorney general, all this friendly protection is getting laborious.  You could also raise this fake news on other forums, for some added protection.  

Steve

How many times have you checked the waitlist. Page 12 post 586

IP Logged
CAJames
Seasoned Member

"I've run every
red light on memory
lane."

Reply #29 - 02/02/23 at 02:06:43

Quote:
Re: How many times have you checked the Wait List?
Reply #586 - 06/10/22 at 12:55:57
I guess publishing the wait list publicly wasn't enough? Nor telling everyone who calls to place an order how many are on the list and the best estimate of wait time is isn't enough either?  Go ahead a call the attorney general, all this friendly protection is getting laborious.  You could also raise this fake news on other forums, for some added protection.  

Steve

Found it! I see Chris found it too...

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #30 - 02/02/23 at 03:00:35

Okay, thanks. I'm still confused, especially with the way the policy is worded on that page. I guess ultimately I'm just going to let the question on that other forum lie, I need to learn not to respond to everything and anything Decware, I get accused of being an "apologist" or "shill" for Decware when I just try to correct misinformation or help with confusion or questions.

IP Logged
ScottNC
Seasoned Member

Reply #31 - 02/02/23 at 03:33:12

Lon, You are a Great Asset to DecWare. Thanks for all you do.
Scott

TORII MKIV-25th,ZBIT,ZROCK2-25th,ZTPRE-25th,ZLC,DNA2's, REL S/3 SHO
MyTek Brooklyn DAC+,Sonore ultraRendu LinearPS,sonicTransport APi7 4TB
Woo WA6, Sennheiser HD660s
RoomTreatments,LineFeed,DHC1’s,DSR’s,ZENST,TriodeWireLabs,TimberNation Maple Plats
  IP Logged
Tony
Seasoned Member

"Life without
..music is
inconceivable"
A.Einsteln

Reply #32 - 02/02/23 at 05:27:52

Lon, I agree with Scott - you are valuable resource. Your contributions are sincere, well thought out and well worded....almost always 😉

Speaking for myself, I have gained knowledge from not only current posts,  but many of your past ones as well. I might be reading something from 10 years ago,  up pops Lon.

Thanks, Tony

SE84UFO25 | Ic0n4 Passive Preamp | ZBIT | Cambr. CXNv2 | Denafrips Pontus II | Denafrips Gaia | Decware I/Cs | Decware Pwr Cbls | ZWIRE Speaker Cbls | Omega SAHOM & KEF KC62 | Furman Cond l GIK Room Trmt
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #33 - 02/02/23 at 10:56:05

Well thanks gentlemen. I've been at it a long time, it's really MY 25th Anniversary with Decware now, and I'm of a mindset that if I can help I will. . . especially as I have been retired more than 14 years and definitely have tine on my hands!

IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #34 - 02/02/23 at 10:57:23

Lon,

Your many contributions and insights are invaluable to Decware enthusiasts. Given how Steve and Decware build and QC test  their products, supply is constrained. It's frustrating for a lot of potential customers and seems to result in some vocal criticism.

Please don't take these attacks personally, it's just not worth it. A lot of audio forums are filled with angry folks that like to vent. Trying to argue with many folks using reasoning can often be a futile effort.

Those that appreciate owning some of the finest tube application products available just need to deal with the way it is. Again, thanks for your contributions to the forum.

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
Same Old DD
Seasoned Member

Reply #35 - 02/02/23 at 13:03:58

I don't want to continue another "Lon fest," because that is the last thing he needs at present, but I do applaud you, Lon for your consistently concise recommendations to this entire board over a very long period of time. Acknowledging your contributions with a Thank You is enough for both of us, I presume.

When I first showed up here (2004, might have been 2003), Lon was one of the first to welcome a newcomer.
I was using massive sandpiles to power my gear and not really looking for any tube amps. Been there, done much of that and moved on many years before.
I was not new to good sounds, having invested more than twenty years in business with a sound reinforcemnt company of my own making. Then the following fifteen or so years searching for more in my home set up with a little overlap during those times.

But this place is about only a few things and I picked that up in moments of being here.
I felt I was out of place, but with the guidance of a few, some gone now, I learned fast that I have been missing out on a level of listening pleasure that I never knew was possible.

But Thanks, Lon for the guidance you have freely given over the years to any and all.
I consider you to be a Solid.

Smiley

SE84Cs Mono'ed, Lii Audio F15 OB, W15 "H" Frame Subwoofer, McIntosh MC2500, Lazarus Pre, Dual TT, Ortofon, Kleenline Iso Power, Revox, Crown R-R, Pioneer Elite Digital Source
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #36 - 02/04/23 at 10:21:30

Thanks! Yes, it's a really caustic environment at times and I can totally understand the frustration this type of waiting list for a product creates. But some are completely putting misinformation out there that the waiting list is four years or more (when the recent announcement from Sarah is two years) and that Steve is making a fortune by taking a ten percent deposit for no reason, and. . .etc. And the worst of it that chaps my hide the most. . . all these ways they are trying to tell Steve (with no direct communication or even an attempt) how to run his business and fix his "huge problem" from redesigning the components to be "modular" and outsourcing assembly to shutting down orders til things are more manageable to completely stopping any development of any new or existing components to. . . you name it. And what really bugs me about this is that they assume Steve and Decware are either not doing anything at all to address the situation, or are incapable of doing so.

I have to learn to just let them babble among themselves. It's hard! I go to the mat for Decware because of the huge enjoyment their products have made in my life and because they deserve to have truth and autonomy.

IP Logged
Ghostship
Seasoned Member

Reply #37 - 02/04/23 at 13:03:58

Lon, I am convinced this is a deliberate attack. The actual number of trolls is small, but they post under multiple screen names on multiple forums (not so much this one anymore since they get booted and IPlogged). Either they are getting paid to bash Decware, or they require serious mental health intervention, or both. They are not that bright, and their arguments are nonsensical.

For those who don't know what I or Lon are referring to, rest assured that Lon and other posters are not "schills" or fanboys incapable of objectivity and telling the truth when it comes to audio.

Paul Pang Quad Network Switch & Fiber
MSB Premier DAC
Zen Sarah SEWE300B
Cryotone Bundle
Tekton 2-12 Perfect SET Speakers w/ BE Tweeters and Cap & Wiring upgrades
Tekton 2-10 Sub
  IP Logged
michaelG

Reply #38 - 02/04/23 at 13:24:36

I’m a happy owner of a ufo and a zrock2 . I got the zrock a august and the ufo in january after waiting 18 month. The waiting felt shorter and totally forgotten once I received those amazing products.
One thing to clarify to avoid confusion is:
Current wait time vs expected wait time

When I ordered my UFO in july 2021 the wait time was 8 month. that means that someone who ordered his amp 8 month before me was receiving his amp. But that doesn’t mean that my wait time would be 8 month also.
All I can say is that I was #705 in July 2021 and received my order January 2023. So my feeling is that with 2000 orders on the wait list the wait time might be more than 2 years .

Another thing to consider is that Decware is probably building those products faster than anyone else given all the experience they gathered.They never stopped taking orders and built a wait list.
Imagine how much time you would be waiting if you could throw 2000 orders at shindo, dennis had or jadis…

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #39 - 02/04/23 at 13:51:25

I don't think anyone is paid to diss Decware. We know dancingsea had a problem here and he took it around a few other forums. Another was pissed his emails went unanswered and he went another route and feels special and thinks he has a better amp from a shorter wait and for some reason the deposit method Decware uses really bugs him and he thinks Steve is making thousands and thousands off the money put down and cheating customers. And a third works for a high end company as an assembler and thinks that Steve's assembly and wiring execution is inferior and doesn't seem to understand why the circuits are laid out as they are and that there are sonic benefits, he almost calls him a "hack" and does call him "sloppy" following improper "established" processes. He doesn't understand that Steve has a different viewpoint and has put a lot of thought and wisdom from experience into the components.

It's sad really. But. . . who needs their "advice" or judgment anyway. And I've come to the conclusion that whoever might be dissuaded by them to check out Decware or order . . . are probably not the right customers anyway.

This community is a solace and a benefit because we share the joy that Decware brings to our listening world, and understand the philosophy and passion behind the equipment. Not to mention or forget that we help each other here!

IP Logged
CAJames
Seasoned Member

"I've run every
red light on memory
lane."

Reply #40 - 02/04/23 at 15:59:35

Quote:
Posted by: Lon      Posted on: Today at 02:21:30

...I have to learn to just let them babble among themselves. It's hard! I go to the mat for Decware because of the huge enjoyment their products have made in my life and because they deserve to have truth and autonomy.

Lon, I don't normally go in for misty eyed message board posts, but the thing is you care about both people and good sound. And that makes it esp. hard to tolerate posters who care about neither. Thank you for all the advice you've given me and countless others over the years.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #41 - 02/04/23 at 17:26:30

Thanks, and I've learned so much and shared a common bond with you over the years. Let's all enjoy the music and the sonic exploration!

IP Logged
ChJKy (Chris)
Verified Member

Reply #42 - 02/04/23 at 17:51:29

I spent about 4 months reading through the Decware posts before I decided to buy an amp. I also spent some time reading other forums to check out advice on other brands.

I selected Decware BECAUSE I read as many posts as I could on this forum. I realized that there is no company out there like Decware with the likes of Steve, Lon, and many if not most of the folks that dole out advice here.

I realized that no one is offering such loved audio devices with a lifetime warranty and an invitation to witness the development process. I got to see Steve design my Torii MK5 and the Sarah. It was amazing.

The folks on the other forum that just rag on Decware and Steve and us have likely never spent much time reading any of these development posts or read others experiences with these amps or even heard one.

Thanks Lon for standing up to them but for me, thank you for all you do here for all of us. I do mean it when I say you were a huge part in my decision to go with Decware, along with Geno and Piezo...no matter the wait.

IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #43 - 02/04/23 at 17:54:01

hear, hear!

This forum, and the Decware community at large is truly special.

Innuos Pulse-Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE R2R-Ic0n4 Autoformer Passive Pre-Sarah 300B SET Amp-ZBIT-Project Carbon Debut TT-Schiit Mani Phono-GIK Room Treatment-Caintuck Audio Magnum Baffles—Li Audio Fast 15 Drivers-P.I. Audio MajikBuss & Puritan PSM 156 Conditioners
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #44 - 02/04/23 at 17:58:03

Thanks Chris. Yes, this forum really has been a true asset to both the owners and the company, and potential owners.

IP Logged
Paul2

Second Hand Rose

Reply #45 - 02/04/23 at 19:04:04

Honestly, I have been trying to avoid getting baited into these online urination contests.

I think the World Wide Web has given a platform for malcontents.  I have been reading another forum that has some trashing Decware.  Some of them seem to love to bait us into their trap.  Many of them do not own a Decware product and likely have never heard one.

Lon has been very kind to me and I am very grateful.  As some of us get long in the tooth, there is one who is taking up the torch.  That is Kamran!  At the last Deafest I got a chance to talk with him and was impressed with his interest in Decware products.  His contributions to the forum have been very informative and interesting.

Also, "Fanboy", often used to denigrate another.  I proudly admit that I am one!  Just do not call me late for dinner.

Roon Nucleus, Eversolo A6 ME, ZRock, CSP, SE84 UFO, TubeTots
Small treated room
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #46 - 02/04/23 at 19:38:05

You do well to stay "above the fray." Yes Kamran among many other posters here (including you Paul) create a great example for Decware fandom, which I agree is not a derogatory thing.

IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #47 - 02/05/23 at 01:41:23

Paul, I’m flattered! But as Lon said, this is a community of folks whose knowledge, generosity, and kindness knows no bounds.  I have much to learn, much to share, and much to experiment.  And who better to share this journey with than my friends at Decware.

Cheers!

IP Logged
swill
Verified Member

Reply #48 - 02/09/23 at 17:16:15

A box arrived yesterday. A very well-packaged stock SE84UFO accompanied by a tee shirt that says Decware One Year Club. After my quoted wait time more than doubled to 18 months, I was starting to feel like it was going to be anticlimactic when I finally got the amp.

I have to say this is not the case, and right out of the box this thing is great. I listen at moderate to low volumes most of the time on some Heresy 1s. Listening today without a subwoofer and not missing it.

My only real gripe is Decware could maybe email everyone on the list from time to time with updates, or issues that may impact delivery times.

IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #49 - 02/09/23 at 17:26:56

The t-shirt exists! Though I wonder if a 2 year club version is in the works…

Congrats, and thanks for sharing this update!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print