Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 20:16:01 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Any experience with Rega phono stages? (Read 507 times)
alper_yilmaz
Seasoned Member

Any experience with Rega phono stages?
12/26/22 at 09:39:57

As the topic suggests, any experience with Rega phono stages?  Specifically, I am considering buying the Aria MK3 MM/MC.

https://www.rega.co.uk/products/aria-mk3

I have heard Rega's top of the line phono stage Aura MC at a friend's place and the difference between the Aura and a tube one by, I think, Fi Audio was like night and day.  The Aria is not on par with the Aura for sure but I would like to hear experiences, if any, with the Aria.

FYI, I currently use a Rega RP6 turntable with the Exact MM cartridge.  At one point I planning to switch to an MC cartridge, so that is why I need a phono stage with both MM and MC capabilities.

Best,

Alper

Mac Mini
Audirvana
Rega RP6 w/ Ania Pro & Rega Fono MC MK4
Rotel RCD1070
Hegel HD30 & Copland DAC215
Fezz Audio Mira Ceti 300B, Decware SE84UFO25, Decware SE34I.2+ & Copland CTA405
ProAc D28, B&W DM630 & Rega RS1
Stein & BlackNoise filters
DH Labs cables
  IP Logged
Beni
Verified Member

Re: Any experience with Rega phono stages?
Reply #1 - 12/26/22 at 11:07:42

My former system consisted of a Rega R6 with a Benz cartridge playing on a Rega Aria, I think it was the Mk I version. Everything played at a good, fine resolution level with good dynamics. Staging was not as good as my subsequent LINN system, but was very good without having the comparison.
It is a solid well performing phono preamp.
With the experience I have had so far with Decware (unfortunately only with the ZROCK2), for me I would include the Decware phono preamp with the stepup transformer in the evaluation.

Kind regard
Benjamin

LINN LP12 Klimax, LINN Urika II, LINN Klimax DSM Organik, ZR2-25th, Silent Angel N8 + F1, Sonore Optical, Roon, Synology, McIntosh MCD751, SEWE300B, Torii Mk V-25, McIntosh C53/MC462, Wilson Audio Sasha DAW, PSI Audio AVAA C20 Bass Trap
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print