Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 10:18:56 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
CryoTone Treated CSP3-A (Read 1261 times)
JOMAN
Seasoned Member

CryoTone Treated CSP3-A
12/22/22 at 02:34:13

Not sure where to put this, I hope it's in the right section.  I've been rolling CryoTone Tubes and as a result I decided to take the next step, after Steve got his UFO CryoToned.  

My CSP3-A went into to Decware for some attention and once that was done it went to Don Thomas for the CryoTone...ing.  It's now back.  Steve reminded me to give the CSP3-A another hundred hours of burn in.  I posted today about the results when getting it back in the system.  After 25 hours and some gain structure adjustment all I can say is what I said in the other post....WOW!!!.  

I was trying my hardest to analyze what I was hearing and feeling but my body wouldn't co-operate.  So I gave up and just immersed myself in the music.  This is not just about hearing things that I didn't notice before or the staging, or the blackness from which everything emerged or any of the rest of the audiophile superlatives that we use to describe what we hear.  This is about the components completely disappearing, getting out of the way, and all that's left is a very immediate and palpable connection to the musicians and vocalists in my space that was never there before.  

I have to say that at first I had some concerns but remembered Steve emphasizing to give a hundred hours of burn in.  At twenty five hours all concerns vanished.  Next, at some point the UFO25 is going in for the treatment.  Once it returns and I give everything the appropriate amount of time I'll post a review.  

Regardless of what you may think of cryogenic  treatment, Don Thomas knows how to do it right!

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: CryoTone Treated CSP3-A
Reply #1 - 12/22/22 at 10:07:25

Interesting experience with cryo treating the component. Unlike others I haven't been as happy with the Cryotone tubes I've tried so I don't see myself going this route. But there are so many possibilities and exploring is fun.

I love my CSP3 with the Anniversary Mods--it is the heartbeat of my audio-visual system. I can't believe the sound I'm getting--what I didn't believe was possible 25 years ago. These components are amazing.

My next exploration is the 300B amp. Got 300B tubes in yesterday--nothing to plug then into yet.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Doug
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 12/23/22 at 19:13:59

Lon, which 300B tubes did you buy?

Jay’s CD2T-Mk3
Denafrips Pontus II
ZROCK2 25th Mods
CSP3 25th & Custom Mods
PAP Quintets with Voxativ 1.6
First Watt J2 or Cary 300SEI
driving Voxativs—no crossover
LFD NCSE driving 15” Woofers
  IP Logged
Doug
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 12/23/22 at 19:20:30

Oh, just saw it on the 300B thread.  Sophia……nice!

Jay’s CD2T-Mk3
Denafrips Pontus II
ZROCK2 25th Mods
CSP3 25th & Custom Mods
PAP Quintets with Voxativ 1.6
First Watt J2 or Cary 300SEI
driving Voxativs—no crossover
LFD NCSE driving 15” Woofers
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #4 - 12/23/22 at 23:19:01

Yes, I bought a pair of "demo" 300B Classic in blue glass from Sophia Electric at a nice discount (about 35 percent). I think they will sound pretty good til I have some Western Electric WE300B (my planned "serious time" tubes).

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Leonardo Warner
Verified Member

Reply #5 - 04/05/23 at 02:35:20

I believe that 300B would be the most appropriate choice to fulfill both of these requirements.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print