Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/18/24 at 16:13:33 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
TUBES FOR ZROCK FOR SALE (Read 1901 times)
JOMAN
Seasoned Member

TUBES FOR ZROCK FOR SALE
12/20/22 at 00:00:23

No longer have the ZR2 but still have tubes that I collected and no longer need...

2 Raytheon 5814A Windmill Getter with test results on boxes 11mA & 10.7 mA - $20.00 ea (spares)

1 Raytheon 5814A Windmill Getter, this one I used for a while - $10.00

1 GE 5814WA triple micah, Red Tip from Decware (spare) - $25.00

2 GE 5814WA triple micah, spares (from Ebay tested strong) - $15.00 ea

1 Sylvania 5963 Red Tip from Decware (spare) - $25.00

4 Sylavnia 5963 (from Ebay, advertised as NOS) - $15.00 ea

2 RCA 5963 (from Ebay, advertised as NOS) - $15.00 ea

1 RCA 5963 black plate (from Ebay, advertised as NOS) $25.00

1 Siemens E80CC, gold pin, frame grid (from Ebay) $40.00

Buyer pays shipping and Pay Pal fees

IP Logged
litefootdan
Seasoned Member

Re: TUBES FOR ZROCK FOR SALE
Reply #1 - 12/20/22 at 06:11:34

I'd love to pick up the Siemens E80CC if you don't mind!!!!  I'll PM you.

Ortofon 2M Bronze | Merrillized AR "The Turntable" | ZP 2 | SE84UFO25 | HDT | Jensen Alnico 15's on the low "OB"
  IP Logged
JOMAN
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 12/21/22 at 03:22:08

Siemens E80CC - SOLD

IP Logged
kcstone393
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 12/25/22 at 22:21:05

hello joman,

i received a fleet of decware amps over the summer- zp3, zr2, csp3, and torii jr, all with copper foil caps and copper bypass mods. since day 1 i have been hearing a hum from the listening position when zrock is engaged, it disappears when zrock is bypassed. steve initially suggested let it burn in and the hum may go away. it did not, so now he has suggested trying another 12au7, which will hopefully eliminate the hum. i am very new to tubes, and hifi in general. i have been “studying” the zrock tube rolling thread where you, will and lon have a lot to say, a lot of which is over my head. all tubes in all my amps are still the originals from decware. the zrock is my first foray into tube rolling, and i’m happy to try out a few different tubes. can you recommend a few different tubes to try in the zrock, based on the other amps/tubes in my setup? i’m happy to buy from you if you have what i’m looking for. thanks much!

kaesy

IP Logged
litefootdan
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 12/28/22 at 05:44:30

I know I'm a little late in messaging....  but if the 3 Raytheon 5814A Windmill Getter tubes aren't spoken for I'd like to purchase them from you as well.  Please let me know if you haven't sent the Siemens E80CC yet!  

Even if you have, I'd like to get thise Raytheons Wink

Dan

Ortofon 2M Bronze | Merrillized AR "The Turntable" | ZP 2 | SE84UFO25 | HDT | Jensen Alnico 15's on the low "OB"
  IP Logged
JOMAN
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 12/28/22 at 15:17:32

Hi Dan,

Yes the E80CC was sent and 1 of the Raytheons is pending.  The two that I kept as spares are available.  PM me if you want these.

Thanks

JM

IP Logged
JOMAN
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 12/28/22 at 15:32:14

Hi

If this is to try to solve the hum issue I have a couple of red tips that I got from Decware that did were good in my ZR2:

GE5814WA Red Tip- New (dark grey plate)

GE5963 Red Tip that came with my ZR2 and also had no hum issue.  This one I used for a while and it has a ladder plate structure with a very "jazzy" tone - N/C

Yes I have rolled a lot of CryoTones and now have all Cryotine tubes.  The best result with Cryotones is when all the tubes are Cryotone.  Single tubes will give you some idea of what is possible. I'm still using the 12AU7-WCL Long Plates in my CSP3-A and UFO25 input positions, with adapters.  You will not need the adapters for the ZRock.

I have a couple of spare CryoTone 12AU7-WCL.  If you would like to try one I'll send it for you to try along with the other two.  12AU7-WCL NC, you pay the shipping.  If you want to keep it we'll come up with reasonable cost.  If you do not want to keep it send it back, pay the shipping.

The above will determine if the hum issue is tube related and give a good idea of the different sound signatures that each gives.  

Let me know if any of the above works for you,

JM

IP Logged
JOMAN
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 12/28/22 at 15:33:21

Previous post just said Hi, meant to say Hi kaesy...

IP Logged
Tony
Seasoned Member

"Life without
..music is
inconceivable"
A.Einsteln

Reply #8 - 12/28/22 at 16:53:03

Happy New Year to All,

I am not sure this is the best location to post this comment, but I am eagerly awaiting the delivery of a CryoTone 12AU7 for my ZRock2.  I did not, however, expect that it might decrease the hum coming from that unit, but I will let you know if it does.  I am assuming it is the nature of ZRock to hum.  If someone has a "hum-less" ZRock, drop me a PM.  If this generates interest, I'll start a new topic.

SE84UFO25 | Ic0n4 Passive Preamp | ZBIT | Cambr. CXNv2 | Denafrips Pontus II | Denafrips Gaia | Decware I/Cs | Decware Pwr Cbls | ZWIRE Speaker Cbls | Omega SAHOM & KEF KC62 | Furman Cond l GIK Room Trmt
  IP Logged
JOMAN
Seasoned Member

Re: TUBES FOR ZROCK FOR SALE - UPDATE
Reply #9 - 12/31/22 at 18:37:49

The following tubes are available the others have sold:

4 - Sylvania 5963 from eBay in original boxes sold to me as NOS.  These 5963 are grey plates with the plates being similar to 5814A (not ladder plates).

2 - RCA 5963 grey plate, ladder type.  from eBay in original plain boxes sold to me as NOS

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print