Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 14:29:14 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Subwoofer buzzing need input. (Read 702 times)
JazztoGo

Subwoofer buzzing need input.
12/09/22 at 18:24:43

Hello everyone,  I am posting this for some input on my subwoofersbuzzing sound.

Basically my setup is laptop---audio gd R2R 8mkII---decware zrock---decware anniversayr amp--omega speakers.  my subs are omegas, i have two.

I have them connect to each speaker and I have also connect them directly to the amp.  No matter how i connect them they will still give a buzzing sound but only when all equipment is turned off.  

I have everything plug into the decware zen line conditioner.  

once i turn on the amp the buzzing sound goes away.  When I unplug the power cord from the amp the buzzing goes away. If I leave everything pluged in and turned off there is a buzzing sound.  Also when I plug in my van alstine control 120 amp there is no buzzing whether off or on.

anyways any input would be wonderful. Thank you all and Merry Christmas.

IP Logged
dank
Seasoned Member

pair of dual 18
Imperials

Re: Subwoofer buzzing need input.
Reply #1 - 12/10/22 at 15:51:28

If I read your post correctly, you have your subs inputs connected to the high level amplifier outputs that connect to the speakers, and you have tried connecting the subs to  the amp outputs as well as at the speaker inputs.  Correct?

I assume the subs are active and you have them set to auto-on.  Correct?

With the AVA amp there is no problem.  I assume that is true no matter what position the chassis ground switch is in on the back of the AVA amp.  If the switch did make a difference it would be telling us something.

My best guess is that the Decware amp output, which is transformer coupled with neither output grounded, is being "seen" by the subwoofer amp as not off...its probably picking up a small amount of induced noise, probably 60 or 120hz.  The subs stay on because they see a signal and they amplify it.

So, if that's the case, you could turn off or unplug the subs when you turn everything else off.  Or you could try grounding one of the amplifier outputs on each channel.

Dan

IP Logged
JazztoGo

Re: Subwoofer buzzing need input.
Reply #2 - 12/11/22 at 03:42:24

Wow thank you so much.  You nailed it!  I set the subs from auto on to manual turning them off and on and the buzzing went down so low i have to have my ear almost touching the speaker.  I am happy with that.  

Thank you again so much and Merry Christmas!

Toivo

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print