Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/19/24 at 06:46:10 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
A variation on the Betsy baffle? (Read 533 times)
Emmett123
Verified Member

A variation on the Betsy baffle?
12/06/22 at 17:31:03

I was wondering it was possible to reposition the Lii F15 driver much higher in a baffle than we normally see? I built a large Betsy baffle and it does sound wonderful. My problem emerges from restricted positioning of baffle in the the living room. I don't have another space for them. There is a coffee table that sits about 1.5m in front them. I usually pull them out wider but my listening position in the sofa still gets some blockage from the coffee table.

My wife will not hear of her coffee table being moved, especially when I have such 'Big Lumps' speakers in first place. The furniture is set, it cannot be moved.

I then wonder that if I build a baffle that positioned the driver higher it would give clearance over the coffee table and be more in my ear position. Would this make a fundamental difference?

I would also love to try keep the baffle more narrow. I notice the Little Betsy has very minimal baffle surrounding it. How does that speaker get away without the wide baffle separating the signal from the front and back of the driver?

I ideally would like something like the Little Betsy baffle width but having height for the driver about 24/26 inches high.

I'm only think about this project at the minute and thought I ask the experts what the pitfalls of such scheme might be before I start. I  

Lii15_Plus_walnut_medium.jpg
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print