Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/18/24 at 23:32:45 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Not sure of the differences b/n the UF02 and SE341 (Read 958 times)
RogerAM
Verified Member

Not sure of the differences b/n the UF02 and SE341
10/05/22 at 19:36:14

I'm going to order one of the above amps and looking for guidance:

Speakers are Tekton DI (4 OHMs & 98db).  I'm new to the tube world.  Mostly hear CDs and streaming, all genres.  Will add vinyl in the future so I want to be prepared.  Will the 4 inputs offered on the SE341 suffice or do I just get a pre amp for the UFO2.  How do Decware users stream through the components?  Any advantages or disadvantages of one amp over the other?  Seems like SE341 is more flexible.  Thanks in advance.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Not sure of the differences b/n the UF02 and SE341
Reply #1 - 10/05/22 at 19:55:40

My experience is with an earlier version of the Zen amp and the SE34I but in comparison to the Zen amp the SE34I is slightly more "forgiving" and warmer, and just a bit more powerful sounding. With the additional inputs it would be a great amp for your system now and in the near future.

I don't stream so can't answer that second question. I have SEUFO3 Monoblocks with the Anniversary Mods and I use a DAC as the source for a CD/SACD transport and the digital output from a phono preamp/ADC converter and run the DAC into a ZTPRE preamplifier.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Tony
Seasoned Member

"Life without
..music is
inconceivable"
A.Einsteln

Re: Not sure of the differences b/n the UF02 and SE341
Reply #2 - 10/05/22 at 20:26:46

Hi Roger,

I stream from my Cambridge CXNv2 to amp, there are variations on this chain, but that's the basic lineup.  You might want to explore some of those variations if you haven't already - e.g., ZBIT.  

Tony

SE84UFO25 | Ic0n4 Passive Preamp | ZBIT | Cambr. CXNv2 | Denafrips Pontus II | Denafrips Gaia | Decware I/Cs | Decware Pwr Cbls | ZWIRE Speaker Cbls | Omega SAHOM & KEF KC62 | Furman Cond l GIK Room Trmt
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print