03/29/24 at 00:20:03 

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Decfest Fall Ritual (Read 6371 times)
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Decfest Fall Ritual
09/20/22 at 16:59:13

I’m getting ready for Decfest again this year.  I don’t remember my first one but I think this is year 8 or 9.  It’s become a part of my fall ritual which involves dropping my boat off at my brother’s farm for winter storage, lunch with my folks, seeing some friends in Bloomington and then heading to East Peoria for the fest.

I start out by making some playlists that exhibit certain characteristics in music like soundstage, bass, female vocal, etc.  I’m on Tidal so I hope Steve still subscribes.  As a backup, I may throw some tunes on a thumb drive.

Then I put together my list of gear I want to hear.  This year, my main component is the 300b amp.  I’m also interested to see if Steve and/or Randy have incorporated any of the new Lii Audio drivers in their OBs.  I am interested in a new DAC so I will be listening carefully to what Steve has in his main rig and talking to people about their DACs.  I also want to see what Bob has done with the latest iteration of the HR-1s.

On the way to the fest, I stream the live feed and listen to begin getting in the Zen mode.

Upon arrival, it usually is pretty random sequence of events, but I know a good number of people, so I typically catch up with them before heading into one of the listening areas.  I’ve made some good friends over the years and its good to see them again.

Then there is that first beer – I love when you open it, the bottle top falls down and sticks to the huge speaker magnet right below it.  That’s more or less the official start of the fest for me.

Usually there are 4 or 5 people I need to talk to before I make it into the listening room.  About an hour later, I pop my head into the listening room to see what rig is playing and then if I am interested, I patiently wait in back until a seat opens up.

Next, it’s a toss up.  Go to hear what Randy or Bob has playing in the small room or go to the workshop to slobber over Steve’s woodworking tools and hang out.

Dinner is next.  Last year, Lite Foot Dan and I made pizzas in my portable oven and we are going to repeat again this year on Saturday night.  This time we will have another oven or two going so we can pump them out faster.

In the evening, its more of the same until its time to sit around the bonfire.  Usually by this time, the BS is at a fever pitch.  Following the bonfire, I waddle back to my van and go to sleep.

Breakfast with the guys is another part of the ritual, but sometimes I go into the listening room early to listen to music I pick out on gear I want to hear before heading home.

Anyway,  I am looking forward to seeing people and hope its another great fest.  Good people, good food, good music.  After two of the fests, I have come home and immediately put in an amp order.  Trying to resist this year.

i7 Mac Mini with LPSU/SSD running Audirvana 3.5, Uptone Audio Regen on LPSU, Mytek Brooklyn DAC+, Ven Haus DIY Silver ICs, 25th Ann. Zen, PS Audio P5 Power Supply, PS Audio Power Cords, GR Research Speaker Wire, DIY Big Betsy and Crystal 10 Open Baffle Speakers
  IP Logged
Tony
Seasoned Member

"Life without
..music is
inconceivable"
A.Einsteln

Re: Decfest Fall Ritual
Reply #1 - 09/20/22 at 17:38:11

Palomino mentioned above:

...I think this is year 8 or 9

That is quite a Decware attendance history! Could it be a record?

For those of us that have not yet attended Decfest, I imagined listening to amps, speakers, etc., would be central, but I had not thought of the pleasure of meeting people one engaged with via the forum over the past months and years. It adds another dimension.

I am looking forward to your future posts on this event.

SE84UFO25 | Ic0n4 Passive Preamp | ZBIT | Cambr. CXNv2 | Denafrips Pontus II | Denafrips Gaia | Media Converter | Decware I/Cs | Decware Pwr Cbls | ZWIRE Speaker Cbls | Omega SAHOM & KEF KC62 | Furman Cond l GIK Room Trmt
  IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 09/20/22 at 17:49:50

I think there are people that have come to every fest.  And yes, it a very social event.  You can learn a lot from everyone, especially Steve

i7 Mac Mini with LPSU/SSD running Audirvana 3.5, Uptone Audio Regen on LPSU, Mytek Brooklyn DAC+, Ven Haus DIY Silver ICs, 25th Ann. Zen, PS Audio P5 Power Supply, PS Audio Power Cords, GR Research Speaker Wire, DIY Big Betsy and Crystal 10 Open Baffle Speakers
  IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 09/20/22 at 22:15:50

Great post Palomino.  Looking forward to meeting you (and others) and trying out your pizza!

Innuos Pulse-Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE R2R-Ic0n4 Autoformer Passive Pre-Sarah 300B SET Amp-ZBIT-Project Carbon Debut TT-Schiit Mani Phono-GIK Room Treatment-Caintuck Audio Magnum Baffles—Li Audio Fast 15 Drivers-P.I. Audio MajikBuss & Puritan PSM 156 Conditioners
  IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #4 - 09/22/22 at 06:52:47

Unfortunately I will not be able to make this Decfest but I have enjoyed watching and listening to the live feed for the past seven or eight years.  I have made several friends through the forum that it was finally nice to meet with in person at the fest.

Tony… it is a very social event and always a great time.  I can still remember Eric’s (Lonely Raven) high octane freshly ground coffee that kept me going.  I shared a nice listening session with Palamino in the open air outdoor shed before it became Steve’s wood shop and countless hours on the main couch with Hockenisskid and Ziggy.  Steve was great full enough to offer me a cigar from his humidor that I enjoyed outside while listening to Donnie’s DIY BT speaker made  from a PVC or cement tube ( I forget).

For those who cannot attend….The live feed is great to hear music from artists that I was not familiar with, and then add to my favorites collection on Tidal and Qobuz.

Dom

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 09/22/22 at 11:22:22

Dom, I forgot to mention the benefit of picking up some new music.  

I always have Shazam at the ready to look up a tune to add to my collection. I actually have playlists for several years with the songs I liked the most. You don’t always get a good signal in the main room but it does work.

I don’t think Steve does this anymore but people also used to bring their own gear to listen to.

IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 09/22/22 at 16:29:23

Coffee and Pizza—I may never leave the premises!

It’s funny, after reading your post yesterday, I was thinking to have my Shazam app at the ready to pick up on some new music to add to my playlist as well.

Just to get an idea, how easy is it to request switching to different amps and speakers?  Does the main listening room more or less stay on the same gear and you have to go to another listening room to audition other gear?  For example, I want to listen to both the Decware Zen Master baffles as well as Randy’s OB speakers.  Similarly, I want to evaluate multiple amps including the SE84UFO25, the new Rachael, and obviously Sarah.  Trying to determine the best way to navigate it.

Innuos Pulse-Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE R2R-Ic0n4 Autoformer Passive Pre-Sarah 300B SET Amp-ZBIT-Project Carbon Debut TT-Schiit Mani Phono-GIK Room Treatment-Caintuck Audio Magnum Baffles—Li Audio Fast 15 Drivers-P.I. Audio MajikBuss & Puritan PSM 156 Conditioners
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #7 - 09/22/22 at 16:59:31

Randy's open baffles will have their own room just like last year.  That will be running non stop all three days.

The main room will have Sarah on one end connected to the large open baffles and occasionally the House Speakers, DNA610's, Lii Song Glory.  Also on that end is the Zen TORII Mono's, My personal older white pair.  Sources for this end are digital streaming via Qobuz, and reel to reel tape.

The other end of the room will feature the UFO25, my vinyl rig (ZP3), reel to reel tape machine, digital streaming via Qobuz, CD, and this is where we will swap in different amplifiers / preamps.  Speakers are the new T6 bookshelf, the new HDT Silver 8's, DNA's, Z15M baffles, ERRx, Trapezium, HR2's,     DM945's, Corner Horns, Omegas, and anything else I neglected to mention.

We may also set up a headphone rig using the CSP3 or Taboo MK4 somewhere with it's own source where you can sit down and listen to headphones.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #8 - 09/22/22 at 17:02:12

Edit: See above

I don't know how it will be this year, but last year there was the main listening room, which you see in Steve's video and a smaller separate building/listening room where Randy and Bob had their speakers.

Generally is a cooperative effort to get to hear the gear you want to hear.  Steve swaps out equipment but there are some guys that have been at the fest for years that also assist in this task as well.

Generally I listen to the current setup a bit once I enter the room, then ask the guys in the room if you could listen to X spearker or X amp.  If you get the nod, Steve or one of his merry men will swap in the gear.  Everyone tries to help everyone hear what they want to hear.

IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #9 - 09/22/22 at 20:33:57

Thanks, this is super helpful Steve and Palomino!

IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #10 - 09/22/22 at 21:32:04

Also, there are name badges that you can write your screen name on.  If you do, we'll be on the lookout for you.

A lot of times if you let people know what you want to hear, they will let you know in case you are outside.  Like last year, I wanted to hear the Silver 10's in the Lii Audio cabinets and somebody came outside and said they are setting them up so I went in.

My first year I came late and was all amped up and anxious.  I had a good feeling about Decware and was on a MISSION!  One of the guys rotated through the amps and speakers for me and I slowly caught the Zen vibe.  And yes, I came home and ordered an amp.

IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #11 - 09/22/22 at 22:38:29

I started thinking about how long I've been coming to the 'Fest and if my calculations are correct, I've been there every year since '11(except for the Covid year).

I always like to start out by going into the main listening room for a short listening session, just to get my good "listening ear" up to speed!

Then I become a social butterfly and talk to folks all about the grounds.
Last year I also had to check out Randy's little "Love Shack" and of course Steve's droolworthy shop.

I do remember the year I took my garbage can boom box and played it tool loudly outside in front of the main listening room and someone came out to admonish me for boomin' over the music inside!

Every year I make sure that I have the first Friday in October off just for the 'Fest.

Palomino mentioned the name tags, I just use mine from 2016 over and over. I use the Decware lanyard every work day to display my work badge. Flying the Decware flag daily.

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #12 - 09/22/22 at 23:55:07

Name tags is a great idea—will certainly make it easier to spot folks and be spotted.

Two weeks until my flight leaves for Chicago!

IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #13 - 09/23/22 at 05:29:27

Let’s not forget the beer lanyard that allows you to carry your favorite brew around your neck.  Still to this day my friends who come over request it.  

Even though I will not be going… I make it as realistic as possible with me being home.  I throw on my Decware shirt, use my beer lanyard, send the video feed to my big screen TV and play the audio feed through my Decware amp.  I can remember the days when the video feed used to roll all night and it was great to watch guys listen to music at 3 o’clock in the morning while I was at work.  Now I believe the video feed cuts off at midnight.

I have a request for Steve.  Is there any way you could make available again the old Decware T-shirts that have the circuitry wiring on the front of the T shirt.  My current Decware shirt is beat up, and I could really use a new one.  

Dom

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #14 - 09/23/22 at 12:42:59

I'd buy that shirt.

And many Decfest highlights over the years, but the garbage can boom box was certainly one of them.

Another was when Steve hooked up the corner bass cabinets (forget their name) and ran them with only a tiny Zen (maybe monoblocks).

And another was when Steve put in his OTL amp.  That was amazing.

IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #15 - 09/23/22 at 13:38:23

+2 for the t-shirt

The 3 am listening time caught me off-guard.  Aren’t there hours each day when the listening area is available for use or does it run 24/7 during Decfest?

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #16 - 09/23/22 at 16:23:57

The fest runs 24/7 although by 3 am it is down to just a few : )

WWW   IP Logged
SteveB

It's a fine line
between hobby and
mental illness.

Reply #17 - 09/26/22 at 19:05:15

Sometimes it is only me from 2:30 to 4:30AM. Grin

SOTA sapphire turntable with Soundsmith the Voice cartridge
Schiit Jotunheim with phono card
Schiit Gungnir Multibit
1959 Motorola EL84 tube amp
Decware imperials with Altec 811b horns and Alnico drivers
Raspberry pi / Volumio as a streamer
  IP Logged
Burgermeester
Seasoned Member

Reply #18 - 09/27/22 at 10:18:55

For those of us who can't go, could we have the Decfest 2022 Out of Body Award (amp + speaker combo) based on the most vocal, or drunkest, or longest-sitting/listening persons at the gathering? This would be for the amp+combo that makes people leap to their feet and yell, "Wait a minute! WTF?!" Doesn't have to be systematic or objective.

IP Logged
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Reply #19 - 09/27/22 at 11:33:04

I almost got a chance to crash in on Steve’s place last Friday. We were driving back from a really really(I mean really) great trip in Utah’s canyons on Interstate 80 at Davenport when the driver(not me) took a wrong turn down 74! My group of cyclist know about my passion for audio but not too many details. After the wrong turn and clamor by others of the miss course, I offered to let us continue to Peoria and listen to some great audio gear. That was rejected after noting Steve’s need for a fair notice to audition Decware products and the fact that we been on the road for over 24 hours with a desire to get home. BTW, I offered to drive thru Chicago’s interstate rat nest construction that the driver was most likely subconsciously trying to avoid by dropping to interstate 70. It went well after the 16 mile discourse.

Looking forward to the 7th!

John

AMC CD8b>XO3>Cambridge CXN2>ZDAC>ZBOX>braided silver/occ> Zrock2>CSP2+>SE84 milflex copper 25th>9AWG silver/copper braid>lii Crystal 10 in Huijgen cabinets. Ortofon 2M Black>JVC QL-F4/Otari MX5050B2>ZP3. Isolation. AC filtering. Room treatment.
  IP Logged
Same Old DD
Seasoned Member

Reply #20 - 09/27/22 at 15:19:21

Dominick, Palomino, I would definitely buy that shirt!
Even though I can not attend, that would be a Solid, worth having!

Where do I click?
Smiley

SE84Cs Mono'ed, Lii Audio F15 OB, W15 "H" Frame Subwoofer, McIntosh MC2500, Lazarus Pre, Dual TT, Ortofon, Kleenline Iso Power, Revox, Crown R-R, Pioneer Elite Digital Source
  IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #21 - 09/27/22 at 15:59:03

Same Old DD…. When I had attended Decfest I had asked Steve about other types of T-shirts besides the  traditional Decware T-shirt.  That’s when he mentioned about the amp circuit T-shirt from back in the day.  I guess if enough people requested the T-shirt he would consider running the print.  

Steve….if this materializes please post it somewhere so members can order it.  

Dom

IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #22 - 09/27/22 at 16:19:07

T-10 days!

John, hope you had a great trip to Utah! What time are you getting to Peoria on the 7th? I recall you wanting to check out the coffee place that was recommended by another member. I’d be up for lunch as well.

IP Logged
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Reply #23 - 09/27/22 at 20:31:57

Kamran,
It is a nine hour drive for me. Indianapolis might cause an additional hour delay because of construction. I plan on leaving at 3am friday. With luck a noon arrival is possible. If so, I'll give you a call when arriving. Waze might keep me on track for noon Smiley

AMC CD8b>XO3>Cambridge CXN2>ZDAC>ZBOX>braided silver/occ> Zrock2>CSP2+>SE84 milflex copper 25th>9AWG silver/copper braid>lii Crystal 10 in Huijgen cabinets. Ortofon 2M Black>JVC QL-F4/Otari MX5050B2>ZP3. Isolation. AC filtering. Room treatment.
  IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #24 - 09/28/22 at 00:46:34

Understood.  I am arriving in Chicago on the 6th and staying overnight in Naperville.  Will head over to Peoria by 10 am on the 7th, which should get me there just after 12 pm.  You can contact me on the day off and we can coordinate more closely then. Considering the 9 hr drive, let’s get you fed and caffeinated before the fun starts!

IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #25 - 09/28/22 at 00:51:57

Kamran, I am minutes from Naperville in Lisle.  I'd have to clear it with high command, but might be fun to see what you think of my system.

IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #26 - 09/28/22 at 01:13:33

Agreed! I know you will be driving to Peoria as well so don’t want to inconvenience you or high command but I’m up for it if we can make it work prior to 10 am as I want to hit the road by then.

IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #27 - 09/30/22 at 04:15:14

So yesterday, in my haste to get the new production Gold Lion KT77’s in to my Dennis Had Inspire amp, I took off the RCA 807’s and un-attached the adapter without removing the top plate cap cover off first.  The result—it snapped of the top plate cap right off the tube.  I’ve heard it can be soldered back on but I am not that technical nor do I have a soldering iron.  I was going to try calling some local techs but then, it just hit me.  I’m going to be at Decware HQ next week, where there will be not only soldering irons, but plenty of ppl skilled enough to perform surgery on this tube. Anyone at Decfest or the Decware crew willing to lend a hand?

Kamran

IP Logged
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Reply #28 - 09/30/22 at 10:21:43

Kamran,

Most likely can be soldered. How much wire is coming out of the top of the tube?

I'll bet the Decware crew will be happy in their new roles of hosts for us...or still working on that backlog Smiley

IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #29 - 09/30/22 at 13:43:47

John,  I attached the picture so it is more clear.  I think there is enough wire to work with but I’m no expert.

[url] RCA 807 without plate cap by Tube Dad, on Flickr[/url]

IP Logged
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Reply #30 - 09/30/22 at 14:58:44

Looks like an easy fix. I'll bring an iron, a little solder and epoxy and it will be good as new.

IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #31 - 09/30/22 at 15:30:16

Awesome—thanks John!

IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #32 - 09/30/22 at 15:34:54

The 6th would be a possibility if you are interested.  I head to Bloomington on the 7th.

IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #33 - 09/30/22 at 18:18:48

Palomino, my flight arrives at 7 p.m. on the 6 th and after I take into account car rental and dinner, I anticipate getting to the hotel in Lisle near Naperville, around 10ish. While I’ll be still up for it, I reckon it’s going to be too late for a weeknight?

Kamran

IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #34 - 10/02/22 at 18:59:29

Well I just booked my hotel room for Friday night.

I'll be there Friday afternoon or be out $175 for my non refundable room!

IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #35 - 10/02/22 at 19:33:50

Yeah sorry Kamran.  Too late.  See you at the fest!

IP Logged
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Reply #36 - 10/02/22 at 19:41:21

Booked my room for Saturday night. Plan on camping Friday night to spend some time in the wee hours of Saturday listening!

IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #37 - 10/03/22 at 03:53:14

I figured Palomino.  No worries.  Great to hear all the confirmations.  Looking forward to meeting all you guys this Friday!

IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #38 - 10/04/22 at 17:11:43

Just a heads up for everyone coming this weekend.

Bundle up, a cold front is going to be hitting us. Highs in the mid 50's to low 60's and the lows in the mid 30's.

Wear you audiophile approved longjohns.

IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #39 - 10/04/22 at 17:56:05

Thanks Donnie. I have some that really remove the veil.

IP Logged
Doug
Seasoned Member

Reply #40 - 10/04/22 at 20:11:38

Anyone know when the live feed starts for us homeboys?

Jay’s CD2T-Mk3
Denafrips Pontus II
ZROCK2 25th Mods
CSP3 25th & Custom Mods
PAP Quintets with Voxativ 1.6
First Watt J2 or Cary 300SEI
driving Voxativs—no crossover
LFD NCSE driving 15” Woofers
  IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #41 - 10/05/22 at 01:02:22

Thanks for the heads-up Donnie.  Will be packin some layers…

Just found out that there’s a Diana Krall concert in Chicago the day before. Had I known, I might have caught an earlier flight.  Oh well…we are going to bring the concert to Peoria!

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #42 - 10/05/22 at 01:39:49

Diana actually sounds better here in person than she would in concert. ; )

WWW   IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #43 - 10/05/22 at 02:00:49

Touché. Also, a good reminder to start organizing my Decfest playlist.

IP Logged
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Reply #44 - 10/05/22 at 13:10:19

Quote:
Diana actually sounds better here in person than she would in concert. ; )

This is so true! Live music is fun. However, having both the performance and myself transferred to a different time and space is much better. Smiley

My brother and I be arriving in the Peoria area tomorrow evening. Not sure what time we will be arriving. If anyone wants to grab a bite with us—Thursday evening or Friday morning shoot me a PM.

Maximus NEO TT|ViV Rigid Float TA | Phasemation PP-200 or Hana ML | Sutherland Little Loco MK2 | Innuos ZENith MK3 | LampizatOr GA TRP | EMIA Remote Autoformer | Add-Powr Sorcer x4 | Snake River Audio Cables | PAP Quintet 15 1.6 Voxativ |Torus AVR15|AF Treatment
  IP Logged
litefootdan
Seasoned Member

Reply #45 - 10/05/22 at 23:39:03

Oh My Goodness!!!!!!!  So So So Excited for this year.   Can't wait to hear Sarah!!!!  The HDT Silvers, The Corner Horns, Just all of it!!  I can't wait to sling pizzas with Palomino, talk with Steve and family.  Reconnect with Dan K. and Donnie.  So much fun!!!!  

ps,  my earliest email exchanges regarding Zenfest date back to 2012 so I guess that makes 10 years and going for me Wink  

Ortofon 2M Bronze | Merrillized AR "The Turntable" | ZP 2 | SE84UFO25 | HDT | Jensen Alnico 15's on the low "OB"
  IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #46 - 10/06/22 at 01:09:08

GroovySauce—-I am arriving Friday afternoon so will mis both your windows but looking forward to meeting up there and picking your brain on your choice of DAC (I’m considering the Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE as my next upgrade) and I see that you have their flagship.  If I’m not mistaken, Steve uses the same DAC, so also look forward to actually experiencing it’s sonic character.  

Litefootdan—wow, you’re one of the veterans.  Looking forward to connecting and hearing your Decfest war stories! And we may have to do the whole rock, paper, and scissors routine to decide who gets to sling pizzas with Palomino!

Donnie—thanks to you, I have just bought myself a new winter jacket.  I was due for a new one anyways, so figured the cold front was a good excuse to pull the trigger earlier than I had anticipated.

IP Logged
JAudio441
Verified Member

Reply #47 - 10/06/22 at 13:52:58

Late to the thread.  This will be my second year and so very excited to see everyone on Friday!

@Palomino - I have a portable Pizza oven, a Roccbox, if we need a second or third oven.  We do a lot of pizza at home, so if you need a third set of hands, happy to help.

Also, I received my Spring DAC 3 KTE with the preamp module about six weeks ago.  Looking forward to chatting about my experience.  

Sarah 300B, ZROCK, Holo Spring 3 KTE, Holo Red Streamer, Pearl Acoustic Sibelius, Decware Cables
  IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #48 - 10/06/22 at 14:38:06

We’ll have three ovens going so I think we are ok but will ask Devon. We would appreciate any help we can get.  Dan is on dough, Devon is on toppings and I’m running the ovens.  I plan to have two going at a time if possible with the other one recovering.  Could use maybe another person at each position to keep the production engine running smooth.

IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #49 - 10/06/22 at 16:04:34

JAudio441–looking forward to connecting and learning about your experience, though I only intend to gun for the DAC and not the preamp module.

Palomino—wouldn’t want to get in the way of experts but happy to help if needed!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print