03/28/24 at 18:42:25 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
A sip of Manu (Read 898 times)
Tooppy
Seasoned Member

A sip of Manu
09/02/22 at 13:05:22

IFI Streamer - RME_ADI2_DAC_FS - SE84_UFO-2,1 - LII_F15 in Karlsonator DIY - Decware interconnect - DIY speaker cable - Thorens TD166MKII_Grace G707+A&R p77+Schiit Mani - FirstWatt F5 - Klipsch KG3 - Rogers LS3/5A - Leak Sandwich modified - Grado SR125X modified
  IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Re: A sip of Manu
Reply #1 - 09/25/22 at 16:01:21

Toopy- I've seen him twice with Peter Gabriel and he is a marvel. So fluid and musical. Thanks for reminding me. Happy Listening, Chris.

CSP3, Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, Sony ES Bluray, Schitt Bitfrost DAC,Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Hana SL Low Output Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
Dana
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 09/25/22 at 17:17:45

Netflix
Miles Davis: Birth of the Cool
Stanley Nelson
2019 ‧

I'm not typically a Miles Davis fan.  The music is over my head and I don't have a reference point to really understand what I'm hearing.  The director  Stanley Nelson on the other hand must be a huge fan and chronicals Mile's life with a soundtrack that drew me in and taught me some stuff.  All I can say is I'm a much bigger fan today than yesterday.

Tom Waits:
And the newspapers were fooling,
And the ash-trays have retired
'Cause the piano has been drinking,
The piano has been drinking
The piano has been drinking,
Not me, not me, not me, not me, not me
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3 - 09/25/22 at 17:28:25

I've been a Miles Davis fan since age 17, '72 or so when I came back to the US from five years in Africa. His music has been so important in my life!

That's an interesting documentary.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print