Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/19/24 at 10:21:05 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Interconnect or Speaker Cable Upgrade Advice (Read 464 times)
LiquidBlue

Interconnect or Speaker Cable Upgrade Advice
09/01/22 at 05:10:09

Hi. I am considering an upgrade to some cables, but may only be able to upgrade a portion at this time. I currently have all Blue Jean LC-1 interconnect cables. I am considering upgrading all cables, to include the turntable to phono stage and preamp to amp cables. I also have the Canare 4S11 Star Quad speaker cables in the standard configuration (not bi-wired). I have already upgraded all power cables to the Decware DHC2 cables. Would you recommend upgrading the interconnect cables or the speaker cables first? I'm not sure if one would give more benefit to improve the sound, over the other.

Mofi Ultradeck w/ Hana ML>Sutherland Insight>Eversolo DMP-A6>CSP3-A>SE84UFO25>Energy Veritas>REL T7i
  IP Logged
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Re: Interconnect or Speaker Cable Upgrade Advice
Reply #1 - 09/01/22 at 12:14:15

The relationship between the amp and the speakers is a complex one. I suggest starting there. Jonny owner of Snake River Audio also suggests starting with speaker cables.

I have tried the LC-1 and was not impressed. They were very dark and obfuscated much.

Maximus NEO TT|ViV Rigid Float TA | Phasemation PP-200 or Hana ML | Sutherland Little Loco MK2 | Innuos ZENith MK3 | LampizatOr GA TRP | EMIA Remote Autoformer | STL "Super Tube Rectifier" STR-1002 | SRA Cables | PAP Quintet 15 1.6 Voxativ |Torus AVR15
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #2 - 09/01/22 at 16:34:51

Since choice of speaker cables can sometimes affect your choice of interconnects and visa versa, the ideal scenario when auditioning is to have two pairs of each and find that one in four combination that is the best.  Ideal, not necessarily realistic. ; )

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
LiquidBlue

Reply #3 - 09/02/22 at 11:42:11

Thanks for the feedback. I intend to change out the LC-1's as well as the speaker cables, but need to do one or the other to start. I'll look at upgrading the speaker cables first and then can decide what type of interconnects I'll need to fine tune the sound profile I'm looking for, when I'm ready to do that.

Mofi Ultradeck w/ Hana ML>Sutherland Insight>Eversolo DMP-A6>CSP3-A>SE84UFO25>Energy Veritas>REL T7i
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print