Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/19/24 at 10:44:13 

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
New DECWARE Speaker Wire (Read 7752 times)
maddog07
Seasoned Member

seeker of truth

Re: New DECWARE Speaker Wire
Reply #50 - 09/22/22 at 02:55:58

Steve,

is it possible to purchase the new ZWIRE cables - Without the banana's, i.e. unterminated?  I have my own favorite solid copper spades and tensioned banana's (well C11000 copper) from Furez... they are a bit hard to find since the pandemic, but I bought a good supply before.  

https://douglasconnection.com/shop-by-brand/furez-products/ used to be a good source, but since the pandemic, he's out-of-stock.
I've never encountered a more mechanically robust or better sounding connector - short of direct hard-wired connection.

Zu provides a similar looking connector on their Event series cables, but its not exactly the same - no idea where they get them.

Decware Torii MK3, Wyred4Sound DAC2, Theta Digital Miles, Emotiva XMC-1, Emotiva XPA-5, Aesthetix Calypso, Wyred STP-SE, Martin Logan Vista, Audio Nirvana 12" Alnico's, PS Audio PW P5, Goertz, Kimber, Nordost and DIY wires, PSA pwr cords, Cary SLI-80, DM945's.....
  IP Logged
ChrisC

Reply #51 - 09/23/22 at 00:59:59

Steve,

Probably a dumb question, but is there any "directionality" in the new zwire?  I just received a beta pair and they have one end shrinked in white and the other w/o in black.  Does it matter which goes where or were you just testing options/appearence?  

Thx

ChrisC

Smiley

CXC, CXN (MWI), ZROCK2, Aric Audio Unlimited, Rachael, Omega CAMs
  IP Logged
Yakatak
Verified Member

Reply #52 - 09/24/22 at 02:04:58

I also have a Beta pair...and......they have white heat shrink on both ends.  Probably several permutations in that batch.  Really nice.

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #53 - 09/24/22 at 05:14:14

The connectors are removable as they use two threaded machine screws the crimp the wire.

The cables are not directional.

WWW   IP Logged
kulafu
Seasoned Member

Reply #54 - 09/24/22 at 11:48:30

Steve, is there any plans on making shorter length speaker wires?  I am interested in 2m.
Bob

Omega SAMS,Altec 604 8K, Liionidas Silver 10/W-15,UFO25th/Cary SET Monos/Torii Jr,CSP3 25th Holo May KTE ,HQP/USB/Pulse/EtherRegen, Roon/Thorens 1600(Decware ICs, speaker wires/Equi=Core 1800, SFDBs and future STR-1002)
  IP Logged
Burgermeester
Seasoned Member

Reply #55 - 09/29/22 at 11:20:58

So, I took delivery on a mix of Decware interconnects, power and speaker cables. These are the first things made by Decware that I've taken actual possession of to date.

Hmm. Or shouid I say, Wow. In person, these long wirey thingees are sexier than my actual gear. I might have to buy more just for the esthetics.

IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #56 - 10/19/22 at 01:51:57

ZWire—A Quick Review in Questions?

How do you describe that a veil was lifted when you thought there was nothing left to lift?

How do you describe a noticeable increase in the both the quality and quantity of bass when you thought it could possibly not go any lower?

How do you describe when your sound stage is actively trying to escape the confines of your listening room when you thought it was already regularly tickling its boundaries?

How do you describe what you thought was scale, was a mere facsimile of what scale actually implied?

Wait…is that what they meant by top end sparkle?

And last but not least…

How do you describe that the artist is more in your room, when you already thought that you were hangin’ out with them each night?  Were you hangin’ out with their goddamn ghost before?

I continue to explore…

Innuos Pulse-Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE R2R-Ic0n4 Autoformer Passive Pre-Sarah 300B SET Amp-ZBIT-Project Carbon Debut TT-Schiit Mani Phono-GIK Room Treatment-Caintuck Audio Magnum Baffles—Li Audio Fast 15 Drivers-P.I. Audio MajikBuss & Puritan PSM 156 Conditioners
  IP Logged
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Reply #57 - 10/19/22 at 12:05:28

Over time it only gets clearer Kamran.

The overwelming connection to the artist answers all those questions with one answer. Skilled talent.

John

AMC CD8b>XO3>Cambridge CXN2>ZDAC>ZBOX>braided silver/occ> Zrock2>CSP2+>SE84 milflex copper 25th>9AWG silver/copper braid>lii Crystal 10 in Huijgen cabinets. Ortofon 2M Black>JVC QL-F4/Otari MX5050B2>ZP3. Isolation. AC filtering. Room treatment.
  IP Logged
Dana
Seasoned Member

Reply #58 - 10/19/22 at 17:22:07

I think that sight is more descriptive than sound so there is more language descriptors to describe what we see rather than what we hear.  The concepts are transferable sometimes and yet other times they don't fully match up.

How do you describe that a veil was lifted when you thought there was nothing left to lift?
For me the description is like looking thru a sliding glass door.  The glass is unnoticeable until you slide it open.  Not only is what you see clearer you also feel and smell the air from the outside.

How do you describe a noticeable increase in the both the quality and quantity of bass when you thought it could possibly not go any lower?
Bass should not only be heard but felt down to your bowls. The better the bass the more tactile it becomes.  The kick drum has more punch there see almost seems to be lower notes you never realized were there.

How do you describe when your sound stage is actively trying to escape the confines of your listening room when you thought it was already regularly tickling its boundaries?

The music becomes more intimate, more enveloping.  I seem to be floating in it rather than just hearing it

How do you describe what you thought was scale, was a mere facsimile of what scale actually implied?

I don't know what scale means???

Wait…is that what they meant by top end sparkle?

Sparkle refers to the ringing of the cymbals, the presence of the triangle. Does the hand clap define the room on the recording as it does in the listening room or is it just a percussive sound?

And last but not least…

How do you describe that the artist is more in your room, when you already thought that you were hangin’ out with them each night?  Were you hangin’ out with their goddamn ghost before?

It's about presence isn't it.  Like you just got better seats or it became a private concert and the artist was performing just for you.

Tom Waits:
And the newspapers were fooling,
And the ash-trays have retired
'Cause the piano has been drinking,
The piano has been drinking
The piano has been drinking,
Not me, not me, not me, not me, not me
  IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #59 - 10/20/22 at 01:00:54

Thanks Dana for your thoughtful responses.  Much appreciated.  The questions were rhetorical…I was merely trying to praise Steve’s cables in a poetic way.

Innuos Pulse-Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE R2R-Ic0n4 Autoformer Passive Pre-Sarah 300B SET Amp-ZBIT-Project Carbon Debut TT-Schiit Mani Phono-GIK Room Treatment-Caintuck Audio Magnum Baffles—Li Audio Fast 15 Drivers-P.I. Audio MajikBuss & Puritan PSM 156 Conditioners
  IP Logged
Dana
Seasoned Member

Reply #60 - 10/20/22 at 08:18:12

Kamran I know but I have been trying for over a year to accurately describe changes to my system as I optimize it with subwoofer placement, NOS tubes or cable upgrades.  I've asked myself those same questions and still not sure that others can understand the amazement and wonder i sometimes feel.  A couple of nights ago early in the morning I was in that in and out of awakened mindset and a particular set of songs just clicked into place. I became immersed in the music.  It wasn't so much as listening to it but swimming in it.  The song, the sound the emotion.  I was straight sober but I really felt what Alice down the rabbit hole might of felt.  What a great hobby when it comes together.  I'm glad you like your cables.

Tom Waits:
And the newspapers were fooling,
And the ash-trays have retired
'Cause the piano has been drinking,
The piano has been drinking
The piano has been drinking,
Not me, not me, not me, not me, not me
  IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #61 - 10/20/22 at 23:10:56

OK, these are 3 meters long, is that each wire, not the total length?

I've been burnt before where I bought a 8 foot pair and it ended up being 2ea 4' lengths.

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
Dr3wman
Seasoned Member

Reply #62 - 10/20/22 at 23:38:39

Donnie,

I have a pair, each cable is 3 meters.

Andrew

Torii MKV/25 mods
PS Audio Stellar Phono Preamplifier
Technics SL-1200GR w/ Nagaoka MP-200.
KLH Model 3 speakers..
Sonos connect.
  IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #63 - 10/21/22 at 01:09:17

What Dr3wman said.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print