Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 08:04:25 

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
New DECWARE Speaker Wire (Read 7136 times)
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

New DECWARE Speaker Wire
08/18/22 at 22:26:02

As many of you know, we have been working on some new speaker wire and one of them is now a reality. We called it ZFOCUS Reference One, and are presently offering it in 3 meter lengths only until I get a sense of how well people like it.

This wire outperforms the ZSTYX in detail and focus which is hard to imagine, but then we've been listening to different cables against ZSTYX for nearly 30 years now and this is the first to just flat out beat it in certain categories.

We also are nearly done with another cable that has tied ZSTYX in focus but has more weight and is just a touch warmer. That wire will be coming soon.

So the master plan puts ZSTYX in the middle with the best balance of everything but biased towards single-driver and similarly simple designs. The ZFOCUS takes one side with better focus, slightly less weight and the other side it taken by a cable that has the same focus as the ZSTYX but more weight. Both being unbiased as to speaker design with similar performance on 3 way and single-driver stuff.

https://www.decwareproducts.com/zfocus

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
tempest62
Ex Member

Re: New DECWARE Speaker Wire
Reply #1 - 08/18/22 at 23:08:54

Exciting! Very nice.

Will await for the other cable as that one should better align with my goals.

Brad

IP Logged
BicycleJoe Lo-Fi
Seasoned Member

It's all in one
note, Just Listen

Reply #2 - 08/19/22 at 00:40:22

FYI Steve I am unable to open the replacement tube section these last few days, I get the picture to highlight and the more info highlighted but clicking doesn't open the the section.

"Once there was a note, pure and easy,playing so free like a breath rippling by,the note is eternal, I hear it, it sees me,forever we blend and forever we die".
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3 - 08/19/22 at 00:52:24

Hmmm. . . using Brave as the browser the individual tube pages open for me, and can be added to the cart if they are in stock.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #4 - 08/19/22 at 00:58:58

Fixed the links.  Thank you!

WWW   IP Logged
BicycleJoe Lo-Fi
Seasoned Member

It's all in one
note, Just Listen

Reply #5 - 08/19/22 at 03:53:51

Yes all is well now with the replacement tube link, I use Safari
Thank You Steve

"Once there was a note, pure and easy,playing so free like a breath rippling by,the note is eternal, I hear it, it sees me,forever we blend and forever we die".
  IP Logged
Zork
Verified Member

Reply #6 - 08/26/22 at 21:20:33

I installed these new ZFocus speaker wires.  I rarely post or write about stereo stuff but these new wires  are just fantastic.  I hear more things I've never heard before or as  I've never heard them before.  You should consider trying these, I think if you have a decent system these would likely show you some vast sonic improvement.  I'm using them with both digital, mostly Redbook CDs, some light streaming and albums with a Torii JrV2 and Tube Tots which are also striking and fabulous.  Oh and the materials and construction are quite impressive....in the end it's the pleasing sound.

IP Logged
Joey

Reply #7 - 08/26/22 at 22:16:54

That's good to know Zork. I think I'll wait on the other wire, the one with weight and supposed density. I do wonder how much longer before it's ready.

IP Logged
tempest62
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 08/26/22 at 23:12:42

I’m cranked about these cables. Same thing here, waiting on Steve to announce the other version. Already sold the ZStyx in anticipation, using a pair of HighWire Audio 700 LSI cables for temporary duty.

Brad

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #9 - 08/27/22 at 04:21:49

Quote:
I installed these new ZFocus speaker wires. I rarely post or write about stereo stuff but these new wires  are just fantastic. I hear more things I've never heard before or as  I've never heard them before. You should consider trying these, I think if you have a decent system these would likely show you some vast sonic improvement. I'm using them with both digital, mostly Redbook CDs, some light streaming and albums with a Torii JrV2 and Tube Tots which are also striking and fabulous. Oh and the materials and construction are quite impressive....in the end it's the pleasing sound.

Thank-you for posting! I can see with a TORII JRv2 and Tube Tots how something like this could easily happen.

It takes about 2 weeks for the bass to get deep and full and by then everything will have smoothed out. It really is the wire you can't hear, more so than ZSTYX which I never thought I would ever say. The way I rationalize this seeming impossibility is to recognize that OCC long grain or single crystal copper and silver crystal wire has a profound effect on the sound. The braid design doesn't hurt either but the combination is a one two punch.

I also love that they are flexible and light in weight, yet can carry quite a bit of current.

The design melts away the polarization of opinions on copper vs. silver because ZFOCUS is both, equally well executed. And the connectors are high quality Rhodium so no worries about being copper or silver because they are neither.  Of course OCC copper and OCC silver are so different than the OFC that we have used for years that I don't know how you can say they would even sound alike.  My guess is even OCC brass might sound better than regular oxygen free copper or silver.

Because this is light weight it is even easier to drape from amp to speakers in a way where it never touches the floor.  This can take the focus up another notch.  

Anyway, thanks for taking a chance on it and reporting the results!

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
tempest62
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 08/27/22 at 04:27:46

Steve, when do you expect the other version will be available?

I’m pretty stoked about it

Brad

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #11 - 08/27/22 at 04:50:14

I am putting heat shrink on the first batch now.  It's some really great looking wire.  Same stuff, but all OCC copper and more of it. Another proven braid design where the outside becomes the inside over and over again.  Uses the same Rhodium connectors.  

If nothing else I will post some pictures of them this weekend.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Reply #12 - 08/27/22 at 09:42:12

Quote:
It takes about 2 weeks for the bass to get deep and full and by then everything will have smoothed out. It really is the wire you can't hear, more so than ZSTYX which I never thought I would ever say. The way I rationalize this seeming impossibility is to recognize that OCC long grain or single crystal copper and silver crystal wire has a profound effect on the sound. The braid design doesn't hurt either but the combination is a one two punch.

Totally agree with this. Once the bass develops over time it becomes unmistakably sublimely, earthly, and real.

Quote:
 design melts away the polarization of opinions on copper vs. silver because ZFOCUS is both, equally well executed. And the connectors are high quality Rhodium so no worries about being copper or silver because they are neither.  Of course OCC copper and OCC silver are so different than the OFC that we have used for years that I don't know how you can say they would even sound alike.  My guess is even OCC brass might sound better than regular oxygen free copper or silver.

Stretching it a bit.

I am totally psyched over this cable. Going to braid some 16 strand producing 9 AWG. You should create a package including these cables with amps. A very good match IMO.

John

AMC CD8b>XO3>Cambridge CXN2>ZDAC>ZBOX>braided silver/occ> Zrock2>CSP2+>SE84 milflex copper 25th>9AWG silver/copper braid>lii Crystal 10 in Huijgen cabinets. Ortofon 2M Black>JVC QL-F4/Otari MX5050B2>ZP3. Isolation. AC filtering. Room treatment.
  IP Logged
Zork
Verified Member

Reply #13 - 08/27/22 at 16:04:05

I could tell immediately the difference in sound quality so after a couple of hours it really started to get even more detailed and larger.  This wire has been, on my system quite remarkable, Focus is a great name.  I'm sure we'll be hearing more positive comments as people install and hear these Zen Focus Reference One.  Get that dome more extended, clean and certainly more refined!

IP Logged
tempest62
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 08/27/22 at 23:23:13

That’s great news Zork. I’m glad you’re happy with the new concoction. No doubt Steve has created yet another winner. Your descriptive analysis is very helpful. Thank you

Brad

IP Logged
Burgermeester
Seasoned Member

Reply #15 - 08/29/22 at 02:37:54

Can someone describe what a cable with "more weight" sounds like?

Does it have more forward-sounding lower frequencies? Does the sound have a firmer GRIP? Assert itself with more authority? Is it laying down markers and challenging me to up the ante? I don't even know what I'm saying but it sounds audiophile-ish.

"More weight" also automatically sounds better somehow, which makes me wonder why anyone would buy the other cable. What does this mean exactly?

IP Logged
tempest62
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 08/29/22 at 03:23:37

IP Logged
Burgermeester
Seasoned Member

Reply #17 - 08/29/22 at 06:38:34

Ah. Thanks.

Still wondering why anyone would prefer the other wire then. What's it for? Anyway.

IP Logged
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Reply #18 - 08/29/22 at 08:12:46

The other wire is lighter in gauge and serves well for bass shy speakers like the Tiny Radials or smaller speakers. The unreleased wire will mate better with the larger speakers. Wire gauge matters. Simple physics.

Wondering if the unreleased version has solid core strands?

John

AMC CD8b>XO3>Cambridge CXN2>ZDAC>ZBOX>braided silver/occ> Zrock2>CSP2+>SE84 milflex copper 25th>9AWG silver/copper braid>lii Crystal 10 in Huijgen cabinets. Ortofon 2M Black>JVC QL-F4/Otari MX5050B2>ZP3. Isolation. AC filtering. Room treatment.
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #19 - 08/29/22 at 16:49:06

Quote:
Can someone describe what a cable with "more weight" sounds like?

Does it have more forward-sounding lower frequencies? Does the sound have a firmer GRIP? Assert itself with more authority? Is it laying down markers and challenging me to up the ante? I don't even know what I'm saying but it sounds audiophile-ish.

"More weight" also automatically sounds better somehow, which makes me wonder why anyone would buy the other cable. What does this mean exactly?

All these labels are relative to ZSTYX that we have used for 30 years, which are known to be the most neutral after having been tried on hundreds of speakers during that time.

Based on that centerline, the ZFOCUS has more detail and the same bass. It seems like less only because there is more detail. I use it on the House Speakers, which have no shortage of bass.

The new ones compared to ZSTYX have the same detail but more bass. They sound good on everything so far. We have noticed that single-driver speakers benefit from these new cables as the sound comes off with a bit more weight -- which is usually desirable with these types of speakers. Also we have noticed that 2 and 3 way speakers gain additional bass control.

WWW   IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #20 - 08/29/22 at 17:18:19

WWW   IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #21 - 08/29/22 at 17:19:24

It's 24 solid OCC in Teflon insulators.  I'll probably make it available in both shrink and non-shrink versions like the interconnects.  I left one off so it is easy to see what it would look like bare.

WWW   IP Logged
tempest62
Ex Member

Reply #22 - 08/30/22 at 16:21:20

When is it available for sale?

Brad

IP Logged
jec3504
Ex Member

Reply #23 - 08/30/22 at 16:32:22

Jackpot!  

IP Logged
Tal
Seasoned Member

Reply #24 - 08/30/22 at 18:07:49

Been running the new ZFocus wires for approximately 1.5 weeks, maybe 20 hrs, and I am very impressed. I concur with Steve and Zork, focus and detail are tighter compared to my previous cables. As expected with Decware, quality, fit and finish is exceptional The wires are connected to a pair of Zu Soul 6's, which is a single 10" driver with a compression tweeter. I find the bass doesn't leave me wanting more. So, I'm curious how much better (in terms of bass) the upcoming wires are compared to the ZFocus?

SE84UFO2 25A mods x2, ZP3 25A mods, CSP3 25A mods, ZRock2 25A mods, Rega P3-24 Incognito tonearm rewire and Groovetracer mods, Bob's Devices SUT > ZP3, Denafrips Pontus + Hermes, Bluesound streamer, Zu Soul VI, Omega DeepOmega8 sub,
  IP Logged
Earthbound
Seasoned Member

Reply #25 - 08/30/22 at 22:05:13

Thanks for the website tempest62. Just what I’ve been researching individually for the past 4 months all right there on one website! Sweet

IP Logged
tempest62
Ex Member

Reply #26 - 08/31/22 at 00:44:14

You’re most welcome brother.

Brad

IP Logged
jec3504
Ex Member

Reply #27 - 09/03/22 at 13:01:07

Hey Brad,

Could you email me when the speaker Wires are listed on the website for sale.

Thanks

IP Logged
tempest62
Ex Member

Reply #28 - 09/03/22 at 19:23:04

Joseph, you bet your sweet pip I will!

Stay strong, Brad

IP Logged
joralieu
Verified Member

Reply #29 - 09/04/22 at 03:40:51

Are these available in shorter length's.

IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #30 - 09/04/22 at 04:14:56

Do we have a name for the new “more weighty” wire yet?  Also, wondering if it will be possible to buy either one of the new wires during Decfest and bring it home with me?

Innuos Pulse-Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE R2R-Ic0n4 Autoformer Passive Pre-Sarah 300B SET Amp-ZBIT-Project Carbon Debut TT-Schiit Mani Phono-GIK Room Treatment-Caintuck Audio Magnum Baffles—Li Audio Fast 15 Drivers-P.I. Audio MajikBuss & Puritan PSM 156 Conditioners
  IP Logged
kulafu
Seasoned Member

Reply #31 - 09/04/22 at 16:26:05

Steve, I have vintage La Scalas and it looks like it will pair well with the upcoming wires.  Do you have any recommendations on banana plug to spade lug adapters or do you sell them.  If you do, how do you order them?  Call?  Thanks!
Bob

Omega SAMS,Altec 604C in O/B,UFO25th/Cary SET Monos/Torii Jr,CSP3 25th Holo May KTE ,HQP/USB/Pulse/EtherRegen, Roon/Thorens 1600(Decware ICs, speaker wires/Equi=Core 1800)
Caintuck Lii 15s, T6s, CSP3 25tt , Elekit 8900,IFI Zen Stream, Pontus I
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #32 - 09/12/22 at 03:14:11

We are about 45 days away from having the first production run of this new cable completed.  Meanwhile I have a pre-production run of around 10 3 Meter pairs.  I have completed the web page and will only be posting it here until I have more in stock.

https://www.decwareproducts.com/zwire

WWW   IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #33 - 09/12/22 at 03:17:22

Yes, for the Klipsch we have good luck with these small blocks available on eBay.  Here is a link to one with lots of good pictures.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/334519650920?hash=item4de2ecca68:g:LNUAAOSwfIBi5~P5&amd...

There are also holes in the back that are threaded so that the banana receptacle can be moved from the top to the rear.

We locate it to the rear so that when your banana terminated cables are plugged in they lay correctly, as well as easily pull out of pulled on by accident to protect both the cable and the delicate screw terminal strip on the speaker.

WWW   IP Logged
Dr3wman
Seasoned Member

Reply #34 - 09/12/22 at 03:29:08

Thank you Steve! Just snagged a pair. Very excited.

Torii MKV/25 mods
PS Audio Stellar Phono Preamplifier
Technics SL-1200GR w/ Nagaoka MP-200.
KLH Model 3 speakers..
Sonos connect.
  IP Logged
tempest62
Ex Member

Reply #35 - 09/12/22 at 04:23:08

Quote:
Thank you Steve! Just snagged a pair. Very excited.

+1

Very fair price too. Super excited!

Sold my ZStyx a couple weeks ago in anticipation of these.

Brad

IP Logged
kulafu
Seasoned Member

Reply #36 - 09/12/22 at 12:34:22

Thanks Steve!  Ordered from them and the Zwire as well!
Bob

Omega SAMS,Altec 604C in O/B,UFO25th/Cary SET Monos/Torii Jr,CSP3 25th Holo May KTE ,HQP/USB/Pulse/EtherRegen, Roon/Thorens 1600(Decware ICs, speaker wires/Equi=Core 1800)
  IP Logged
jec3504
Ex Member

Reply #37 - 09/12/22 at 13:15:20

IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #38 - 09/12/22 at 14:57:36

Thanks Steve-just snagged a pair as well!

Innuos Pulse-Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE R2R-Ic0n4 Autoformer Passive Pre-Sarah 300B SET Amp-ZBIT-Project Carbon Debut TT-Schiit Mani Phono-GIK Room Treatment-Caintuck Audio Magnum Baffles—Li Audio Fast 15 Drivers-P.I. Audio MajikBuss & Puritan PSM 156 Conditioners
  IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #39 - 09/13/22 at 23:46:13

Also thanks for honoring my request to pick up the ZWire at Decfest. This way, I will have something tangible to show for my trip!  In the meantime, looking forward to hearing from the members who got it shipped.

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #40 - 09/14/22 at 02:49:12

It will be nice to hear everyones report good or bad with these cables.  Remember cables by themselves don't make any sound.  We will need to know the speakers, amp, and what cables were used previously for some context.

Last years Decfest was the first time testing the model ZWIRE cables in public.  We were auditioning a new pair of speakers before the fest started using some high dollar I forgot the brand cables and based on what we knew about the speakers thought that the wooly bass wasn't the speaker... so we swapped in a pair of the model ZWIRE and the bass was fixed. Everything else sounded right as well.

The biggest problem with these cables is the price.  Price vs. Perception.  And in fairness if we were hand braiding this stuff at Decware it would cost several times what it does.  That said, several times is still not thousands of dollars or tens of thousands of dollars for those who think spending thousands of dollars on cables wasn't enough.

These cables are at that point of diminishing returns.  If you're spending more for less sound, you're probably in the majority.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Mannytheseacow
Ex Member

Reply #41 - 09/15/22 at 22:14:14

Ordered a pair of zwire the night they went on sale and haven't heard anything since.  Anybody else get a shipping confirmation or know if they shipped out yet?

IP Logged
Dr3wman
Seasoned Member

Reply #42 - 09/15/22 at 22:37:07

I ordered as well the night they went up.  I did get a receipt/confirmation email.

I think they are likely trying their best, I am not too concerned at this point, though I am anxious/excited to hear them in my system.

Torii MKV/25 mods
PS Audio Stellar Phono Preamplifier
Technics SL-1200GR w/ Nagaoka MP-200.
KLH Model 3 speakers..
Sonos connect.
  IP Logged
jec3504
Ex Member

Reply #43 - 09/15/22 at 22:39:22

Same as Dr3wman.

IP Logged
Tony
Seasoned Member

"Life without
..music is
inconceivable"
A.Einsteln

Reply #44 - 09/15/22 at 23:01:19

I did get a notice almost immediately.  The last message I received announced they would be here on Saturday.

SE84UFO25 | Ic0n4 Passive Preamp | ZBIT | Cambr. CXNv2 | Denafrips Pontus II | Denafrips Gaia | Media Converter | Decware I/Cs | Decware Pwr Cbls | ZWIRE Speaker Cbls | Omega SAHOM & KEF KC62 | Furman Cond l GIK Room Trmt
  IP Logged
Mannytheseacow
Ex Member

Reply #45 - 09/16/22 at 01:10:10

Cool, thx.

IP Logged
kulafu
Seasoned Member

Reply #46 - 09/16/22 at 14:03:26

I received a shipping notification from Decware a day after I ordered and should receive it today!
Bob

IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #47 - 09/18/22 at 01:12:14

Waiting impatiently for early adopter reviews…c’mon guys, give us some sugar!

IP Logged
jec3504
Ex Member

Reply #48 - 09/18/22 at 01:22:34

Sorry, no golden ticket here. Might be waiting a few for mine.

IP Logged
Tony
Seasoned Member

"Life without
..music is
inconceivable"
A.Einsteln

Reply #49 - 09/20/22 at 04:11:02

Speaker cables arrived today,  I'm listening with them now 👌.   They will take some time to settle in, but right out of the box they sound very good. They replace prior Decware cables so I wasn't sure they would surpass, but I  think they have.

SE84UFO25 | Ic0n4 Passive Preamp | ZBIT | Cambr. CXNv2 | Denafrips Pontus II | Denafrips Gaia | Media Converter | Decware I/Cs | Decware Pwr Cbls | ZWIRE Speaker Cbls | Omega SAHOM & KEF KC62 | Furman Cond l GIK Room Trmt
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print