Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/19/24 at 02:18:51 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Kable Karma 4: ZenWave Audio SL Cables 48" (Read 1630 times)
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Kable Karma 4: ZenWave Audio SL Cables 48"
08/16/22 at 16:00:50

It's Kable Karma time again after a brief respite. I am offering a pair of ZenWave Audio SL speaker cables to a deserving Decware Forum member for simply the cost of USPS Priority Mail shipping. The cables are 48" in length tip to tip, perfect for a mono amp set up or for a pair of closely spaced speakers. The cables have over 1000 strands of 6N copper litz wire per leg and are 11 guage. Cables are terminated with Furutech FP-201rhodium plated gold heavy duty spades.

There is minor wear on the spades, otherwise the cables are in excellent condition. The cables are a bit heavy, but are very flexible. I believe these are an early version of Dave's highly regarded cables. I replaced these cables with an offering from Snake River Audio.

For those unfamiliar with my "paying it forward' rules, here they are:

- You must have at least 5 posts on the forum.
- No PM's please, simply post a response below w/ information on your equipment set up and how this item might improve things.
- After one or two weeks I'll select one forum member to receive the cables.
- Please note this give away is designed to help out newbies early in their audio journey.
- Previous Kable Karma winners are not eligible.
- If all goes well with round 4, I will be offering up additional cables and tweaks.

The cost for shipping is $16.10 preferably paid to me via PayPal.

Other Decware forum members are encouraged to join in the fun and offer some freebies up. A link to pictures is located below.

Regards,

HK

https://ibb.co/tzjgZX9

https://ibb.co/FXDFxjM

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
BicycleJoe Lo-Fi
Seasoned Member

It's all in one
note, Just Listen

Re: Kable Karma 4: ZenWave Audio SL Cables 48"
Reply #1 - 08/16/22 at 21:44:10

Very Generous offer HockessinKid,

I would be more than willing to accept and then pay it forward in the near future.

I have OnOrder
*Rachel SE 34.6I *ZP3 * all anniversary mods & upgrades * stock ZLC*
I also ordered the Decware Silver Reference interconnects and Power Cable DH3's Plus the Decware Silver reference speaker cable 10 ft.

Your speaker cables would save me a bundle I could put towards a 2nd Rachel. I have about a year to go maybe more on the waitlist.

In House I have rebuilt JBL 240TI that I bought new almost 40 years ago considering OB speakers will decide after Decfest, also will decide on ordering second Rachel to run as mono blocks after delivery of the first or after Decfest.

My JBL's have just had the surround replaced and the coils checked plus ops checked the crossovers.

My JVC QLY66F was recently rebuilt by Soundsmith and my Clearaudio Maestro V1 mm was inspected by them at same time.  

I just recently bought the Rega IO open box, all of this was done over time on a monthly basis.

The speaker Cables I recently bought for the Rega are Amazon Chinese 8ag OCC Silver Plated HiFi Speaker Cables High Performance Home Audio Amplifier Sound Wire (9.9Ft / 3m)  recommended on this forum

I'm on a fixed budget, there is certainly no other way for me to afford this kind of gear without the cooperation of Steve and the Decware team (Sarah). I make monthly payments while I am on the waitlist.

During the pandemic I paid it forward quite often trying to share the wealth I received courtesy of the US government to others. Before the Pandemic I worked for the Government so I received all the pandemic assistance which I spread around to my friends who weren't as fortunate as I was.

I live simply these days from SS retirement no other income.

All the equipment that I have in house, the JBL's, the Carver and the JVC I bought while on active duty in the US Air Force overseas almost 40 years ago. It was during the pandemic that I was going to build a 300B but decided my hands were too shaky and my soldering skills too rusty plus my attention span too short to take on the task, then I discovered Decware.

I'm sure you will send the cables to the person who needs them most
You're a good man Charlie Brown.

Bicycle Joe
Smiley
Smiley

"Once there was a note, pure and easy,playing so free like a breath rippling by,the note is eternal, I hear it, it sees me,forever we blend and forever we die".
  IP Logged
RICHIEHOSKINS09
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 08/17/22 at 00:33:47

I would love to have em. I have a couple of se84ufo2's I am running as monoblocks and I believe they would work perfectly. My number is 3172920469. You can call or text me to arrange payment and shipping info

IP Logged
safebelayer
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 08/18/22 at 18:51:59

Hello HK,

I am by no means new to my audio journey and would not ask to receive these cables. My son, 23, is just beginning to outfit his stereo rig. He's running a Pioneer Elite vsx 45tx, Kyocera 710 turntable, paradigm speakers with a jbl subwoofer. He's looking to upgrade his speakers and these cables would fit nicely into his system. Being newly married and a first house buy just achieved, the pay it forward gift would greatly bless them.

Thank you for your generosity.

IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 08/24/22 at 13:07:17

Thought I would bump this up for possible additional interest by forum members. I'll make a decision next week on the recipient.

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 08/30/22 at 22:53:46

I've selected Safebelayer's son to receive the ZenWave speaker cables. Thanks for the interest by forum members. I'll be posting a new offering in a couple weeks.

HK

IP Logged
BicycleJoe Lo-Fi
Seasoned Member

It's all in one
note, Just Listen

Reply #6 - 08/30/22 at 23:00:18

Congrats to the winner Son of Safebelayer, (sounds like it could be a movie title)
Good on you HK

"Once there was a note, pure and easy,playing so free like a breath rippling by,the note is eternal, I hear it, it sees me,forever we blend and forever we die".
  IP Logged
Egilmorephd
Verified Member

Reply #7 - 08/31/22 at 00:43:31

Good evening!  I just saw this post and want to thank you HK.  Not often enough we find true thoughtfulness and kindness in the world at large.  Interesting enough though there seems to be a good number of kind people I am learning,  in the audiophile community and even more I am finding in the Decwarian space.  Kudos to you!   Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print