Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/19/24 at 00:03:38 

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
This is what a properly treated room looks like (Read 7297 times)
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Re: This is what a properly treated room looks like
Reply #50 - 08/16/22 at 00:51:23

Added additional room treatments—specifically Alpha Series Diffusor/Absorber panels

4 inch thick for the side walls and 6 inch thick for the front wall just behind the speakers.  This complements the bass traps that I have surrounding me in the listening position.

I was stunned with the sonic impact.  Resolution increased and everything snapped in to focus (kind of going from standard def to high def) and sound stage exploded in every direction, making the small room sound bigger than it actually is.  Right up there (or better) with any gear purchase to make music sound better in your rig..,or should I say equally as important?

[url] F290E593-684A-456B-9C6A-6439AE26A6D5 by Tube Dad, on Flickr[/url]

[url] 244 Bass Traps- GIK by Tube Dad, on Flickr[/url]

Innuos Pulse-Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE R2R-Ic0n4 Autoformer Passive Pre-Sarah 300B SET Amp-ZBIT-Project Carbon Debut TT-Schiit Mani Phono-GIK Room Treatment-Caintuck Audio Magnum Baffles—Li Audio Fast 15 Drivers-P.I. Audio MajikBuss & Puritan PSM 156 Conditioners
  IP Logged
Geno
Seasoned Member

Without music, life
would be a mistake.

Reply #51 - 08/16/22 at 01:50:18

Nice room! Great job on the decor, and I’ll bet it sounds great!

(2)SE84UFO(Balanced Monoblocs) OR Sansui AU-222
Crown sub amp
Cambridge Audio CXN(ModWright) • ZBIT
SL-1210MK5(KAB Mods) Soundsmith Aida MKll cart • Darlington Labs MP-7
Otari MX5050-Bll2 R2R
ZLC Power Cond.
Lii Audio PT-10/W-15 in open baffles
  IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #52 - 08/16/22 at 02:51:12

Thanks Geno! I involved my significant other in choosing the color combination of the panels and she nailed the combo w.r.t. the aesthetics and existing furniture of the room.

And after experiencing a major sonic improvement, I broached the idea of cloud panels for the ceiling and I received a “are you kidding me?” look so I backed off and figured I should quit while I’m ahead…lol.

I will also say that GIK has been very helpful in guiding me through this.  They offer a free consult where you give them your goals and room dimensions and they recommend the products that work best.  I started last year with the bass traps and my GIK rep told me to worry about the front stage later as at the time I was more in to HT.  Now that I listen to music more often and critically, they guided me on the Diffusor/Absorber models (they have several different varieties) and also recommended the thickness.  Suffice to say, I’m a happy camper.

Kamran

Innuos Pulse-Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE R2R-Ic0n4 Autoformer Passive Pre-Sarah 300B SET Amp-ZBIT-Project Carbon Debut TT-Schiit Mani Phono-GIK Room Treatment-Caintuck Audio Magnum Baffles—Li Audio Fast 15 Drivers-P.I. Audio MajikBuss & Puritan PSM 156 Conditioners
  IP Logged
BicycleJoe Lo-Fi
Seasoned Member

It's all in one
note, Just Listen

Reply #53 - 08/16/22 at 03:29:32

Very nice Kamran, Very Striking, and contemporary .

"Once there was a note, pure and easy,playing so free like a breath rippling by,the note is eternal, I hear it, it sees me,forever we blend and forever we die".
  IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #54 - 08/16/22 at 04:07:47

Thanks BicycleJoe! You and John will get the Director’s cut version of how this all unfolded when we AirBnB together in Peoria!

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #55 - 08/16/22 at 04:46:20

The funny thing is... if you took all that treatment out of the room and tried to listen to the stereo without it you would have a brain hemorrhage. One you hear it and then remove it, everything sounds completely and I mean completely broken.

Great room!

WWW   IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #56 - 08/16/22 at 05:26:21

Thanks Steve—means a lot coming from you!

IP Logged
Tony
Seasoned Member

"Life without
..music is
inconceivable"
A.Einsteln

Reply #57 - 08/17/22 at 15:41:15

Steve recommended a simple room treatment step from above:

If you want something that anyone can do this week, carpet or not, to make the midrange of your speakers sound better, smoother, with better focus and clarity, place one of these rugs directly in front of your speaker, so the short edge of the rug touches the base of the speakers front side.  The diagonal pattern and lines are a large part of why this works, but also reduces the pressure wave that stands on the face of your speaker the whole time it is playing.

Mine arrived the other day, and I am pleased to report that they contributed to SQ improvement.

On another aspect of room treatment, John Darko has just released an excellent 30-minute podcast on the SQ change in his listening room after treatment.  Hearing the recorded differences before and after room treatment was helpful.

Check it out at:  https://darko.audio/2022/08/a-short-film-about-room-reverb-and-how-its-messing-
with-your-hi-fi/

SE84UFO25 | Ic0n4 Passive Preamp | ZBIT | Cambr. CXNv2 | Denafrips Pontus II | Denafrips Gaia | Decware I/Cs | Decware Pwr Cbls | ZWIRE Speaker Cbls | Omega SAHOM & KEF KC62 | Furman Cond l GIK Room Trmt
  IP Logged
mperdue63
Seasoned Member

Reply #58 - 08/18/22 at 00:41:30

Testing The Zen Master’s rug recommendation. Fresh from Amazon and they still really stink after two days in the sun!

free image hosting sites" alt="" title="" border="0" />

LHY SW10}HiFi Rose 130RS}Holo Audio May KTE}Decware Sarah #003}Spatial Audio X5's
  IP Logged
lazb
Seasoned Member

Reply #59 - 08/18/22 at 00:56:33

Bet you have plenty headroom with 2 UFOs and the X5s!?!?
Waiting on my 2nd UFO25thAnni for my X3s but seldom ever really need it.

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #60 - 08/18/22 at 01:00:12

In the case of these speakers the mat should be placed under the front feet and extend back about 6 inches.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Tony
Seasoned Member

"Life without
..music is
inconceivable"
A.Einsteln

Reply #61 - 08/18/22 at 03:44:23

Steve,

Same recommendation for Randy's OB speakers?

SE84UFO25 | Ic0n4 Passive Preamp | ZBIT | Cambr. CXNv2 | Denafrips Pontus II | Denafrips Gaia | Decware I/Cs | Decware Pwr Cbls | ZWIRE Speaker Cbls | Omega SAHOM & KEF KC62 | Furman Cond l GIK Room Trmt
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print