03/29/24 at 05:44:19 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
ZRock with XLR (Read 852 times)
mperdue63
Seasoned Member

ZRock with XLR
07/27/22 at 18:39:42

Would a ZRock with XLR jacks work with our balanced setups? I like(need) what the ZRock provides but it would be great if I didn't have to convert to RCA to use a ZRock. I'm thinking Balanced DAC-ZROCK(XLR)-ZTPRE-ZMA.
Thanks for the insight!

LHY SW10}HiFi Rose 130RS}Holo Audio May KTE}Decware Sarah #003}Spatial Audio X5's
  IP Logged
Bilyeaux
Seasoned Member

Re: ZRock with XLR
Reply #1 - 07/28/22 at 00:08:42

I have the UFO 2.1 with XLR and it wouldbe cool. I dont see getting anymore components as dont want to negate the balanced.

ARC LS25MK2, UFO2.1 & Denafrips Pontus II DAC, PSA P300 Regen, Rega P6 w/ NEO and Rega MM Phono, Marantz CD6006, Bluesound Node 2i, Nakamitchi Cassette, Syzygy Sub, Omega JR XRS Towers & 74' Heresy rebuilt from Crites, ZWIRE speaker, DSRXLR, AQ connects
  IP Logged
CAJames
Seasoned Member

"I've run every
red light on memory
lane."

Re: ZRock with XLR
Reply #2 - 07/28/22 at 10:31:13

Balanced is essentially a 4 channel signal and the ZRock is two channel. So you would need two, one for left + and -, and one for right + and -. I kinda doubt Decware would make such a thing but the only way to know would be to talk to Steve.

In theory you could do this with off the shelf ZRocks if you used custom interconnects that broke out the XLR into 2 RCAs on input then the reverse on output. This is the same kind of cable you use to run the UFO amps as balanced monoblocs. You can check out page 17 of the UFO manual for a picture.

Probably what you would need to do is:

DAC -> ZTPRE -> ZBIT ->  ZRock -> ZMA

[FOOBAR2000 | Jay's CDT2 MRK3] -> Denafrips Terminator 2 + Gaia
Sumiko Pearwood -> Mapleknoll Athena -> Luxman SUT -> Maple-tree Phono 3E
Woo WA22 -> 2x UFO25s, balanced monos
Omega SAM , Hifiman Arya, Senn HD-650
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print