04/20/24 at 00:49:41 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Qobuz questions (Read 1154 times)
Earthbound
Seasoned Member

Qobuz questions
07/23/22 at 20:33:35

So my streamer with ModWright dac arrives Wednesday and I have to set up my Qobuz account. I have a few questions and would appreciate if people using the service could give some advice.
1. For a few weeks, until the guy drills and runs lines, I have to use the Wi-Fi dongle. There seems to be different levels. Which one maximizes Cambridge cxn v2 capabilities?
2. What are the major differences between Qobuz subscriptions, studio vs sublime?
3. Lastly, what does Roon add to the equation? Don’t really need organization but I’ve read that it offers an equalizer of some sort.
Thanks in advance for any advice and/or suggestions.

IP Logged
Carlsbad
Seasoned Member

Re: Qobuz questions
Reply #1 - 07/23/22 at 21:01:28

no help with the first 2 questions.  I use Roon though and can answer question 3.  Roon does offer a digital equalizer of sorts.  I've played with it but don't use it.  I do find roon to be much better than native qobuz for organizing my albums and playing them. I do use that.  Roon can also be used for volume control if you are running directily from your dac to your amp without a pre.

Jerry

Decware SE84UFO w/20th mods
Grimm MU1 Streamer
Lampizator Golden Gate 3 DAC
Tekton Encore Speakers
  IP Logged
Earthbound
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 07/23/22 at 22:53:10

Thanks Jerry. Not sure for $10 a month will be needed to organize my playlists. But, not sure if Qobuz does any organizing of music. We will see!

IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 07/23/22 at 23:41:38

Earthbound,

1) I used the fixed volume output on both the CXN V2 and also on Roon. The cleanest signal streaming music. I adjust volume using me CSP3 preamp.

2) Unless you plan to buy a lot of album downloads (offered w/ Sublime subscription) get the Studio Plan. It's a great deal - same HiRez streaming with both plans.

3) Do some reading up on Roon. It allows you access to a number of streaming services (w/ subscription), music stored on the computer hard drive, and improves the SQ of streamed music. Remember, the CXN V2 is Roon Ready and acts as a Roon endpoint (connects easily to your Roon Core). I have my Core on a desktop with an Intel I7 processor and 16GB of memory + a strong WiFi set up. You'll need a pretty fast computer and WiFi set up, or desktop computer with an Ethernet cable to utilize Roon.

Enjoy!

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
Earthbound
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 07/24/22 at 00:27:05

Thanks Hockessinkid. I don’t have any music stored on devices, just my Apple Music which will be cancelled soon. So for now, no Roon. I did read that the Sublime package was  really only needed for permanent purchases/downloads. Not interested. Studio it is!

IP Logged
Earthbound
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 07/24/22 at 00:41:21

A dongle question(never thought I’d write those words in my life!), any recommendations for a 5g dongle for the Cambridge cxn v2? I use an iPad and iPhone.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print