Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/25/24 at 05:26:12 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Antique Electronic Supply (Read 1656 times)
Tony
Seasoned Member

"Life without
..music is
inconceivable"
A.Einsteln

Antique Electronic Supply
07/16/22 at 03:57:44

I stumbled upon a source of tubes called the Antique Electronic Supply, which looks promising with apparently a large inventory. I searched the forum for references, and I found a few, mainly before 2016.  

I have had excellent luck with purchases from Surplus Sales of Nebraska. Have people recently purchased from Antique Electronics and found them to be positive? With few current references on the forum, I wondered if they had fallen out of favor for some reason.

Tony

SE84UFO25 | Ic0n4 Passive Preamp | ZBIT | Cambr. CXNv2 | Denafrips Pontus II | Denafrips Gaia | Decware I/Cs | Decware Pwr Cbls | ZWIRE Speaker Cbls | Omega SAHOM & KEF KC62 | Furman Cond l GIK Room Trmt
  IP Logged
CAJames
Seasoned Member

"I've run every
red light on memory
lane."

Re: Antique Electronic Supply
Reply #1 - 07/16/22 at 15:45:44

I have not bought tubes from them but I have bought other stuff and they were fine. I don't recall anyone having problems with them, here or else where.

[FOOBAR2000 | Jay's CDT2 MRK3] -> Denafrips Terminator 2 + Gaia
Sumiko Pearwood -> Mapleknoll Athena -> Luxman SUT -> Maple-tree Phono 3E
Woo WA22 -> 2x UFO25s, balanced monos
Omega SAM , Hifiman Arya, Senn HD-650
  IP Logged
BicycleJoe Lo-Fi
Seasoned Member

It's all in one
note, Just Listen

Reply #2 - 07/17/22 at 21:28:28

I have gotten glass from them and never had a problem, they were out of the T-shirts I wanted though.

"Once there was a note, pure and easy,playing so free like a breath rippling by,the note is eternal, I hear it, it sees me,forever we blend and forever we die".
  IP Logged
Kahuna Jack
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 08/15/22 at 20:27:39

it looks like the company has switched gears a bit since I used them in late 80's early 90's . looks like they have alot of reproduction parts for musical instruments and current production tubes where as before they stocked tone of vintage tubes and alot of antique radio restoration stuff like grill cloth, knobs ,parts to restore your old timey radio. It didnt even look like the same company when I recently viewed web page but it is.

I use to buy handfuls of 12ax7's, 6dj8's and 6c10's from them before I realized that I was just buying other peoples culls ( as they purchased private collections as well )  and I probably was lucky to get 2 decent tubes out of 30 ordered. Keep in mind that nos 6dj8's and 6c10's were pissy temperamental tubes to begin with .  I had an amp tech friend that had the same experience and he was the one who enlightened me to the 'cull purchasing' fact.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print