Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
SE84UFO2.1 Delays? (Read 2297 times)
Ricardo
Verified Member

SE84UFO2.1 Delays?
06/29/22 at 15:40:20

Hi Everyone,

I've recently ordered a SE84UFO2.1 from Decware, and naturally, I now live on the waiting list, with counts and whatnot to find out how many folks I still have in front of me. If my math is right, the amp should arrive around my 40th birthday, which means that despite the time it takes, it'll end up as the perfect gift to self!

Now that that's out of the way, I've noticed that the SE84UFO2.1 on the list are all in "New" status, with other models of orders placed at a later stage moving ahead of these. The way I'm reading this is - There's a shortage of a given part for the UFO2.1.. Can't be anything too drastic, as the 25th anniversary ones are still moving. Well, either this, or Steve just created a UFO2.2 and didn't tell anyone about it.

My question is - is this something I should be worried about? Any sort of delay that is expected to be resolved quickly, or not really, and maybe I should reconsider a different model? Or maybe I'm just paranoid, who knows!

Thanks, and cheers from Portugal

IP Logged
ChJKy (Chris)
Verified Member

Re: SE84UFO2.1 Delays?
Reply #1 - 06/30/22 at 10:43:10

Hello Ricardo,

You have done the most important part which is to get on the list. At your current spot, you have about 2.7 years to wait. During that time you will hopefully spend some time on the forum learning a lot about Decware amps and audio equipment and interconnects, etc.. and meeting some interesting and very knowledgeable, if not opinionated, folks.

I would not worry about the state of the queue too much. If your plan is to own a Decware amp, then the wait is worth it. I myself have already been waiting 7 months and have another year to go. During that time I have changed my order from a Taboo MK4 to now a Torii MK5 and may consider the Sarah.

I wouldn't think you would need to change anything about your order due to shortages, which a few of us do think is the current issue (could just be a chassis shortage for ex.). Only change your order if you think you want something else as your spot in the queue would not change.

Happy waiting.

IP Logged
Tony
Seasoned Member

"Life without
..music is
inconceivable"
A.Einsteln

Reply #2 - 06/30/22 at 14:49:27

Well said ChJKy:

You have done the most important part which is to get on the list. At your current spot, you have about 2.7 years to wait. During that time you will hopefully spend some time on the forum learning a lot about Decware amps and audio equipment and interconnects, etc.. and meeting some interesting and very knowledgeable, if not opinionated, folks.

That comment matches my experience to a T.

SE84UFO25 | Ic0n4 Passive Preamp | ZBIT | Cambr. CXNv2 | Denafrips Pontus II | Denafrips Gaia | Media Converter | Decware I/Cs | Decware Pwr Cbls | ZWIRE Speaker Cbls | Omega SAHOM & KEF KC62 | Furman Cond l GIK Room Trmt
  IP Logged
Ricardo
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 06/30/22 at 15:39:52

Thank you both.

I do agree that being on the list is the most important step - not an easy decision considering the waiting times and the intercontinental shipping.. plus, Portugal has a tough tax policy - that being said, I trust is indeed well worth it.

I've been lurking in the forums and it is fun - the folks are indeed opinated, and I'm glad they are, otherwise, it would be a listing of measurements instead of a conversation, and for me, music is way more than just that.

The problem with the forums is that you get excited about stuff, and that means that despite the waiting time ahead, I may need to upgrade my order before i even get it..  [smiley=10.gif] This will be interesting..

IP Logged
Tony
Seasoned Member

"Life without
..music is
inconceivable"
A.Einsteln

Reply #4 - 06/30/22 at 18:14:59

From above:

The problem with the forums is that you get excited about stuff, which means that despite the waiting time ahead, I may need to upgrade my order before I even get it..  [smiley=10.gif] This will be interesting..

Ricardo,

I was thinking about being in your situation, dealing with a long wait.  When I was a young man, say in my 60's Smiley I don't know if I could have been so patient.

My advice: Think through your purchase and then go for as much as you can afford  - don't hold back - place the order.  Later, you can change your mind about one amp for another or cancel something without penalty, but you may not be able to add to the initial order.  You can add, however, by making another order.

Also, follow the Decware classifieds daily.  I found some excellent components there.  

Good luck, and as others have said, it is well worth the wait.

SE84UFO25 | Ic0n4 Passive Preamp | ZBIT | Cambr. CXNv2 | Denafrips Pontus II | Denafrips Gaia | Media Converter | Decware I/Cs | Decware Pwr Cbls | ZWIRE Speaker Cbls | Omega SAHOM & KEF KC62 | Furman Cond l GIK Room Trmt
  IP Logged
Ricardo
Verified Member

Reply #5 - 06/30/22 at 18:59:30

Hi Tony. Despite me being slightly younger, I won’t have a choice about the wait.. I think that the Audio Gods Steve keeps referring to have already claimed my soul.. meanwhile, I am no longer the expecting owner of a UFO… Spoke to Sarah and swapped it for a 300B. And now we wait

IP Logged
Dr3wman
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 06/30/22 at 20:06:26

Ricardo -

Looks like the parts may have arrived as many of the UFO2.1's are now either "Parts Pulled" or "On Bench" .

Torii MKV/25 mods
PS Audio Stellar Phono Preamplifier
Technics SL-1200GR w/ Nagaoka MP-200.
KLH Model 3 speakers..
Sonos connect.
  IP Logged
Ricardo
Verified Member

Reply #7 - 07/07/22 at 08:21:54

Indeed... but it's too late for me - I've sold my sould to the 300B now..

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print