Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/20/24 at 14:59:18 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Tekton Perfect SET 15? (Read 1205 times)
Dr.Mau
Verified Member

Tekton Perfect SET 15?
06/08/22 at 16:42:24

I know this topic has been asked repeatedly, however I have a SE34 on order and I would love a great speaker to pair it with, I love jazz, pop, rock, blues and even electronic and rap, so I was wondering if any of you has had experience with the Tekton speakers or even the Omega jr 8 XRS, I feel like the omega would need a sub for the rap and electronic, but whats been your experience?

Smileyfor your support!

IP Logged
Sean
Seasoned Member

Re: Tekton Perfect SET 15?
Reply #1 - 06/08/22 at 21:29:43

Eh, what's up Doc! Sorry, had to! I'm using the newer 7 array Pendragons with a an older SE84C-EX and no sub. Took me awhile to get things sorted. How loud do you like to listen? How big is your room? My room isn't the best, but using sound panels and a big diffuser, I'm very happy. Before doing treatments, the speakers just screamed at me. After figuring out the sound reflections and adding bass traps in the front corners I don't have the need for a sub. I'm a mostly rock, blues, some jazz, funk, acoustic listener. Last night I had record 4 of Pink Floyd's Pulse on, there's a couple extended deep bass parts, the Pens handled each one. They don't hit like SVS speakers, but then again they don't send daggers into your ears up high like SVS either.

I have no doubt the Perfect Sets, 10 or 15 would work the SE34. Eric Alexander, the Tekton owner, created the SET for low watt tubes. Even though most of his offerings are mid 90db sensitivity he prefers using high watt SS amps.

Technics 1210G, AT OC9III, Cinemag 1254 SUT, ZP3, CSP2+, SE84UFO, Tekton Pendragon

Schiit Bifrost, Mac Mini, Roon
  IP Logged
Dr.Mau
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 06/08/22 at 23:38:33

Hey Thanks, my room is big and a bit challenging acoustically, But I intend to give it some room treatment in the near future!

Tahnk you so much for the information and opinion!

IP Logged
flargosa

Reply #3 - 06/09/22 at 07:54:28

I have owned the monitor version of the Omega jr 8, back when Omega sold it.  I also have the Omega Super 3 XRS, also recently got the Tekton perfect SET 2-10.  I called Tekton prior to ordering, what Eric (Tekton designer) told me was to go for the PS 2-10, it's a better fit for my amps with better bass than the PS 15. I have the 2.3 watt Decware and 8 watt 300b. I expected Eric to suggest the PS 15.

For jazz, rock, blues Tekton will sound, bigger and fuller.   For mostly vocals, with guitars and simpler musical arrangements, the Omega wins.    If you want coherence the Omegas, for resolution and bass the Tektons.  

Sources: 2Qute, Hugo 2, Rega P5, Marantz SACD 8005.
Amps: Decware SE84UFO2, Torii, Nelson Pass Aleph, Elekit 8600s
Speakers: Tekton, Golden Ear Triton Two, HD800S.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print