Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 13:04:03 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Decware ZMF collaboration? (Read 1953 times)
Nick324

Decware ZMF collaboration?
06/06/22 at 01:27:03

Rumors of a Decware / ZMF collaboration are making their way through the HP forums. Steve, What are you collaborating on w/ Zach? Will it be a brand  new HP amp or are you tweaking a Taboo or CSP for him to offer as a package deal of some kind under the ZMF brand? Why is there no talk of this here, did i miss a thread somewhere?

Innuos Zenith MKIII > Lampizator Baltic3 > Vinnie Rossi L2iSE > SE341.5 or SE84UFO25, >> Heresy, K-horn, Philharmonic BMR, Ωmega Super 6XRS Alnico, LSIM703, Falcon LS3/5A, Steve's TR’s, Tube-Tots.
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Re: Decware ZMF collaboration?
Reply #1 - 06/06/22 at 02:21:35

I have designed a full out assault CSP3 style headphone amp / line stage for ZMF. We begin production of it this summer. I have hired a contractor to build this so that ZMF sales have no effect on Decware productivity.  Nothing has been said because it's not my place to speak about it, but if word is out than I guess it's no problem.

I decided to do this reference piece for Zach rather than Decware because his clientele are much more focused on a high dollar headphone experience and I think we would sell a lot more that way.  A CSP3 with full anniversary mods comes close but this is noticeably better and it should be, the whole thing is super tedious to build and is using way over the top parts.  Parts so different the chassis had to be designed from scratch to accommodate them.  If you live in your headphones and want a reference OTL headphone amplifier / line stage I seriously doubt you'll find anything that sounds even close for the money.

That's all I'm going to say about it.  You'll have to wait until it is released from ZMF to learn more.

-Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Nick324

Re: Decware ZMF collaboration?
Reply #2 - 06/06/22 at 03:30:28

Nice…I used to tell folks how good my Old CSP2 sounded and how well it played w/Dynamic drivers. Very much looking forward to your new design. Sweet, I’m happy I asked, thank you for the efforts and the design update!

Innuos Zenith MKIII > Lampizator Baltic3 > Vinnie Rossi L2iSE > SE341.5 or SE84UFO25, >> Heresy, K-horn, Philharmonic BMR, Ωmega Super 6XRS Alnico, LSIM703, Falcon LS3/5A, Steve's TR’s, Tube-Tots.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print