03/29/24 at 09:07:01 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Wires? (Read 2596 times)
Earthbound
Seasoned Member

Wires?
05/29/22 at 14:18:37

Okay so now that the components have been ordered, connector cables are next. The Zu speakers have an option for the zdub plug connector with spade ends. The wire is silver/copper, with silver being the dominant metal. Reviews have claimed the zdub connection is better. Any opinions?
Second, I figured I would use Decware interconnectors. There are a few so any advice would be great. Is rca ends okay?
Lastly, the Zen line conditioner. I certainly need something to plug everything into instead of the power strip I have now. A must?
Thanks in advance

IP Logged
EdwardT
Seasoned Member

Re: Wires?
Reply #1 - 05/29/22 at 14:53:51

I think that spade connectors give the best attachment option regardless of the cable used. RCAs are an industry standard for single ended ins and outs making them another good choice. Beyond that cable choice is the province of the individual user, I like Mogami and Canari wire for interconnects but that's not saying they’re better than Steve's wire products which I have not experienced.

IP Logged
Earthbound
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 05/29/22 at 15:04:32

Thanks Edwardt. I sort of have to order all the cables ahead of time. Not sure how long those purchases take to get from Decware. Also, speakers will arrive in a couple months so I would like to use old amp with new cables and speakers. At least I will get “newish” sound through the old system before Decware amps arrive. 😄

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3 - 05/29/22 at 15:12:20

I'm pretty sure that Steve contracts out the power cable making and perhaps the other cabling. I ordered a power cable a few months ago and received it in ten days, so it's quite possible that if you ordered cabling you would receive them quickly, as IIRC a few others here on the board have reported receiving new cabling recently rather quickly.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Sean
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 05/29/22 at 16:07:51

I ordered a pair of power cords Monday, they arrived yesterday. Can't speak for wait time on interconnects.

Mofi StudioDeck, AT OC9III, Cinemag 1254 SUT, ZP3, CSP2+, SE84UFO, Tekton Pendragon

Schiit Bifrost, Mac Mini, Roon
  IP Logged
Earthbound
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 05/29/22 at 16:33:24

Thanks Lon and Sean. Good to hear. I suppose if Steve has them on his site they are good enough for my ears.

IP Logged
Earthbound
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 06/01/22 at 02:09:11

So I purchased the interconnect cables from Decware, the dsr3s. So, I think I’m good for now in that department. What do I plug everything into? I read about the Zenline conditioner and thought good choice. Then I saw some recommend the ps audio. So I looked at the different models and was wondering if the powerplant3 would be sufficient for the mk5, csp3, zrock and Cambridge cxn. It happens to be on quite a good sale right now. Thanks in advance

IP Logged
Bilyeaux
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 06/01/22 at 13:21:09

I have the P3 for my system and really like it. Have never overloaded it, have amp, pre, CD, phono stage, all plugged in. Used also with my S300Steller amp no issues.

ARC LS25MK2, UFO2.1 & Denafrips Pontus II DAC, PSA P300 Regen, Rega P6 w/ NEO and Rega MM Phono, Marantz CD6006, Bluesound Node 2i, Nakamitchi Cassette, Syzygy Sub, Omega JR XRS Towers & 74' Heresy rebuilt from Crites, ZWIRE speaker, DSRXLR, AQ connects
  IP Logged
Earthbound
Seasoned Member

Reply #8 - 06/01/22 at 20:03:17

Good to hear Bilyeaux. Thanks. I think I read that Lon thought it would be a good choice as well. I really like the next one up but at over $5000, it’s a tough. Hopefully some more members will share their thoughts.

IP Logged
Yakatak
Verified Member

Reply #9 - 06/02/22 at 06:34:42

Unfortunately, that great sale price on the P3 evaporated away this morning Smiley

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #10 - 06/02/22 at 09:59:10

It would be worth a call to them to see if they would still offer it to you. They are known to work with customers towards a good deal.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Earthbound
Seasoned Member

Reply #11 - 06/03/22 at 11:07:48

The deal ended June 1st but Lon you were correct. I called and Aaron the sale manager happened to pick up and he was gracias enough to extend the deal. He also threw in a couple of spare fuses. $2500 to $1600 is quite the deal. I usually look into equipment more but time was a factor here. I hope this fits the bill. Certainly is better then my existing equipment. Reviews seem favorable.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #12 - 06/03/22 at 11:44:32

I'm glad they extended the sale for you, I had a hunch they would. I think you will enjoy the regenerator. I was among the first to get the original P300, then I bought a Power Plant Premier, a P5, a P10 and a P15. The last two I still have in use and I shudder to think of a system without them. Especially good for tube amps.

IP Logged
Earthbound
Seasoned Member

Reply #13 - 06/03/22 at 20:35:56

Thanks Lon. I sort of just ordered it blind. I had read a thread where you recommended it to a forum member. I will be using only 4 of the 7 outlets and shouldn’t be drawing too much power. I initially looked into to ensure safe power delivery and power spike resistance to preserve the components. Nice to hear that many can hear sound and performance improvements as well. An unexpected bonus!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print