Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 12:44:20 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Electron microscope slow-motion video of vinyl LP (Read 1229 times)
BicycleJoe Lo-Fi
Seasoned Member

It's all in one
note, Just Listen

Electron microscope slow-motion video of vinyl LP
05/28/22 at 10:23:14

a stop motion animation of a phonograph needle in an LP groove using an electron microscope. Also shown are electron micrographs of other recording media.
Applied Science Video:https://youtu.be/GuCdsyCWmt8

"Once there was a note, pure and easy,playing so free like a breath rippling by,the note is eternal, I hear it, it sees me,forever we blend and forever we die".
  IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Re: Electron microscope slow-motion video of vinyl LP
Reply #1 - 05/28/22 at 16:52:18

Really great video.  Thanks for posting that!

ZLC
Technics 1200G TT w/ Ortofon Jubilee MC cart
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Homemade Big Betsy Speakers (F15s)
Silver Cabling
DIY Isolation platforms under amps & TT.
  IP Logged
BicycleJoe Lo-Fi
Seasoned Member

It's all in one
note, Just Listen

Reply #2 - 05/28/22 at 20:49:42

Pretty cool Archie, a friend of mine just got his hands on a fully working Scully lathe. And the people at Sound Smith have a Neumann cutter.
Jack White has his own state of the art third man records plant that's open to the public. McCartney has had McCartney III pressed there.
Now Award-winning record producer and musician, T Bone Burnett, has announced that he is developing a new physical music format called Ionic Original. The format combines some of the materials used in both vinyl and CDs to create durable, one-of-a-kind analogue discs

Seems Vinyl is thriving

https://www.freep.com/story/entertainment/music/brian-mccollum/2022/04/03/jack-w...

"Once there was a note, pure and easy,playing so free like a breath rippling by,the note is eternal, I hear it, it sees me,forever we blend and forever we die".
  IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #3 - 08/30/22 at 00:28:19

Just watched the first video and believe me this where the words gob smacked apply! Especially about the RCA video disc. My head is still spinning. But so importantly is the video of the stylus riding in the record groove. See just how little actually is in the groove? So when we discuss stylus cleaning or even the different adjustments for the stylus, it should change your perspective about what is actually happening. Looking at that video also easily explains the need for good record cleaning. And on I go. But really, this video is the best that I have seen for application of more understanding about this analog miracle.

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
Fidget
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 09/02/22 at 02:49:54

To me they're all amazing, but it's the mechanical nature of vinyl playback that really gets me.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print