Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 22:03:56 

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Who are DECWARE customers? (Read 8863 times)
Same Old DD
Seasoned Member

Re: Who are DECWARE customers?
Reply #50 - 05/22/22 at 23:58:00

Edsonic, very clever. I'm talking about the Rosebud and other movie reference.

Thank you. We needed that.

... also for your recognizing those many and few in far away lands.
Only wish we could all share a fire and some music.
There would be nothing to fight about.

SE84Cs Mono'ed, Lii Audio F15 OB, W15 "H" Frame Subwoofer, McIntosh MC2500, Lazarus Pre, Dual TT, Ortofon, Kleenline Iso Power, Revox, Crown R-R, Pioneer Elite Digital Source
  IP Logged
Mannytheseacow
Ex Member

Reply #51 - 05/23/22 at 01:53:41

[color=#cccccc]“The wonderful thing about this community is that it extends beyond boarders, race and politics.  It's just people who love seeing how good they can get music to sound.

Here is a screen shot of the past 30 days of activity on the new part of the website. The new site has it's own tracking built-in.”
[/color]

So cool, Steve! Thanks for sharing !

IP Logged
Earthbound
Seasoned Member

Reply #52 - 05/29/22 at 17:19:24

Ministry of Truth! I always felt 1984 should be required reading in high school Archie. It sends an important message.
The circles look like the nuke map website! Yikes
Glad to see some humans embracing quality sounding music and focusing on the good things life and this world have to offer. Now Steve needs to set up another shop in Europe and cut this waiting list in half! Lol

IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #53 - 05/29/22 at 17:29:57

Quote:
Ministry of Truth! I always felt 1984 should be required reading in high school Archie. It sends an important message.

Unfortunately, what Orwell wrote as a warning is being used as an instruction manual.   Cry

ZLC
Technics 1200G TT w/ Ortofon Jubilee MC cart
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Homemade Big Betsy Speakers (F15s)
Silver Cabling
DIY Isolation platforms under amps & TT.
  IP Logged
EdwardT
Seasoned Member

Reply #54 - 05/29/22 at 17:42:28

After watching a couple of years of Eurovision I wonder what the lone customer in Iceland is listening to…

IP Logged
piezoman
Ex Member

Reply #55 - 05/29/22 at 18:21:39

Quote:
Unfortunately, what Orwell wrote as a warning is being used as an instruction manual.

Clear, concise, and absolutely accurate.

IP Logged
piezoman
Ex Member

Reply #56 - 05/29/22 at 18:24:29

Quote:

Thank you for that post. You are dead nuts right. And it’s great to know another one to repel the living hell that’s been unleashed upon us.

IP Logged
Edsonic
Seasoned Member

Reply #57 - 05/29/22 at 19:43:41

I'm not seeing the connection between the book 1984 and the commercial intrusion of privacy in practice today.

In that book, Big Brother referred to a totalitarian government. In today's corporate implementation, behavioral surveillance is literally in your pocket via "smart phone," in your house via "smart" TV, "smart" lights, doorbell, garage door, washing machine, etc, in your computer - if its ever connected to the internet, whole house monitoring and surveillance via Google Home, Alexa, et al.

Dept. of Homeland Security and National Security Agency will share what relatively limited information they have with LE or other relevant agencies.

Google, Facebook, Amazon, Chrome, etc. -each- have 1,000+ times more info on you than the above government agencies combined, and sell that info to thousands of businesses who pay a subscription for it.

IP Logged
piezoman
Ex Member

Reply #58 - 05/29/22 at 23:06:43

Total ignorance on display.

Wow, holy blank.

IP Logged
Dana
Seasoned Member

Reply #59 - 05/30/22 at 18:36:47

How did you get your signature to say
Posted by: piezoman - Ex Member?

It doesn't state how many posts you contributed.

The first step to removing oneself from the evils of intrusive technology

Smiley Smiley

Tom Waits:
And the newspapers were fooling,
And the ash-trays have retired
'Cause the piano has been drinking,
The piano has been drinking
The piano has been drinking,
Not me, not me, not me, not me, not me
  IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #60 - 05/30/22 at 21:42:21

The secret to getting that kind of moniker is to berate other members and discuss your political beliefs here after you have been warned not to.

Either play by the rules or play somewhere else.

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
lazb
Seasoned Member

Reply #61 - 05/30/22 at 21:52:30

a shame Donnie had to act but delighted that he did

IP Logged
JD
Seasoned Member

Reply #62 - 05/30/22 at 22:10:24

Edsonic,

Thank you for making sense.

JD

IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #63 - 05/31/22 at 00:13:25

Well, he pushed the "line" but now we are on the slippery slope.  Watch what you post.

BTW, some may have heard the old saying, "Power corrupts . . ."  God help us if some here ever get "absolute power!"

ZLC
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Silver Cabling
  IP Logged
jec3504
Ex Member

Reply #64 - 05/31/22 at 00:41:16

Well anyone else on the list getting a MK5 and has all the Decware gear and Cryotone tubes that will answer all of my questions?  Oh boy from a purely selfish position.

IP Logged
Edsonic
Seasoned Member

Reply #65 - 05/31/22 at 00:55:58

JD,

You're welcome, and thank you for your kind response. I just got tired of the nonsense of having an issue that is 100% from the private sector being clumsily dragged into the realm of Big Government, Big Brother, etc. It's worse than disingenuous, it's outright dishonest.

Next:
Quote:
Well, he pushed the "line"

Maybe you consider repeated unprovoked putrid insults to one of the forum's most valued contributors 'pushing the line.' I feel reasonably assured that many here considered it exceedingly vile and mean spirited, not to mention tacky and puerile.

And utterly tiresome.

Quote:
Watch what you post.

Indeed.

- Thank you, Donnie. -

IP Logged
effluviography
Seasoned Member

Reply #66 - 05/31/22 at 01:16:36

One of the few people who didn't seem to understand that this is an audio forum. Thank you Donnie. I tried to remind him of this several times and all he did was trash me and call me a rat.

Now that the tornado warning is over here, I can listen to some music. Cheers to you all - Scott

|| Mini-Torii & CSP-3 | Analog: ZP-3, Technics SL-1210GR & Ortofon 2m Black | Digital: Z-Box, Denafrips Ares 2, Iris DDC, Roon & Mac Mini | Omega CAM's & Deep-Hemp Sub | ZMF Atticus | 2x Emotiva CMX-6 | Decware Styx, Power & IC's | Supra Exc. USB | NOS Tubes ||
  IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #67 - 05/31/22 at 01:18:45

Ed,

I missed your post above and only just now read it.  I think the mistake you make is that you don't seem to think that the corporation and government surveillance are connected.  They are hand in glove.

And no one denies that this is an audio forum but a lot of the fun is in going off on tangents that may be off topic and non-audio.  I'm worried that while you know who was arguably out of line and perhaps extreme, the slope is well greased and completely subjective.

ZLC
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Silver Cabling
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #68 - 05/31/22 at 01:24:37

But Archie, we should watch what we say. Steve has made it clear, by placing a sticky on each forum here, that this is to be a place where politics are not welcome or discussed. Talking about property taxes as a tool of oppression, or government and corporate surveillance, IS talking politics.

We should watch what we speak of, and those are areas we should not be speaking of. I agree it's fun to go off on tangents, but we shouldn't go off on tangents that lead to discussions of politics. And . . . we're living in a political world, politics can be reached by many tangents.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #69 - 05/31/22 at 02:36:08

That's clear enough.  There are many ways of touching on politics.  I certainly don't like personal attacks and aren't trying to defend them in any way.  I just see politics as too broad and subject to too much interpretation to ban as a topic.  

Honestly, I'm getting bored with the fragility of so many.  While not exactly shadow-banning, what's happening here seems to me as bad.  When it becomes necessary to watch closely everything you say so as not to offend, because so many are so easily offended, then maybe it's time to find other pastures.  

I am just a guest here and maybe I've overstayed my welcome.  This Forum used to seem like a place to relax but for me anyway, that time feels like it's passed.

Oh well, given the two to three year wait, it's not like I'll be buying more Decware anyway.

ZLC
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Silver Cabling
  IP Logged
CAJames
Seasoned Member

"I've run every
red light on memory
lane."

Reply #70 - 05/31/22 at 02:56:06

Quote:
Posted by: Archie      Posted on: Today at 02:36:08
...I just see politics as too broad and subject to too much interpretation to ban as a topic.  

pol·i·tics
/ˈpäləˌtiks/
noun
the activities associated with the governance of a country or other area, especially the debate or conflict among individuals or parties having or hoping to achieve power.

I don't see how that overlaps with discussing audio in any way at all.

[FOOBAR2000 | Jay's CDT2 MRK3] -> Denafrips Terminator 2 + Gaia
Sumiko Pearwood -> Mapleknoll Athena -> Luxman SUT -> Maple-tree Phono 3E
Woo WA22 -> 2x UFO25s, balanced monos
Omega SAM , Hifiman Arya, Senn HD-650
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #71 - 05/31/22 at 03:07:32

Well Archie it's Steve's house and its HIS rule. As I said you can go off on a tangent that will be political or will become political and there's a mindfulness requisite to stay within the rules.

I wasn't even aware of the rule til last year and when I did become aware I strove to toe the line. It hasn't been as much fun here, in my opinion not because of the rule but because of the flaunting of it.

Not my rules, but the host's. I fully expect to honor the rules of a host or not visit or expect a dressing down. . . .

We don't want you to go anywhere, it seems really pretty easy to steer clear of topics that are political or lead to politics.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Earthbound
Seasoned Member

Reply #72 - 05/31/22 at 03:22:01

It doesn’t. When people are active in forums and spend a lot of time discussing things and becoming friendly with them, content expands. I see it in the watch forum I’m active in and certainly the Harley forum I used to visit. People are people. It seems inevitable. But, rules are rules. It’s a shame to see anyone who is quite active go.

IP Logged
Edsonic
Seasoned Member

Reply #73 - 05/31/22 at 03:57:45

He was quite active with the personal insults, no question.

IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #74 - 05/31/22 at 10:44:43

To be honest, I didn't want to do it, but it had to be done.

Personal attacks on other members is what truly pushed things over the edge.

Discussion can and will move "Off Topic" and yes I understand that there are many different opinions here, and that will be respected. But please don't attack each other.

Donnie

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
Tony
Seasoned Member

"Life without
..music is
inconceivable"
A.Einsteln

Reply #75 - 05/31/22 at 13:57:21

Hi Donnie,

It was a tough decision to make on your part, and as a daily reader and sometimes contributor to the forum, I much appreciated it.  Thanks for stepping in when it was necessary.

SE84UFO25 | Ic0n4 Passive Preamp | ZBIT | Cambr. CXNv2 | Denafrips Pontus II | Denafrips Gaia | Media Converter | Decware I/Cs | Decware Pwr Cbls | ZWIRE Speaker Cbls | Omega SAHOM & KEF KC62 | Furman Cond l GIK Room Trmt
  IP Logged
jec3504
Ex Member

Reply #76 - 05/31/22 at 14:04:12

Guess Donnie went into battle red mode.

IP Logged
Edsonic
Seasoned Member

Reply #77 - 05/31/22 at 14:48:59

Yes, for those who like a heavy element of WWE in their audio discussions, this is truly a sad day.

IP Logged
Sean
Seasoned Member

Reply #78 - 05/31/22 at 17:00:04

Rules are rules, rules have consequences when not followed...I'm looking forward to being able to feed my curiosities here peacefully without getting "triggered".

My view on websites tracking is this: when used nefariously I hate it. However, the sheer amount of tracking info out there just may lessen the value of that info?

Mofi StudioDeck, AT OC9III, Cinemag 1254 SUT, ZP3, CSP2+, SE84UFO, Tekton Pendragon

Schiit Bifrost, Mac Mini, Roon
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #79 - 05/31/22 at 17:01:42

Earthbound wrote on 05/31/22 at 03:22:01:
It doesn’t.

I maintain that it can be easy with some thought before posting. I am a daily poster on two music forums where political discussion is forbidden. With a bit of practice and forethought very varied and spirited conversations can be had that do not have to involve political themes. Of course for some in this time politics is a part of all their thoughts and activities. Those persons who cannot post without moving into political postings arguably aren't a good fit here.

And of course bullying and insulting should not be tolerated, that's not a part of civil discussion and information sharing.

IP Logged
Earthbound
Seasoned Member

Reply #80 - 05/31/22 at 20:03:11

I agree Lon. “It doesn’t” was referring to the definition of politics posted and how it is t related to audio material. You’re absolutely right. Just have some restraint and certainly don’t make it personal.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #81 - 05/31/22 at 20:08:52

Gotcha, I interpreted that wrong. Agree.

IP Logged
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Reply #82 - 05/31/22 at 21:38:47

Quote:
Well anyone else on the list getting a MK5 and has all the Decware gear and Cryotone tubes that will answer all of my questions?  Oh boy from a purely selfish position.

I'm only a few spots behind Brad.

I have a full set of Cryotone tubes, 0A3-WC, 12AU7-WCL, ECC88-WC, 5U4GB-WC, KT77-WC and 0C2-WC however the 0C2 isn't applicable to the MK5. My MK5 broke the 200 spot in the list so I'll have some feedback for you once it arrives.

I also have a bunch of other tubes to try. Sophia Electric EL34, GL KT66, Tungsol 7027a, Shuguang 6CA7, JJ 6CA7, and others.

I'll run it with the stock tubes first. After that I'm most likely going to run EML 5u4g, GL KT77, EH Gold Pin 6922, Westinghouse 0A3 (Or Cryotone 0A3)

I don't have a CSP3 or CSP25TH. I did have a CSP3-25th once upon a time.

Where are you in the queue?

Maximus NEO TT|ViV Rigid Float TA | Phasemation PP-200 or Hana ML | Sutherland Little Loco MK2 | Innuos ZENith MK3 | LampizatOr GA TRP | EMIA Remote Autoformer | Add-Powr Sorcer x4 | Snake River Audio Cables | PAP Quintet 15 1.6 Voxativ |Torus AVR15|AF Treatment
  IP Logged
jec3504
Ex Member

Reply #83 - 05/31/22 at 21:55:03

GroovySauce,

#10 on the list. Looking to build a second system using the Mk5. Using F15's and a W15 with my Schiit system.

Thanks for asking.

Joseph

IP Logged
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Reply #84 - 05/31/22 at 22:32:27

Joseph,

What is your main system?

I'm keeping my MK4 for a second system.

Maximus NEO TT|ViV Rigid Float TA | Phasemation PP-200 or Hana ML | Sutherland Little Loco MK2 | Innuos ZENith MK3 | LampizatOr GA TRP | EMIA Remote Autoformer | Add-Powr Sorcer x4 | Snake River Audio Cables | PAP Quintet 15 1.6 Voxativ |Torus AVR15|AF Treatment
  IP Logged
jec3504
Ex Member

Reply #85 - 06/01/22 at 05:09:54

Pi4> Schiit Bifrost2> Freya+ >2 Aegir >Klipsch RP-600M> F15s and a w15

Still need a lot of gear for the Mk5.

IP Logged
Bottlehead
Seasoned Member

Reply #86 - 06/01/22 at 07:52:08

Donnie for President. (I don't mean that politically).

Randy

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #87 - 06/01/22 at 13:22:59

0C2-WC . . . is Wathen now cryo treating this tube type?

IP Logged
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Reply #88 - 06/01/22 at 13:30:37

Quote:
Pi4> Schiit Bifrost2> Freya+ >2 Aegir >Klipsch RP-600M> F15s and a w15

Looks like a solid system to me. What's the plans with the MK5?

Quote:
0C2-WC . . . is Wathen now cry treating this tube type?

Yes. I emailed and asked. They sent me an invoice. If I recall correctly they are the same price as the 0A3. Took 10 days to get them as they needed to process them.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #89 - 06/01/22 at 13:38:13

Thanks. I'll make an inquiry on other tube types then.

IP Logged
safebelayer
Seasoned Member

Reply #90 - 06/01/22 at 14:26:20

Steve starts a thread which immediately heads in a direction that invites political/philosophical discourse. One member sends a vile PM to another, then more discourse, Steve gets his tender feelings hurt and swears at the room, others contribute, a member notes ignorance of another member and then gets kicked out.

Tell me more about the justness of this final action. Please, help me understand how saying someone is ignorant violates good taste beyond that of the company owner being foul in a forum entry or a member privately telling another member a vile comment? Maybe he should have followed the lead of the company owner and used an f-bomb. Much classier.

Rules! What rules? Were the room attendants feeling unsafe?

Maybe it's time for a new product, the "Zen Tissue".

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #91 - 06/01/22 at 15:42:48

safebelayer wrote on 06/01/22 at 14:26:20:
Tell me more about the justness of this final action.

All I'll say is that I believe there was more than this thread taken into account when this decision was made.

IP Logged
jec3504
Ex Member

Reply #92 - 06/01/22 at 20:35:05

GroovySauce,

Guess I'm looking to build a more resolving system. Have lots of plans and a budget. Going to mock up some Lii silver 10's next. At the point where getting the amp would help out since it's a unknown for now. Don't want to derail this thread with all my audio plans. Thanks for the help, expect some question down the road.

Joseph

IP Logged
Same Old DD
Seasoned Member

Reply #93 - 06/14/22 at 15:24:54

Hey, JEC,

I am curious about your Klipsch RP-600M, experience. How long have you
had them? Do you have the newer model with the "II" ?

I bought a pair when I still worked at a big box store a few years ago, but after three days I boxed them back up, due to "shouting" at me.
I bought them because I liked the sound in the showroom when compared to Martin Logans, B&W, Definitive, few others which mostly sounded like they all had colds to me.
Those on display had been broken in for months, though.

Mine are basically brand new, but shelved in my attic for now. I keep thinking I should pull them out and just burn them in for a few weeks in the garage, but I have so much to work through. Still waiting for a chance for a second try with those.

What kind of music do you enjoy?
I play mostly jazz from the '50s, '60s and '70s with rock from the '60s,'70's,'80s era. Occasionally some classical.
I am used to an open back sound for about twenty years now.

I also have a pair of La Scalas, too, but I don't like those much either. They haven't made it to the attic yet. Too heavy.

SE84Cs Mono'ed, Lii Audio F15 OB, W15 "H" Frame Subwoofer, McIntosh MC2500, Lazarus Pre, Dual TT, Ortofon, Kleenline Iso Power, Revox, Crown R-R, Pioneer Elite Digital Source
  IP Logged
jec3504
Ex Member

Reply #94 - 06/14/22 at 21:37:45

Hi Same Old DD,

Had them 14 months the original model. They were bright at first but they broke in nice after a month. If I tow them in pointed at my listening position they can be "Shouting". Just have a slight toe in and that works well. Like them a lot, but most of my listening is done on F15 baffles. They have that V-curve going on so they are weak in the mid-range. They are fun with all genres of music. Got a good deal on them. Few people offered to buy them if I ever wanted to sell them.

Going to give them a rip on my new Torri this week.

Joseph

IP Logged
Same Old DD
Seasoned Member

Reply #95 - 06/14/22 at 22:11:56

'grats on the Tori!!

Maybe that's what was fighting me. I'm kind of used to near field monitors that work well pointed directly to the listening area. I moved them around a lot, but I was still pretty close to direct.

Thanks.
Probably should get them back down and break them in a bit more.

IP Logged
jec3504
Ex Member

Reply #96 - 06/15/22 at 01:29:06

Same Old DD,

In my room I found it's better to be at least 8 feet away. Didn't care for them in the near-field.

Joseph

IP Logged
Same Old DD
Seasoned Member

Reply #97 - 06/15/22 at 09:52:19

My room is small, too 12x14, so I am going to be close, as well.
But, HEY!  I have a dedicated room now.

I just saw for the first time, that GR Research guy upgrading those same speakers, from a posting here with links to some vids. Very detailed vids. I mean he actually demonstrates how to twist wire, FFS.

I don't remember who to thank, but you know who you are and Thanks!
It kind of explains why I could not give them a fair shake down at the time I bought them. Smiley
But honestly, in a super dead display room with close to 100 dead speakers in there making everything even more dead, the liveliness of those speakers stood out and I grabbed some.

Enjoy your Tori!!
Can't wait to hear more.

IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #98 - 06/15/22 at 20:14:05

I haven't been to the forum in a while.

I was wondering to myself the other day...given the greater popularity of Decware, will the Decware forum devolve into a place I no longer visit?

So today I visited.  Hmmm.

Please keep this forum a place where open minded, and dare I say it, Zen music lovers can share ideas and discuss new stuff.

Cool map Steve.  And I really wish you could visit the Chicagoland dot and listen to my system/room.  

The addition of the cryo input tube has been the icing on the cake.  I really have it dialed in now.  One of the few products I have ever bought that still amazes me each time I use it.

i7 Mac Mini with LPSU/SSD running Audirvana 3.5, Uptone Audio Regen on LPSU, Mytek Brooklyn DAC+, Ven Haus DIY Silver ICs, 25th Ann. Zen, PS Audio P5 Power Supply, PS Audio Power Cords, GR Research Speaker Wire, DIY Big Betsy and Crystal 10 Open Baffle Speakers
  IP Logged
jec3504
Ex Member

Reply #99 - 06/15/22 at 20:42:17

Palomina,

Glad you did stop by today. You views are always something I take notice of. Thanks for your help. Read a response you wrote to a fellow member about F15's. You description was a 10 out of 10. Especially the comparisons between C10 and the F15. Big fan of the crown -W15 setup.

Joseph

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print