Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 02:47:56 

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Who are DECWARE customers? (Read 8967 times)
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Re: Who are DECWARE customers?
Reply #100 - 06/15/22 at 20:48:17

Thanks

I'd stop by more but I am just in such a good place right now with my system I don't have any big yearnings.

I will probably start looking for a new streaming platform or software.  Audirvana left a bad taste in my mouth when they didn't address (or even respond to emails) about the Tidal skipping issue.

The C10/AELO15s continue to be my go to speakers.

Glad to be a dot on the map.

i7 Mac Mini with LPSU/SSD running Audirvana 3.5, Uptone Audio Regen on LPSU, Mytek Brooklyn DAC+, Ven Haus DIY Silver ICs, 25th Ann. Zen, PS Audio P5 Power Supply, PS Audio Power Cords, GR Research Speaker Wire, DIY Big Betsy and Crystal 10 Open Baffle Speakers
  IP Logged
jec3504
Ex Member

Reply #101 - 06/17/22 at 16:14:00

Palomino,

Good luck with you streaming platform. Please post your findings. I'm a computer-crossover audiophile. I'm green to this tube world ( other than my families system from the 60's & 70's) Had many dacs and computer/streamers in a desktop setting. Nothing on the level some members have on the forum.

Will say the last few years have been eye opening.  Digital has sure improved. I'm using a simple setup. Raspberry Pi 4 into a Bifrost2 Dac.
Running Volumio OS on the Pi4 and using it as an endpoint with Tidal connect. Think the price went up for using  Volumio. I'm paying $40 a year. They keep it up to date. It has been bulletproof for the last 6 months.

Found this usb cable on ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/115306099934?var=415332437973

Biggest usb cable I ever seen. It's Hot, but in the best way.

Joseph

IP Logged
Sean
Seasoned Member

Reply #102 - 07/12/22 at 23:17:58

Quote:
Found this usb cable on ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/115306099934?var=415332437973

Biggest usb cable I ever seen. It's Hot, but in the best way.

I was searching the forum for USB cable thoughts and opinions and came across this. Not sure how to "read into" this comment. Do you own that cable? Poking fun at it? Honestly, just looking for clarification.

I recently got a Bifrost on loan, it's now mine. I was then loaned a Blue Heaven USB for a week or two. Sounds great, but I'm not able to justify the spendy price for a USB cable. Perhaps in due time, but just not in the cards for now. So, I real curious if anyone has one of the above cables.

Thanks!

Mofi StudioDeck, AT OC9III, Cinemag 1254 SUT, ZP3, CSP2+, SE84UFO, Tekton Pendragon

Schiit Bifrost, Mac Mini, Roon
  IP Logged
jec3504
Ex Member

Reply #103 - 07/12/22 at 23:30:40

Hi Sean,

I own this cable. Compared to AudioQuest Forest it has more energy, not as flat. Just seems to put more life into the sound. Running it from the Pi4 into a Bifrost 2. Made a huge difference with my RP600Ms. It will do for now, until I upgrade my Dac. Still using it daily. Price was right, big stiff cable something to compare with others.

Joseph

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print