Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/19/24 at 06:40:31 

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
New to tubes?  This is for everyone. (Read 12792 times)
Edsonic
Seasoned Member

Re: New to tubes?  This is for everyone.
Reply #50 - 05/18/22 at 12:35:11

Three year-old repetitively tells everyone there is a monster under his bed at night.

No matter how many older siblings, parents, aunts/uncles explain that there is no monster, the three year-old rejects undesired answer with hands-over-ears response to each and all: "nuh uh! nuh uh!"

'Free thinker.'

IP Logged
jec3504
Ex Member

Reply #51 - 05/18/22 at 14:03:12

DancingSea,

My apologies for bringing up you in my covid induced thoughts on the predictability of a subject that had nothing to do with you. I was out of line to do so. Some how in my explanation of my read of a situation I went a little too far. Sorry

IP Logged
DancingSea
Seasoned Member

Reply #52 - 05/21/22 at 02:49:02

jec3504 - oh, no worries.  I got a kick out of it.  Actually, I was reading through the thread and kept seeing "DS" mentioned and began to wonder  what this "DS" was?  So I did a text search on the page, and lo and behold, it was little 'ol me...  I was like "oh geez, I'm getting in trouble and I haven't even posted to the thread yet!"

Cheesy

I didn't have time to figure out why, but I assumed it was about my Steve Hoffman posts about the 300B which have been largely misunderstood by the Decware consigliere.  

But anyway.... cue the Barney music....

I had a few more thoughts about Kevin Deal, of whom I'm a fan. Kevin can be like a yappy chihuahua.  Not that long ago Raven Dave of Raven Audio made a very low quality, and obscure promotional video in which a guy said something like "after one listen to the Raven Audio amp I boxed up my PrimaLuna for return".  It was so low brow that the "guy" was likely Raven Dave's son.  I don't think the video had that many views.

But Kevin Deal caught wind of it and issued a devastating video about Raven Audio in which he presented an expose about how low quality their amps are, and included quasi funny, yet mean inferences.  I liked the video, made me laugh, but it was a rough assault on Raven Audio over their stupid and obscure little swipe at PrimaLuna.  There was a big kerfuffle and the video was removed by Kevin.  But I'm sure Raven Audio will not be taking any more swipes at PrimaLuna.

This tube video wasn't created because Kevin wanted to educate us about tube life.  It was another Kevin retaliatory video because Paul McGowan made a passing swipe at Upscale, as shown in Kevin's video.  Yes, Kevin's tube knowledge is quite good, but his motivations were petty, albeit entertaining.

I'm not sure why Kevin feels such a need to lash back.  Upscale Audio is doing really well.  But that's his style.  See squirrel and bark.

IP Logged
safebelayer
Seasoned Member

Reply #53 - 05/21/22 at 03:24:00

It is that type of behavior, which anyone who has a minimal amount of exposure to Kevin Deal is aware, that makes it curious why Steve would connect his name to such unprofessionalism.  To be clear, I hope it's a one off, though Steve noted he has repeatedly sent customers to upscale. 😟

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print