Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/19/24 at 19:30:45 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Re: US Made Decware SE84TS Taboo -Single ended Tube Am (Read 1472 times)
Carlsbad
Seasoned Member

Re: US Made Decware SE84TS Taboo -Single ended Tube Am
05/04/22 at 18:17:26

This is a scam.  The photo and words come from the following 2 year old ad:

https://www.carousell.sg/p/decware-se84ts-taboo-single-ended-tube-amplifier-us-m...

We have seen several amps for sale here in the past few days listed by new members. They are reluctant to post photos because they know we know how to find the photos' origins.  I identified the scammer last week selling a Rachel amp, which she probably became familiar with from my signature line when I figured out she was trying to scam me for some tubes.    We deleted that listing so she is posting more and more listings.  

I responded to one and was ignored, because she recognizes me as on to her.

She will insist on a non-refundable payment method.  One forum member tried to send money and fortunately didn't get the money sent.  Please don't send money unless you are sure.  I would insist on a phone number and talk to the person at this time.  Or insist on a photo with a specific item in the photo (watch for photoshop).

jerry

I suspect

Decware SE84UFO w/20th mods
Grimm MU1 Streamer
Lampizator Golden Gate 3 DAC
Tekton Encore Speakers
  IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #1 - 05/04/22 at 21:33:29

Yeah, I've had my eye on this poster for a few days.

There just wasn't anything there to put the hammer down on.

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
Carlsbad
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 05/04/22 at 22:41:34

Look at the other new listings by other new members that don't have a photo.  I replied to one and got no response.  I suspect they are all from the same female in Kenya.

Decware SE84UFO w/20th mods
Grimm MU1 Streamer
Lampizator Golden Gate 3 DAC
Tekton Encore Speakers
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3 - 05/05/22 at 00:02:24

Thank you all for the kind words. I don't want to hijack this thread. Had a great get together with family and finalized plans. We all had time to expect this and we all were loved and have no regrets or grudges. Next month we will be celebrating his life in a memorial.

Now let's get the thread back to the "Sarah."

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print