Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 06:23:21 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Question about ZKIT1 Mods -- Anniversary and CCE (Read 1002 times)
nipsy
Verified Member

Question about ZKIT1 Mods -- Anniversary and CCE
04/25/22 at 04:13:23

I really enjoyed building my kit (the 12/18 printed circuit board) and have found the sound to be mesmerizing. This is my first dive into HiFi and what a dive it's been. While I still have no idea what I'm doing, I want to keep pressing forward.

I bought the Miiflex capacitors for the Anniversary mods which I hope to install soon. They're really big and won't fit well with my board mounted kit. I'll be mounting the kit in a Hammond wood sided enclosure as soon as I can figure out how to drill holes in the right places on the metal top plate. I am very challenged as far as precision work is concerned,  

What am I going after with this modification ?  What differences can I expect to hear once I install them ?  

As for the CCE mods, have they been included in this design or are they to be added ?  What sonic difference will they create ? What have you noticed ?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and expertise.

IP Logged
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Re: Question about ZKIT1 Mods -- Anniversary and CCE
Reply #1 - 05/09/22 at 12:07:03

The CCE or Hazen mod is the .1uf capacitor tied to pins one and three on the output tubes. Its purpose is the catch the haze of electrons bouncing of the plate with the screen closet to the plate. Imagine a haze of fog dissipating revealing clear skies - apply it to sound.
There has been a lot on this forum about the CCE. All of it very positive.

John

AMC CD8b>XO3>Cambridge CXN2>ZDAC>ZBOX>braided silver/occ> Zrock2>CSP2+>SE84 milflex copper 25th>9AWG silver/copper braid>lii Crystal 10 in Huijgen cabinets. Ortofon 2M Black>JVC QL-F4/Otari MX5050B2>ZP3. Isolation. AC filtering. Room treatment.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print