03/28/24 at 23:16:20 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Stands - Again (Read 1712 times)
KenD
Verified Member

Stands - Again
04/11/22 at 17:55:27

I saw the previous thread about stand sizing to use these speakers in-room.   Any specific stands/models to recommend?

IP Logged
ZYGI
YaBB Moderator

HR-ONE

Re: Stands - Again
Reply #1 - 04/11/22 at 19:11:04

Ken D.

Welcome to the forum.

I have no specific model. There was a time I had made some stands for the Trapeziums, but with the current orders situation, I wouldn't have time.

I will say, the traps need the top plate of the stand that you use to be at least 2" wider than the speakers and keep the speaker to the front edge of the stands top.

The also need to be somewhere around 20-24" tall.

Hope this helps

Bob Z
ZYGI

All Decware amps and sources, Turning Point Audio speakers
  IP Logged
KenD
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 04/11/22 at 19:52:02

Thanks for the welcome and the info Bob.  I'll rummage around on amazon and see what might be available at the right size and visual match.

I live in an apartment with listening room about 16' x 14' with 8' ceiling (and neighbors) so the Trapeziums sound like a good fit for my situation and lighter music tastes.  My amp does ~4W per side in triode mode.

IP Logged
ZYGI
YaBB Moderator

HR-ONE

Reply #3 - 04/14/22 at 02:19:33

Ken, For that sized room and with neighbors 4 watts should be enough.

My son uses them as his main speakers with a 2.3 watt per side Zen amp.

You should be fine.

Bob Z
ZYGI

IP Logged
KenD
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 04/14/22 at 02:32:28

Thanks Bob, good do know.  There are a few interesting stands around but none with a big enough top plate so I will have to have one fabricated.

You mentioned in another post that the plate ideally should be about 2 inches bigger than the speaker.  Did you mean both in width and length or just width?

Also, any material you would recommend over another?

IP Logged
ZYGI
YaBB Moderator

HR-ONE

Reply #5 - 04/14/22 at 16:12:04

Ken, If you are still to order the Traps, I could fabricate an appropriate size plate for an existing stand, if thats a helps.

As far as material, almost anything that is heavy, inert, and that is not hollow. If it is hollow, then a stand that would allow the hollow parts to be filled with some sort of material like lead shot, I've even heard of some using kitty litter, which would be the cheapest.

Another speaker to think about would be the DNA's The smaller brother of the DNA-2's. They have excellent bass in smaller rooms, at lower listening levels  without really disturbing the neighbors too much I would imagine.
Stands added to the cost or Traps, might be getting you close in price, if budget was of concern.

I build both....

Bob Z
ZYGI

IP Logged
KenD
Verified Member

Reply #6 - 04/14/22 at 17:52:50

Thanks Bob.  Budget is very much a concern and, as much as I find horn-loaded bass intoxicating, the DNAs would blow my budget Sad

I'm selling some gear to make room for the Traps so it will likely be a few weeks.  When I do order I would like to take you up on your offer to fabricate a top plate for the stands.  Or, if you let me know the optimum dimensions I can get the plates CNC cut here from something like black acrylic or polycarbonate.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print