Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/16/24 at 07:22:00 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Posting comments as a believer (Read 271 times)
Mannytheseacow
Ex Member

Posting comments as a believer
04/09/22 at 05:37:52

A year ago I moved half way around the world and into my current house. As I’ve been settling in there have been several stereos around the house. My main listening room has a Hegel H360, Magnepan 3.7s and a pair of REL T5’s. Along the way I built a zkit with the 25th Ann. Mods and a pair of Lii f-15 open baffles. The zkit and the Lii have been in my shop, which is not the greatest acoustically (low ceiling, concrete floor, etc.). Meanwhile, lve been getting to know my main system (the Hegel/Maggie) intimately for a year. I would sometimes bring the zkit and Lii’s into that main room while doing remodeling, but mostly as a “jam” system, because, frankly, Maggie’s just don’t do that. They’re transparent, and holographic… but… they don’t jam.
So tonight for the first time I pushed the Hegel/Maggie system aside and introduced the zkit and lii’s into my main room for some critical… seriously… critical a/b comparisons with the other system. All I can say is wow.
Wow.
Wow.
Reflecting on building the Z-kit… it was a good experience, I learned a lot in my mistakes, my respect for Decware and Steve’s designs and recommendations. It was a good experience, the amp sounds killer, and realistically it has cost probably about the same as what Steve would have sold it to me for. I’m convinced the Decware p2p configuration sounds better but I’m not sure what the better trade is; the learning experience I got from building it or paying the price for the real McCoy and supporting Decware. Without going too far down that rabbit hole, I would just like to say the approx. $1k I spent building the Z kit and the $500 on the Lii OBs blows the f**king roof off the $10k I have wrapped up in the Hegel/Maggie/REL combo.
Thank you Decware.  [smiley=dankk2.gif]

IP Logged
CAJames
Seasoned Member

"I've run every
red light on memory
lane."

Re: Posting comments as a believer
Reply #1 - 04/09/22 at 18:25:27

...All I can say is wow.
Wow.
Wow...

I hear you.

I thought my previous system (Pass Aleph 2s and Totem Mani signatures, both bought used back in the 90s) was pretty close to the last word is speed and transparency. But they were starting to wear out and, long story short, I replaced them with a pair of UFOs and Omega Super AlNiCo monitors that cost a fraction of what I paid 25ish years ago. My hope was the new system would be close to the one it replaced, so no way was I prepared for it blowing the doors off my Pass/Totem system. More speed, more transparency, and also deeper more impactful bass and more extended highs. My system sounds so good I used the Black Friday coupon to get back on the waiting list for a pair of UFO25s.

If Steve didn't post so many of the details of all the hard work he puts into the design of the amps I would call them a miracle. At the very least they worth much more than the cost and more than worth the wait.

[FOOBAR2000 | Jay's CDT2 MRK3] -> Denafrips Terminator 2 + Gaia
Sumiko Pearwood -> Mapleknoll Athena -> Luxman SUT -> Maple-tree Phono 3E
Woo WA22 -> 2x UFO25s, balanced monos
Omega SAM , Hifiman Arya, Senn HD-650
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print