03/29/24 at 00:13:45 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
help a newbie (Read 1629 times)
gary roman
Verified Member

help a newbie
04/02/22 at 22:01:50

Plan is to get the UFO2 and pair it with the Cambridge CXN V2. will I be able to control the volume via the remote from the CXN? If my music will be coming from Amazon HD, any issues with this set up? will I just need to connect the CXN to the Zen and to the speakers? TIA.

IP Logged
Tony
Seasoned Member

"Life without
..music is
inconceivable"
A.Einsteln

Re: help a newbie
Reply #1 - 04/02/22 at 23:36:12

Hi Gary,

Welcome to the forum.

I have a CXNv2 as well, and there should be no problem with your setup. There may be options as to what app you might use. I chose Cambridge's StreamMagic. It's fine. I just took a look at it and saw that it could handle Amazon as your music source.

Once you get your UFO2, that will be a nice combo.

SE84UFO25 | Ic0n4 Passive Preamp | ZBIT | Cambr. CXNv2 | Denafrips Pontus II | Denafrips Gaia | Media Converter | Decware I/Cs | Decware Pwr Cbls | ZWIRE Speaker Cbls | Omega SAHOM & KEF KC62 | Furman Cond l GIK Room Trmt
  IP Logged
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 04/03/22 at 10:36:40

Hi Gary,

Tony is correct but I will add a few more details.
Amazon music as well as many other music services can be played by the CXNv2 with Chromecast available on Android and Airplay on IOS.

The volume can be adjusted with the CXNv2's preamp which supplies the RCA outs. I will assume that this is the same for the balanced outputs. The digital outs of the CXN can not be volume adjusted being the preamp is bypassed.

My experience shows that RCA outs on the CXN are not as good as the the digital outs with sound quality. This may be out of the scope of your question but just wanted to bring it to your attention.

Here is a link to the owners manual.

https://manuals.cambridgeaudio.com/cxn-v2-network-player

John

AMC CD8b>XO3>Cambridge CXN2>ZDAC>ZBOX>braided silver/occ> Zrock2>CSP2+>SE84 milflex copper 25th>9AWG silver/copper braid>lii Crystal 10 in Huijgen cabinets. Ortofon 2M Black>JVC QL-F4/Otari MX5050B2>ZP3. Isolation. AC filtering. Room treatment.
  IP Logged
gary roman
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 04/05/22 at 00:50:11

thanks for the helpful responses!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print