Decware Audio Forums
04/20/24 at 10:08:45 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Just get 2… (Read 1456 times)
Nick324

Just get 2…
03/19/22 at 17:18:32

I have had my Zen 25th anniversary amp for a short while now. I’ve dropped it in-line in my main system and primarily use it in the late evening, for low volume listening. In short, it is excellent and I absolutely adore the sound signature. I have mixed and matched some tubes which i am personally very happy with along w/ the pieces it is mated to.

If i could do it again, and I may later on, I would have 2 identical and mated units built to run as mono-blocks. That would have been the ideal for my room and desires. Just a tiny bit of extra power to handle my less efficient speakers in my space and room dimensions. I’m an imaging and soundstage freak, i really love it when the speakers completely disappear and I can visualize the performers in my space. This Tiny little powerhouse is insane in its clarity and abilty to take a clean source chain and give me an incredible soundstage.

Thank you Steve for the incredible voicing and quality put into this little amp. It punches well above its price class and provides  big boy performance in the proper setting, depending on your desires and requirements. I could not be more pleased, 1 does the job well, 2 would have been perfect.  [smiley=icqlite20.png]

Innuos Zenith MKIII > Lampizator Baltic3 > Vinnie Rossi L2iSE > SE341.5 or SE84UFO25, >> Heresy, K-horn, Philharmonic BMR, Ωmega Super 6XRS Alnico, LSIM703, Falcon LS3/5A, Steve's TR’s, Tube-Tots.
  IP Logged
CAJames
Seasoned Member

"I've run every
red light on memory
lane."

Re: Just get 2…
Reply #1 - 03/19/22 at 23:58:36

I have a pair of SE84UFOs that I use as balanced mono blocks, and they are fantastic. I didn't do it for the extra watts, but they are a nice bonus along with the short speaker cables and balanced topology. They are so good I ordered a pair of UFO25s with the Black Friday coupon back in November.

[FOOBAR2000 | Jay's CDT2 MRK3] -> Denafrips Terminator 2 + Gaia
Sumiko Pearwood -> Mapleknoll Athena -> Luxman SUT -> Maple-tree Phono 3E
Woo WA22 -> 2x UFO25s, balanced monos
Omega SAM , Hifiman Arya, Senn HD-650
  IP Logged
Nick324

Re: Just get 2…
Reply #2 - 06/04/22 at 16:26:12

I have had time to put some good hours on my amplifier and get a sense of its sound signature. Very pleased and to be honest best overall performance comes from my more sensitive speakers, Klipsch K-horns and Omega Super 6 Alnico XRS. Lower sensitivity speakers play ok at lower volumes but the best dynamics, bolder & bigger sound effects come when appropriately mated to speakers that will produce volume as designed within the space they are located. (my experience, my opinion, my room thus far)

Current chain is: Innuos Zenith Mk3 streamer >matrix XPIDIF-2 >LampizatOr Baltic 3 (2022vs silent revision)> Vinnie Rossie L2iSE (used as pre-amp)>Zen 25th > K-Horns or Omega's

Innuos Zenith MKIII > Lampizator Baltic3 > Vinnie Rossi L2iSE > SE341.5 or SE84UFO25, >> Heresy, K-horn, Philharmonic BMR, Ωmega Super 6XRS Alnico, LSIM703, Falcon LS3/5A, Steve's TR’s, Tube-Tots.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print