Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 09:09:08 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
SE84UFO2 with Active subwoofer (Read 1737 times)
Pom
Verified Member

SE84UFO2 with Active subwoofer
03/08/22 at 15:58:18

I am looking forward to enjoy UFO2 (anytime soon, I hope) but I have a question.  Is there any way to connect active sub within the system without preamp? Does Decware has a subwoofer line out as a option?  Thank you for any helpful comments in advance.   Cheesy

IP Logged
Crazy Bill the Eel Killer
Seasoned Member

Tubes Rule !!

Re: SE84UFO2 with Active subwoofer
Reply #1 - 03/08/22 at 16:24:35

Hello Pom,
REL sub bass units fit that bill, as they can be driven by line level RCA connectors or Neutrix speaker level

https://rel.net/shop/powered-subwoofers/serie-tx/t-7x/

Good luck,               Crazy Bill

IP Logged
MikeinMontana
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 03/08/22 at 17:12:45

Welcome Pom. I had the same question a while back   Smiley https://www.decware.com/cgi-bin/yabb22/YaBB.pl?num=1638818746

IP Logged
Rich

Reply #3 - 03/13/22 at 05:58:55

When I purchased my SE84UFO2, I had Steve make a mod.  Instead of two inputs he made one a preamp out.  If you get this mod you can use the preamp out to feed your sub

SE84UFO2, Schiit Bifrost Multibit Dac, diy Betsy baffles, Bluesound Vault music server
  IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Reply #4 - 03/13/22 at 18:11:08

Pom- If your sub has high level inputs (speaker level inputs) you can run the sub just as you would a speaker. It doesn't present and kind of load to the amp. I have RCA outputs on my Rachael and I felt that just running at speaker level sounded better. A lot of it will depend on the sub you have. Happy listening, Chris.

CSP3, Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, Sony ES Bluray, Schitt Bitfrost DAC,Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Hana SL Low Output Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
Dana
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 03/13/22 at 18:36:13

I'm running a powered sub with my SE84UFO.  Just like mentioned above with the high level inputs on the sub speaker inputs.  I wired the speakers direct and used banana plugs for the sub so it's easy to change out if needed.

The only issue I'm having is with high sensitivity speakers having the sub match the volume at all levels is a challenge.

Tom Waits:
And the newspapers were fooling,
And the ash-trays have retired
'Cause the piano has been drinking,
The piano has been drinking
The piano has been drinking,
Not me, not me, not me, not me, not me
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print