Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/19/24 at 00:17:03 

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
NEW Decware Silver Reference Interconnects! (Read 17042 times)
Mike W
Verified Member

Re: NEW Decware Silver Reference Interconnects!
Reply #50 - 06/25/22 at 01:22:15

Just ordered a second pair of DSR’s. Unmatched in my UFO2.1 system against some solid competition. Unfortunately, trying them in my other systems has created a problem for me wanting more. They are that good. I look forward to the XLR to RCA option as well when it becomes available.

IP Logged
BicycleJoe Lo-Fi
Seasoned Member

It's all in one
note, Just Listen

Reply #51 - 06/25/22 at 18:06:26

I have a full set O/O of the decware silver reference interconnects and speaker wires plus some AC cords for the ZPC to my ZP3 phono pre and one for the Rachael. But for now I am using these it took 3 weeks to arrive from China. Before I was using unshielded West Penn Wire 226 AWG14

on ZON

8ag OCC Silver Plated HiFi Speaker Cables High Performance Home Audio Amplifier Sound Wire (9.9Ft / 3m)
1 offer from $96.00$96.00

"Once there was a note, pure and easy,playing so free like a breath rippling by,the note is eternal, I hear it, it sees me,forever we blend and forever we die".
  IP Logged
Mannytheseacow
Ex Member

Reply #52 - 06/26/22 at 02:15:22

Hi, Joe. I’m excited to see that you have these cables. I’ve seen them on eBay and thought about trying them out. What is your impression of them and what are you comparing them with?

IP Logged
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Reply #53 - 06/26/22 at 12:31:18

BJ,

I purchased bulk cable with the same wire and description. Added banana ends making 10.5 foot speaker cables. A layout changed forced the need for a extra 1/2 foot. Measuring the individual silver/copper strands the AWG works out to be 11 a cable.

With about 70 hours on the cables in my system, there is notable bass/mid weakness as compared to silver clad 8 AWG copper cables it replaced(each cable + & - was configured parallel with each seperated by 1" natural cotton piping). Just before the bulk cable was added the silver clad 8 AWG was tried in a braided scheme that improved detail as compared to the parallel scheme. I may go back to the braided 8 gauage scheme and use the 11 gauge braid for Tiny Radials in the office system. Steve recommended the 11 gauge, as noted by a poster earlier in this thread, for the TRs.

At this time I think the Lii speakers need the 8 gauge as a minimum to keep the impedance push/pull between Steve's amp fast and ample Smiley

AMC CD8b>XO3>Cambridge CXN2>ZDAC>ZBOX>braided silver/occ> Zrock2>CSP2+>SE84 milflex copper 25th>9AWG silver/copper braid>lii Crystal 10 in Huijgen cabinets. Ortofon 2M Black>JVC QL-F4/Otari MX5050B2>ZP3. Isolation. AC filtering. Room treatment.
  IP Logged
CAJames
Seasoned Member

"I've run every
red light on memory
lane."

Reply #54 - 06/26/22 at 18:30:11

That’s interesting JB. I’ve been using the 8 AWG silver clad wire, same as Decware ZSTYX, and am very happy with it. But I moved my speakers a little and now need longer cables. I have more of the 8 AWG wire I can use but decided to take a chance on the eBay cable based on glowing reviews from some of the forum members. I should have it in a few days and look forward to the comparison. I’m using Omega SAMs with UFO amps, configured as balance mono blocs.

[FOOBAR2000 | Jay's CDT2 MRK3] -> Denafrips Terminator 2 + Gaia
Sumiko Pearwood -> Mapleknoll Athena -> Luxman SUT -> Maple-tree Phono 3E
Woo WA22 -> 2x UFO25s, balanced monos
Omega SAM , Hifiman Arya, Senn HD-650
  IP Logged
Mannytheseacow
Ex Member

Reply #55 - 06/26/22 at 19:25:04

I’ve had similar experience, not with silver but with gage. It seems like about 30 years I’ve been using Belden 9497 and when I connected it to my zkit and Lii F15’s it was flat and less than dynamic. I made a 3 wire braid out of it then and the sound improved in orders of magnitude (qualitative) in that system. I had similar experience upgrading from a single 9497 to canare starquad with my Hegel/Magnepan system, and can’t say that I can tell a difference between the Canare and triple braid Belden. At some point I want to upgrade to some serious silver cabling but just weighing my options right now.

IP Logged
BicycleJoe Lo-Fi
Seasoned Member

It's all in one
note, Just Listen

Reply #56 - 06/26/22 at 20:31:22

[b] manny the sea cow/b] I am using them only temporarily with the Rega IO my JBL's and TT. The room isn't set up properly or treated. It's just a stopgap while I wait for the Rachel and ZP3 after I get that set up with some more efficient speakers I'll use these cables for a bedroom system. I ordered them on Amazon and it took almost 3 weeks to receive them but Amazon said it would take 45 days.

"Once there was a note, pure and easy,playing so free like a breath rippling by,the note is eternal, I hear it, it sees me,forever we blend and forever we die".
  IP Logged
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Reply #57 - 06/27/22 at 13:19:53

Mannytheseacow thanks for your input!

CAJames looking forward to your impressions of the cabling in your system!

I started gathering material for redoing the parallel scheme to braiding but stopped and gave the China cable a go. Now reconsidering and may continue with the redo and use both cables in parallel Smiley or just purchase some spades and run both cables, as is, in parallel 🤔  Oh the fun of this hobby!

John

AMC CD8b>XO3>Cambridge CXN2>ZDAC>ZBOX>braided silver/occ> Zrock2>CSP2+>SE84 milflex copper 25th>9AWG silver/copper braid>lii Crystal 10 in Huijgen cabinets. Ortofon 2M Black>JVC QL-F4/Otari MX5050B2>ZP3. Isolation. AC filtering. Room treatment.
  IP Logged
CAJames
Seasoned Member

"I've run every
red light on memory
lane."

Reply #58 - 06/30/22 at 23:51:45

So I've got several hours on the ebay cables and yeah, they do have less bass. And maybe a little less silky smoothness compared to the milspec 8 AWG. To be clear, they are very good for the price and I'm comparing 1 M of the ebay cables to about 20" of the 8 AWG (no twists, I had the cables separated and wanted to make them as short as possible). I'm going to listen for a few more days and then try 1 M of the 8 AWG.

On a separate but related note, any tips to separate my banana plugs from the shrink tubing?

[FOOBAR2000 | Jay's CDT2 MRK3] -> Denafrips Terminator 2 + Gaia
Sumiko Pearwood -> Mapleknoll Athena -> Luxman SUT -> Maple-tree Phono 3E
Woo WA22 -> 2x UFO25s, balanced monos
Omega SAM , Hifiman Arya, Senn HD-650
  IP Logged
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Reply #59 - 08/05/22 at 12:07:15

Removing shrink tubing can be done by reheating or a carefull cut parallel with a utility knife set with minimal blade exposure.  

Steve is now offering his new ICs in 1/2 meter which will make a nice aesthetic vibration free setup. The pic is custom made ones that I made.

IP Logged
Burgermeester
Seasoned Member

Reply #60 - 08/10/22 at 23:54:57

If the power cables were available in 50cm I'd buy half a dozen, probably.

IP Logged
Earthbound
Seasoned Member

Reply #61 - 08/11/22 at 00:10:13

It does stink that there seems to be a lot of money just swinging and collecting more dust than necessary! But, knowing myself, I would still buy longer than I need just in case.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print