03/28/24 at 21:41:50 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The DHC-1 Power Cable (Read 6221 times)
Burgermeester
Seasoned Member

The DHC-1 Power Cable
02/25/22 at 09:39:33

Is there any prospect of bringing these back, or should I give up waiting and buy elsewhere?

IP Logged
Geno
Seasoned Member

Without music, life
would be a mistake.

Re: The DHC-1 Power Cable
Reply #1 - 02/26/22 at 00:54:36

Looking at the message on the Decware site, I get the impression that it is a supply issue. How long has the unavailable note been on there?

Steve, if you see this, will your power cable be available in the near future?

Lon, have you heard any details about this?

(2)SE84UFO(Balanced Monoblocs) OR Sansui AU-222
Crown sub amp
Cambridge Audio CXN(ModWright) • ZBIT
SL-1210MK5(KAB Mods) Soundsmith Aida MKll cart • Darlington Labs MP-7
Otari MX5050-Bll2 R2R
ZLC Power Cond.
Lii Audio PT-10/W-15 in open baffles
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #2 - 02/26/22 at 01:52:23

I don't have a pipeline for info other than here, don't know any specifics.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
ChrisC

Reply #3 - 03/03/22 at 00:52:16

just got this from Steve

https://www.decwareproducts.com/dhc2

ChrisC Smiley

CXC, CXN (MWI), ZROCK2, Aric Audio Unlimited, Rachael, Omega CAMs
  IP Logged
Geno
Seasoned Member

Without music, life
would be a mistake.

Reply #4 - 03/03/22 at 03:13:19

Very good! I need 2.

And I want to try a set of the new interconnects too.

Thanks for posting this, Chris.

Best,

Geno

(2)SE84UFO(Balanced Monoblocs) OR Sansui AU-222
Crown sub amp
Cambridge Audio CXN(ModWright) • ZBIT
SL-1210MK5(KAB Mods) Soundsmith Aida MKll cart • Darlington Labs MP-7
Otari MX5050-Bll2 R2R
ZLC Power Cond.
Lii Audio PT-10/W-15 in open baffles
  IP Logged
Stefan
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 03/03/22 at 04:05:17

Thanks for the link, v2 looks even better than v1! Going to order some.

- Stefan
---------------------
Rega rp6, Lounge Audio phono pre-amp, Lonely Raven PC, T+A DAC 8 DSD, ZBIT, ZROCK2+25th, SE84UFO25, Torii IV, Denon AVC-1SE, Infinity IRS Beta, Tannoy Cheviot, ERRx, Tiny Radials, Woo WA-3, Sennheiser HD800S
  IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Reply #6 - 03/06/22 at 01:12:46

Please post your impression when you get these new AC cords, very interested and Steve and the forum members have never led me astray. Happy Listening, Chris.

CSP3, Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, Sony ES Bluray, Schitt Bitfrost DAC,Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Hana SL Low Output Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #7 - 03/27/22 at 23:13:16

I just ordered one of the new DHC-3 power cables to try. Great price! Intriguing design and nice materials.

https://www.decwareproducts.com/dhc3

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Reply #8 - 03/28/22 at 00:57:03

Lon - What component are you planning on using it on? You do have more than one. Just testing the waters? Let us know, and I know you will. Happy listening, Chris.

CSP3, Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, Sony ES Bluray, Schitt Bitfrost DAC,Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Hana SL Low Output Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #9 - 03/28/22 at 01:10:43

I'm thinking of trying it first on my newest component needing a power cord: a Farad Super3 power supply that is part of the modifications to the PS Audio DSD that I now use in my main system, it feeds the analog power board for the DAC. I have been trying different power cables to this, and it is very sensitive to power cables. This one might be a top contender to stay in place, we'll see.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #10 - 03/30/22 at 13:46:22

Seems to be shipping already--no long long wait for these!

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #11 - 03/30/22 at 20:41:23

Wow. I posted that I was going to try this on the PS Audio forum, posted a link to the cable, and I think four other persons just ordered one. Wink

IP Logged
DirtDawg
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 03/31/22 at 00:49:38

You're on Steves payroll, right? Kidding, of course.
You just seem to lead us mice to the light with your Pied piping.
Keep it up. I am always interested in your perspective.

Newer, better power cables is high up on my list of "next" things to do. I only have one of higher grade (found on ebay and my shithead lowball offer was accepted, by surprise) and two that are "hospitol grade" from old days.
All three are way better than what comes standard with most stuff, but it is the connectors that are way better, not the cabling by any stretch.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #13 - 03/31/22 at 00:56:01

No, I'm not on the payroll. Smiley (I did do some webpage work for Steve a few years ago, but not a lot and not employed by him this decade).

I have been using Decware products since 1998 or so when I bought the 27th amp he built--I have had a number of his source, pre-, amp, cabling and speaker products over that time period. I've hands on experience with a lot of his products and have had a deep interest in the line and the "sound" all this time. I hope I can be helpful and I want others to enjoy these great items and the great work.

IP Logged
DirtDawg
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 03/31/22 at 01:49:00

I was just jabbing with a bit of nonsensical humor.

I look at guys who have gotten their systems to where they don't seem to mess with it much anymore. Part of me is going toward that or at least finding a happy medium.  
I am not anywhere near there, yet.  I still toil and toy with everything I own.
Having my own room to play with is the best thing I have ever known. I will never be satisfied, I fear.
But the chances to just sit and enjoy are better these days. Not much to complain about in the larger schemes of things I like.

I can work my CDs with one hand! Turntable is more like physical therapy for my big booboo. Either way, things are coming together for me.

I edited my previous post to add two other better than average Power cable items I still use. But, power is next.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #15 - 04/01/22 at 23:56:04

Well I got my DHC-3 in today and thanks to a sister-in-law taking my wife out for a "consult" I got to spend a few hours with it powering the Farad Super3 that feeds the analog power board in the modded DSD DAC I have, a power cable spot that is really revealing and which I have been rolling cables for a few months.

I can say that right out of the package and into the component this is a FAST and transparent cable. Very nice sound results from using it. It may be a bit more forward than the slightly more laid back in comparison Belden BAV cable I have tailored the sound around lately, but it is also early, very early, in the use of this cable. And it's also a smidge more dynamic seeming than the Belden, and perhaps a bit more detailed as far as room sound retrieval, piano pedal resonance etc.

I think this is a winner, especially for the price!

IP Logged
DirtDawg
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 04/02/22 at 13:56:51

Lon, kind of a newby question, but you mentioned rolling through power cables on your DAC over a period of months because, being a Source, that is a very revealing point in your set up.

I understand that many things have to occur before actual break-in can help to settle the kinds of stress applied to metals through soldering, tinning and even crimping and possibly plugging and unplugging of cabling but, as you roll through a few cables, how long do you give each change before you can decide if the change was beneficial or if you're going to roll it again?

Noticing an immediate difference must give one a kind of rush of audio goosebumps as you seem to have decribed with your new purchase. Do you go back and forth between changes in a short time or do you "live with" your new cable for a while before going back to the older cable to confirm your first impressions?

Often when I have changed something that made a dramatic difference there was later something I noticed that I had given up in another area.
I understand that the best, cleanest power is essential as a start, otherwise how do you find that "first watt,"  right?
What is the process? How long do you break in a new power cable? How long does it take to conclude that something new is truly an improvement without compromises in other characteristics of your "almost there" system?

Sorry for the raging typos, but I'm still trying to type one handed.
Smiley

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #17 - 04/02/22 at 14:05:56

My experience over the years with power cables is that they reveal themselves about 90 percent when first applied, and about 10 percent of "changes" can occur in the next 100 to 200 hours. So now I sort of view the "rolling" experience in that light, and I have been listening to cable changes for a few weeks before making another change. I pretty much find that the important differences that I first hear hold up over the listening time frame.

In this particular case I now have two power cables to my digital source: the former only power cable now just powers the digital section of my DAC, and there is a second that powers the analog section via a power board mod that a fellow owner designed and built and sold, allowing the use of a separate linear power supply. The particular power cable to the power supply is more "sensitive" to cable choice than any other I've encountered and this has made me go through available cables on hand, and also to buy and try this one as its design suggested it may be very well-suited for the device. Seems so far that it is.

The power cables to my other components have been the same for many months--I seem to have those dialed in. The only other one that is different from the PS Audio PerfectWave AC-12 power cables I use is one to my other newest component, the PS Audio PerfectWave SACD transport, which I found a PS Audio xStream Statement SC cable was the best fit of those I tried.

IP Logged
DirtDawg
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 04/02/22 at 14:18:12

Seems like a fairly advanced DAC in your stable.

Thanks for the input.
I tend to go back and forth with just two "candidates" as I choose one over another?  This is what I have trouble with; I do go back and forth, often in short order and this may be how I confuse myself.

But that 90% is huge and it seems like you've found another winner with the new Decware cable. Interesting how an upgraded power cable to a power supply can make such an immediate difference.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #19 - 04/02/22 at 14:38:02

Yes so far it is doing a very good job in that spot, and I think the "noise prevention" shielding and conductor array is setting it apart.

IP Logged
DirtDawg
Ex Member

Reply #20 - 04/02/22 at 17:05:38

I am still using an older Kleen Line supply for all my gear and I have my best power cables down stream from that klunky beast.
Wondering if I am missing an easy mark or two, now.

I only have one high grade power cable and two hospital grade additionals. That one cable is, by coincidence a PS Audio, but the entry level variety. Can't remember the model designation right now, but it sounds like a toy name or a comic book name.
Should my best power cable be used to power my supply?
Should I look at replacing that Kleen Line product with something produced in this century?

I found it. My PS Audio power cable is called a Sprout variety. So, a lot better than the plastic molded ones that come with stuff, but it's all I have right now.
I have found that my preamp is most needy of its charms.

The easy answer is to buy a handful of new Decware power cables, but I am not there, yet, financially.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #21 - 04/02/22 at 18:11:50

I use PS Audio power regenerators in my systems and the advice I chose to follow was to start with my best power cable feeding the regenerator which I did, and found the results to be favorable. In time looking for bargains I ended up upgrading all the cables from the regenerator to the components and for the most part using the same cable--that "homogeneity" worked well for me, with one or two ringers being a nice finishing touch.

In your shoes I'd try running your best cable from the wall. And. . . Decware cables have been in the past great bang for buck cabling for a system, and these new shielded ones seem to be right smack dab in that tradition, moving it forward a bit I would guess. Maybe buy one when you can and play around with it in the system.

IP Logged
DirtDawg
Ex Member

Reply #22 - 04/02/22 at 18:46:49

Thanks, Lon. Sounds like good advise.
I might have trusted my old favorite soldier, the KleenLine, a bit too far, since I felt anything untoward coming into the system was fixed after it worked its isolation magic.

That's a lot more for me to play with! Good ideas.
My room is still just a starter piece/work in progress, at this point.

Thanks for the insight.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #23 - 04/02/22 at 18:49:13

Well, at least you can work on your room. I can't. . . not allowed and not a battle I can win!

IP Logged
DirtDawg
Ex Member

Reply #24 - 04/02/22 at 19:25:13

We all must manage our own trade offs.

It is a lucky man who knows a woman who offers him a small bit of her favor.
Well managed trade, I'd say.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #25 - 04/06/22 at 14:09:18

I have over 100 hours on the DHC-3 and I have to say I think it's going to stay right where it is powering the Farad Super3 that is in front of the analog board in my DSD DAC.

Fast! Clear! Neutral. I tuned a bit around this cable and am getting great sound.

A bargain.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #26 - 04/11/22 at 20:01:22

I think this cable has finished going through any break-in it was going to. It's very nice for the position I have it in the system and I have to say I think it's better than quite a few more expensive cables. . .so a bargain, as one would expect from Steve's design and "philosophy." Check it out if you need a power cable!

IP Logged
Tal
Seasoned Member

Reply #27 - 04/24/22 at 21:00:00

Lon, good to hear. Just ordered a DHC3 and a couple DHC2s. Plan to use the 3 from the wall to the DLC and the 2 to the ZR2 and either the CSP3 or ZP3 to maximize shielding from the SUT. I also replaced the I/Cs to the UFO2S ZP3 and CSP3 with Steve's new silver I/C. Hoping the new power cords will further improve on the I/Cs!
BTW I think I got the last DHC2 in stock. Hopefully the will be restocked soon, as I want to replace the cords on the UFO2s, also

SE84UFO2 25A mods x2, ZP3 25A mods, CSP3 25A mods, ZRock2 25A mods, Rega P3-24 Incognito tonearm rewire and Groovetracer mods, Bob's Devices SUT > ZP3, Denafrips Pontus + Hermes, Bluesound streamer, Zu Soul VI, Omega DeepOmega8 sub,
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print