Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/25/24 at 16:31:11 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Quicksilver and Transcendent amplifiers (Read 1980 times)
Ken Rafika

Quicksilver and Transcendent amplifiers
02/18/22 at 13:18:27

Has anyone listened to any of the Quicksilver or Transcendent Sound OTL amplifiers?  If so, how do they sound compared to Decware?

Tekton Designs Electron spkrs; Tori MK IV and CSP-3 w/ 25th Ann Mods; OPPO 105D; Roon Quboz; ultraRendu; Teac UD503; Nordost Blue Heaven interconnects and Red Dawn spkr wire
If you want to find the truth in life, don't pass music bu -- Eric Burdon and the Animals
  IP Logged
CAJames
Seasoned Member

"I've run every
red light on memory
lane."

Re: Quicksilver and Transcendent amplifiers
Reply #1 - 02/19/22 at 04:16:52

Its been years since I heard a Quicksilver amp, but I recall they had much more of a classic tube sound: big, warm bordering on lush, the bass was a little loose and the highs a little rolled off. In contrast I'd say my Decware amps are big, fast, transparent with just a drop of liquidity, with tight bass and extended highs. If I were to sum it up the Quicksilver amps sounded seductive but the Decware amps sound like real music.

[FOOBAR2000 | Jay's CDT2 MRK3] -> Denafrips Terminator 2 + Gaia
Sumiko Pearwood -> Mapleknoll Athena -> Luxman SUT -> Maple-tree Phono 3E
Woo WA22 -> 2x UFO25s, balanced monos
Omega SAM , Hifiman Arya, Senn HD-650
  IP Logged
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 02/19/22 at 11:24:44

Quote:
Decware amps sound like real music.

Smiley

AMC CD8b>XO3>Cambridge CXN2>ZDAC>ZBOX>braided silver/occ> Zrock2>CSP2+>SE84 milflex copper 25th>9AWG silver/copper braid>lii Crystal 10 in Huijgen cabinets. Ortofon 2M Black>JVC QL-F4/Otari MX5050B2>ZP3. Isolation. AC filtering. Room treatment.
  IP Logged
seikosha
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 05/06/22 at 12:47:23

I’ve got a Mini Torii, SE84UFO and Quicsilver Horn Monos…and many other amps.  The Quicksilvers were the first amp I ever put in my system that truly replace the little Zen.  Mine are not classic tube sound at all.  It’s like a SE 84 with a bigger soundstage, more power, resolution etc.   The companies are very much alike.  You can talk to both owners on the phone, point to point wiring, all USA handmade etc.

Mini Torii, SE84UFO, Quicksilver Horn Monos, ZStage, CSP3 Omega Super3XRS, Omega SAM, Omega Junior 8xrs, Cambridge CXC, Shiit Bifrost 2, PS Audio P3 Powerplant
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print